SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+17
unseenfriends
MoMer
wattie
Janhar
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
21 posters

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 29 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:19 am

mac wrote:Has the individual whose photo is shown here twice been asked if it's OK to show her this way?

She looks upset - presumably at what happened - but may also now be upset to see herself in this thread.

part of a batch but removed now

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 29 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Jbodoski Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:06 am

MoMer wrote:
notabigjump wrote:Just bringing things back to the tutor dispute, there was an incident which upset a lot of people – the tutors in dispute included.

On a particular course, a popular student and award holder, was singled out in the dining room by the current president, because she wasn’t wearing shoes. This student had previously been given permission to go barefoot, but the president objected.

In a busy dining room, the student was very publicly humiliated and was deeply upset by the incident, because of the rude manner in which she was spoken to in public. Other students and tutors present were also upset as the president was so offensive to her.

The tutors working at that time, have reported that a clear dictat was announced that week, that everyone must wear shoes throughout the college rooms at all time.

The distress of the student in question was so great, she requested a private meeting rather than a public humiliation. The result is she is now no longer able to attend the college since she has been banned, stripped of her awards and membership as a result. This is a student who has supported the SNU, the AFC and invested heavily in tutor training.

It is this type of hypocrisy that irks so many who work with the president and is just one of a multitude of upsetting incidents of bullying of students.

Here are some very recent pictures taken by students of their classes and a newly engaged tutor - all barefoot! I am informed the president was in the building that week!

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 29 Barefo16
Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 29 Barefo18
[/url]

I had heard about this incident before, I found it disturbing to say the least, not only the hypocrisy, I think the hypocrisy has been blatant all along but, by the way someone who claims to be Spiritual enough to think that they can lead the SNU, treating someone in such an awful manner, to humiliate anyone in such a way can never be acceptable and then to stick the boot in further, to remove their awards, membership and ban them from the college is unbelievable. I don’t know who this happened to but if they read this, I am sorry that you had to endure such disrespect and cruelty. It would seem that the new motto is “Do as I say, unless you’re in my clique, in which case do whatever the heck you like. Speak only in support of my dictatorship or you will be silenced and/or gone”
I have been on the end of JW's tongue and wrath. She was publicly attacking me at a venue, I pointed out it was not the time or place for such talk or behaviour as members of the public were coming in. He attitude changed immediately from a really angry person to one of love and light, wouldn't do to show her true colours would it.

Jbodoski

Admin, notabigjump and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMer Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:15 am

Jbodoski, it certainly wouldn’t do for the mask to slip in public!

MoMer

Admin, notabigjump, Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:40 am

notabigjump wrote:
mac wrote:Has the individual whose photo is shown here twice been asked if it's OK to show her this way?

She looks upset - presumably at what happened - but may also now be upset to see herself in this thread.

part of a batch but removed now

That's not what I'd asked though and anyway I've just seen that same image - immediately before this posting.

Last edited by mac on Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : superfluous word "done" removed.)

mac

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:44 am

I'm not questioning anyone's honesty about what's being said but it's become a personalised attack on the President - perhaps deserved, I'm not arguing that - whereas this thread was originally to consider the situation of the tutors and the SNU/AFC approach to them.

mac

Admin and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:31 am

mac wrote:I'm not questioning anyone's honesty about what's being said but it's become a personalised attack on the President - perhaps deserved, I'm not arguing that -  whereas this thread was originally to consider the situation of the tutors and the SNU/AFC approach to them.

Unfortunately, these incidents are all parts of the tutor dispute and included in their concerns. These are parts of why there is a clash.

notabigjump

Admin, Janhar and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by unseenfriends Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:35 am

notabigjump wrote:Unfortunately, these incidents are all parts of the tutor dispute and included in their concerns. These are parts of why there is a clash.

I agree as it is all interlinked. The negative and bullying behaviour is likely a major part of the dispute and complaint.

unseenfriends

Admin, Janhar, notabigjump and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:42 pm

notabigjump wrote:
mac wrote:I'm not questioning anyone's honesty about what's being said but it's become a personalised attack on the President - perhaps deserved, I'm not arguing that -  whereas this thread was originally to consider the situation of the tutors and the SNU/AFC approach to them.

