SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+17
unseenfriends
MoMer
wattie
Janhar
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
21 posters

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 37 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Anniemillo1 Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:28 pm

You just couldn't write this stuff. I believe that JW thinks she isn't answerable to anyone. I am not a betting person but who thinks JW will sack JA and who thinks JW will not sack JA.

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 37 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by notabigjump Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:34 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:You just couldn't write this stuff.   I believe that JW thinks she  isn't answerable to anyone.   I am not a betting person but who thinks JW will sack JA and who thinks JW will not sack JA.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Julia resigns first and spares her any blushes.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:10 pm

notabigjump wrote:
Jbodoski wrote:Well the latest in the almoners situation.  As you know Libby was asked to resign immediately when she posted an email showing all email addresses, which is a gdpr problem. The new almoner has done the same this evening, I wonder if the president will demand her resignation? I personally have written to the ICO's office and made a formal complaint as it is a direct breach of the gdpr.

Yes it was the breaching of GDPR used against Libby to demand her resignation, when it was already decided to take the role from her.

So. What will Jackie Wright do now?

You couldn't make it up Embarassed
You don’t think Julia did it tongue in cheek? She is Libby’s friend after all, just saying, ….slap my hand for even thinking it. Seriously, I don’t think that really. I am just a bit errrr “not nice” Smile

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:18 pm

Well it seems like the NEC themselves are active at not using the BCC and they are still in their positions. This would imply that Libby's demand to resign was totally personal. This image is a message from someone who is currently a member of the NEC and has not resigned. the point is, its an unfortunate mistake. It shouldn't happen but the president appear to be demonstrating a disparity Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 37 Seanta10

Last edited by notabigjump on Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:22 pm

Yip favourites get privileges.

Anniemillo1

Lis, Janhar and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:34 pm

I am not friends on facebook with Libby but someone told me to look on her facebook page, It was hilarious. I also see MH once again trying to defend JW AGAIN only this time on Libby's page. I have no words for it. I would copy and paste but I can't but so pleased when Libby defended herself. Did MH speak out and defend Libby when the exact same thing happened to her.????????? Just beggars belief.

Anniemillo1

Admin, Janhar, Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:32 am

I have it from a good source that forgetting to BCC an email is a common mistake amongst the NEC and members. People are human and once pointed out, rarely do it again.

The above screenshot is just one of several available where GDPR was overlooked by and including Su Wood (Tutor Rep) and Jackie Wright the president herself. It is not intended to humiliate Sean, so his private email has been masked for confidentiality.

Whilst GDPR and confidentiality is serious matter, most of us understand that these mistakes happen and are understanding of human error.

The bigger issue is how can you treat one person so cruelly, for making the same mistake you yourself and your team have also made?

I would say that Libby has the evidence that she has been bullied and victimised by the president.

Last edited by notabigjump on Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation error)

notabigjump

Admin, Lis, Janhar, Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:39 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:I am not friends on facebook with Libby but someone told me to look on her facebook page,   It was hilarious.   I also see MH once again trying to defend JW AGAIN only this time on Libby's page.   I have no words for it.  I would copy and paste but I can't but so pleased when Libby defended herself.  Did MH speak out and defend Libby when the exact same thing happened to her.?????????  Just beggars belief.    
Thanks that visit to Libby's Facebook page was fun.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Janhar, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:53 pm

Amazing a day without posts but I am sure that there is more to come.

I believe my estimate about more tutors going may be fulfilled soon. I have also heard something about President Jackie Wrights Brothers, anyone know how many she has? I also realise that President Bruton brought ruination on himself in championing her onto the NEC. The oddest things turn up don't they. All with, if they are true, an ability to be proven easily or so I would expect.

Apologies to Sean, I am sure that most of us have been embarrassed in their use of IT at some point in time, I believe two others could just as easily been named, if the rumours of screen shots are true. Relying on people using BCC's without obtaining some simple back up IT system to help them, is fraught with risk. It appears that the It is not as sharp as it may be in the SNU. However, when relying on volunteers, often working at home on older technology, never helps.

Congratulations to everyone we have recently shot past 1,000 forum members and 41,431 views of this thread
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lis, Janhar, notabigjump and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:44 am

You are right about David Bruton, he got rid of anyone on ghe NEC he thought was a threat to his ambition to serve longer than Gordon Higginson. One by one he came up with a reason, just like JW does to get rid of his competitors. He did not see her as a threat and invited her into the fold and then she pounced, and here we are now.

Jbodoski

Admin, Lis and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:52 am

Jbodoski wrote:You are right about David Bruton, he got rid of anyone on ghe NEC he thought was a threat to his ambition to serve longer than Gordon Higginson. One by one he came up with a reason, just like JW does to get rid of his competitors. He did not see her as a threat and invited her into the fold and then she pounced, and here we are now.
I didn’t know that about David, I’m surprised. I knew that Jackie stepped in when he stepped down from the  presidency due to personal reasons, I saw his announcement of that.  I have been more out of things than I knew.

Janhar

Lis and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:58 am

Janhar wrote:
Jbodoski wrote:You are right about David Bruton, he got rid of anyone on ghe NEC he thought was a threat to his ambition to serve longer than Gordon Higginson. One by one he came up with a reason, just like JW does to get rid of his competitors. He did not see her as a threat and invited her into the fold and then she pounced, and here we are now.
I didn’t know that about David, I’m surprised. I knew that Jackie stepped in when he stepped down from the  presidency due to personal reasons, I saw his announcement of that.  I have been more out of things than I knew.

I was under the impression she stood against him in an election and he lost. After 12 years of presidency many were ready for change and she wielded the knife.

notabigjump

Admin, Lis and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:59 am

Janhar wrote:
I don't recall him stepping down, as I recall JW beat him in elections at agm, by quite a margin.

Jbodoski

Admin, Lis, notabigjump and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:21 am

Jbodoski wrote:
Janhar wrote:
I don't recall him stepping down, as I recall JW beat him in elections at agm, by quite a margin.
I’m confused. I thought he stood down and Jackie stepped in to continue his term. I didn’t realise he had stood again in 2022 I thought Jackie was unopposed that time. Apologies for my mistake.

Janhar

Admin, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:33 am

Admin wrote: I also realise that President Bruton brought ruination on himself in championing her onto the NEC.
Will you walk into my parlour said the spider to the fly.....  But then one fly proved too big to consume it appears.  Look what followed.  Wink

mac

Admin, Lis and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:39 am

The Spider and the Fly (1829)

"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly,
"'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I have many curious things to shew when you are there."
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

"I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the Spider to the Fly.
"There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin,
And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!"
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "for I've often heard it said,
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!"

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, "Dear friend what can I do,
To prove the warm affection I've always felt for you?
I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice;
I'm sure you're very welcome–will you please to take a slice?"
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "kind sir, that cannot be,
I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!"

"Sweet creature!" said the Spider, "you're witty and you're wise,
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I've a little looking-glass upon my parlour shelf,
If you'll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you're pleased to say,
And bidding you good morning now, I'll call another day."

The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again:
So he wove a subtle web, in a little corner sly,
And set his table ready, to dine upon the Fly.
Then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing,
"Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing;
Your robes are green and purple–there's a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead!"

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little Fly,
Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew,
Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue–
Thinking only of her crested head–poor foolish thing! At last,
Up jumped the cunning Spider, and fiercely held her fast.
He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den,
Within his little parlour–but she ne'er came out again!

And now dear little children, who may this story read,
To idle, silly flattering words, I pray you ne'er give heed:
Unto an evil counsellor, close heart and ear and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale, of the Spider and the Fly.

mac

Admin, Lis, Janhar and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:54 am

Well here comes a spider suction zapper with new batteries in Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 37 86720

Janhar

Admin and Lis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:16 pm

Admin wrote:Amazing a day without posts but I am sure that there is more to come.

I believe my estimate about more tutors going may be fulfilled soon. I have also heard something about President Jackie Wrights Brothers, anyone know how many she has? I also realise that President Bruton brought ruination on himself in championing her onto the NEC. The oddest things turn up don't they. All with, if they are true, an ability to be proven easily or so I would expect.

Apologies to Sean, I am sure that most of us have been embarrassed in their use of IT at some point in time, I believe two others could just as easily been named, if the rumours of screen shots are true. Relying on people using BCC's without obtaining some simple back up IT system to help them, is fraught with risk. It appears that the It is not as sharp as it may be in the SNU. However, when relying on volunteers, often working at home on older technology, never helps.

Congratulations to everyone we have recently shot past 1,000 forum members and 41,431 views of this thread

I waited in anticipation for the forced resignation of JA but at the moment it doesn't seem to be forthcoming. I believe that this is the calm before yet another storm. I think someone said that the alleged court case is on the 18th although I may be totally wrong and hopefully through time Minister Mathew Smith may reveal why he felt that he had to resign. Furthermore it would have had to be something pretty serious for him to do so. Not forgetting what started these posts the Tutor's dispute. I am so looking forward for them to have this settled and get justice. Surprisingly it is taking many twists and turns but along the way has revealed a lot more of what was actually happening with other members of the SNU.

Great that your views have increased. I am actually looking forward to browsing your other topics when this is all done and dusted.

Anniemillo1

Admin and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:50 pm

I could say so much about both of them, how alike they are in their devious ways, but maybe, you have all realised now, that the NEC has always been the same. The officers pick all other members, often with the lowest nominations because they have ensured it. Get rid of the one with over 240 nominations and replace them with their own puppets who only have the minimum. It has always happened. I have even seen presidential nominations swept under the carpet to keep current incumbents in place, and much much more.

Jbodoski

Admin, Lis, Janhar and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Light-Nature-Truth Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:58 pm

Jbodoski wrote:I could say so much about both of them, how alike they are in their devious ways, but maybe, you have all realised now, that the NEC has always been the same. The officers pick all other members, often with the lowest nominations because they have ensured it. Get rid of the one with over 240 nominations and replace them with their own puppets who only have the minimum. It has always happened. I have even seen presidential nominations swept under the carpet to keep current incumbents in place, and much much more.

All the rot has come to the surface now in a very public way.
The workings of the NEC are in full view.
How can the president ask for the resignation of one and not the other.
I suspect further persecution will proceed to the brave one that spoke out about this too.
I believe that the brave one is one of the 20 tutors that has a complaint in against the President/SNU so how does it work that those who complained are able to be punished/banished by the president...? Surely this power to persecute or make any decisions about those 20 should not be within the buyist remit of the president?

Light-Nature-Truth

Admin, Lis, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:37 pm

Light-Nature-Truth wrote:

All the rot has come to the surface now in a very public way.
The workings of the NEC are in full view.
How can the president ask for the resignation of one and not the other.
I suspect further persecution will proceed to the brave one that spoke out about this too.
I believe that the brave one is one of the 20 tutors that has a complaint in against the President/SNU so how does it work that those who complained are able to be punished/banished by the president...? Surely this power to persecute or make any decisions about those 20 should not be within the buyist remit of the president?
In the end it will be what the majority of SNU members accept because nothing can change without them supporting the change.
Meanwhile I continue to support those that don’t accept the things they cannot accept.
I have adapted a little thing for the 20/21 tutors to express my admiration for how they have handled themselves.

God grant me the serenity to know what to do and
accept that not all will agree,
Courage to stand and speak my truth,
and Wisdom to make myself free.

Janhar

Admin, Lis, Light-Nature-Truth, Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:21 pm

Sadly we hear of more heavy handed ways towards remaining tutors and another one recently withdrew because they were told, that if they didn't participate in 'open week' they would not be offered further weeks at the college. This was a long standing tutor who felt blackmailed by those in charge.

notabigjump

Admin, Lis, Janhar and Light-Nature-Truth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:30 pm

notabigjump wrote:