Unfortunately, these incidents are all parts of the tutor dispute and included in their concerns. These are parts of why there is a clash.
It may all be part of a bigger picture but my concern was for the attendee whose image was posted - I'm guessing - without being asked.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:45 pm

I am pleased to see my earlier comment led to appropriate action - the removal of the photograph.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by unseenfriends Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:52 pm

mac wrote:It may all be part of a bigger picture but my concern was for the attendee whose image was posted - I'm guessing - without being asked.

The person whose image has now been removed is not a student/attendee but an AFC tutor hence the face being shown in the original set of photos, as the tutor being barefoot is a significant issue in the context of the original post.

Last edited by unseenfriends on Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

unseenfriends

Lis and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:20 pm

unseenfriends wrote:
mac wrote:It may all be part of a bigger picture but my concern was for the attendee whose image was posted - I'm guessing - without being asked.

The person whose image has now been removed is not a student/attendee but an AFC tutor hence the face being shown, as the tutor being barefoot is a significant issue in the context of the original post.
Are you saying, then, that the tutor agreed for her photograph to be posted here?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by unseenfriends Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:42 pm

mac wrote:
unseenfriends wrote:

The person whose image has now been removed is not a student/attendee but an AFC tutor hence the face being shown, as the tutor being barefoot is a significant issue in the context of the original post.
Are you saying, then, that the tutor agreed for her photograph to be posted here?

No. But in the context of the original post I understand why it was included.

unseenfriends

OnlyVisitingEarth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:47 pm

unseenfriends wrote:
mac wrote:
unseenfriends wrote:

No.  But in the context of the original post I understand why it was included.

That's not the point though. Nobody should be posting photographs of others without their permission. Had that individual posted a photograph of herself as a member here it would be a different situation.

mac

OnlyVisitingEarth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:10 am

I had hoped we may get a precis of day one of the AGM from somewhere.

I can see the point of the tutor, because it highlights JW's inconsistencies, but they have been removed, it is enough there is a copy to back the story up. I take Mac's point there are privacy rules in using peoples photographs.

In fact I agree this is centering on JW especially now we know she has, carelessly, said she will under no circumstances let the 20  back into the college.
Admin
Admin
Admin

OnlyVisitingEarth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:33 am

I was there for only half of the first day but the Agenda ran as planned (albeit over-running by nearly an hour with the last item held over to Sunday) so I'm assuming there wasn't an earlier attempt to stop the proceedings or it was not successful.  

The voting was completed in the afternoon and I expect the results will be communicated to members shortly.  I don't have a summary but I think the 4 year tenure of office was defeated.
Future complaints are to be carried out by an independent, professional body.  
The annual printed Yearbook is to be scrapped.  
Educational bursaries to continue.
Modernisation of wording of Seven Principles to be considered but there can be no changes to the fundamentals.

I did hear a brief mention of the ongoing legal stuff but with a statement that no comment could be given while that's underway.

It did seem the President was getting a lot of support.

mac

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:16 am

mac wrote:I was there for only half of the first day but the Agenda ran as planned (albeit over-running by nearly an hour with the last item held over to Sunday) so I'm assuming there wasn't an earlier attempt to stop the proceedings or it was not successful.  

The voting was completed in the afternoon and I expect the results will be communicated to members shortly.  I don't have a summary but I think the 4 year tenure of office was defeated.
Future complaints are to be carried out by an independent, professional body.  
The annual printed Yearbook is to be scrapped.  
Educational bursaries to continue.
Modernisation of wording of Seven Principles to be considered but there can be no changes to the fundamentals.

I did hear a brief mention of the ongoing legal stuff but with a statement that no comment could be given while that's underway.

It did seem the President was getting a lot of support.
Thanks for the update Mac. Pretty much what we were expecting. I am pleased if the 4 year plan fell through.

Janhar

notabigjump and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyVisitingEarth Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:38 am

I have just been reading on Facebook about an incident at the AGM, of someone making a joke about sexual harassment and the people who thought it was funny and joined in laughing, there are many people commenting about it. Does anyone know if this has been reported?
I also heard someone asking if the tutors at the college have current DBS's (Disclosure and Barring Service) in place.
After all the tutors are living under the same roof with the students and some of those students are vulnerable in different ways. Every tutor/teacher working in any halls of learning in the UK has to have a DBS certificate in place.
They are there to safe guard students, looking into tutors backgrounds, to see if they have any spent and unspent convictions, warnings, reprimands and cautions and the only time they do not show up is if they are 'protected'.
After reading the above comments about the grossly inappropriate joke at the SNU AGM and who laughed at it, I hope someone asks the important question about the tutor's DBS status at the AGM today, or another governing body. not sure if that would be the Charities Commission.

OnlyVisitingEarth

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:45 am

OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:I have just been reading on Facebook about an incident at the AGM, of someone making a joke about sexual harassment and the people who thought it was funny and joined in laughing,  there are many people commenting about it.  Does anyone know if this has been reported?
 I also heard someone asking if the tutors at the college have current DBS's (Disclosure and Barring Service) in place.
After all the tutors are living under the same roof with the students and some of those students are vulnerable in different ways. Every tutor/teacher working in any halls of learning in the UK has to have a DBS certificate in place.
They are there to safe guard students, looking into tutors backgrounds, to see if they have any spent and unspent convictions, warnings, reprimands and cautions and the only time they do not show up is if they are 'protected'.
After reading the above comments about the grossly inappropriate joke at the SNU AGM and who laughed at it, I hope someone asks the important question about the tutor's DBS status  at the AGM today, or another governing body. not sure if that would be the Charities Commission.

Without knowing what was said, this subject is pure speculation.
Unless the "incident at the AGM" refers to one speaker, who during the meeting did share a joke with JW, when he suggested that if she approached him (sexually) she would be wasting her time, and this was actually funny.

Slatewriter

Admin, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:48 am

I think the AGM was being video-recorded so maybe it will be available to watch later.

Last edited by mac on Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:53 am

I didn't get to the meeting 'til midday and don't know if there had earlier been mention of the alleged unapproved voting for President etc. and/or whether the fundraising aspect had been raised.

Did others watch/listen to what happened prior to midday?

mac

Admin and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:56 am

mac wrote:I didn't get to the meeting 'til midday and don't know if there had earlier been mention of the alleged unapproved voting for President etc. and/or whether the fundraising aspect had been raised.

It was never mentioned at all

Slatewriter

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:58 am

Slatewriter wrote:
mac wrote:I didn't get to the meeting 'til midday and don't know if there had earlier been mention of the alleged unapproved voting for President etc. and/or whether the fundraising aspect had been raised.

thanks

mac

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:01 am

Slatewriter wrote:

It was alluded to by Marie Lisseman and she mentioned having aligned with the Charities Commission. She didn't give specifics but there was a reference within the Byelaw, amendments and resolutions. It was fleeting but she came to the stand for it. Although it didn't fully answer the many concerns imo.

notabigjump

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:07 am

Slatewriter wrote:
OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:I have just been reading on Facebook about an incident at the AGM, of someone making a joke about sexual harassment and the people who thought it was funny and joined in laughing,  there are many people commenting about it.  Does anyone know if this has been reported?
After reading the above comments about the grossly inappropriate joke at the SNU AGM and who laughed at it, I hope someone asks the important question about the tutor's DBS status  at the AGM today, or another governing body. not sure if that would be the Charities Commission.

Unless the "incident at the AGM" refers to one speaker, who during the meeting did share a joke with JW, when he suggested that if she approached him (sexually) she would be wasting her time, and this was actually funny.

Whilst a very serious subject not to be joked about, it was aimed at the President. it was not done offensively. The intent wasn't to undermine sexual harassment at all and it was a minor reference.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:07 am

Slatewriter wrote:

Perhaps JW will play safe and put in place the one meter rule at all times between every individual in the college. She’s good at rules.

Janhar

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum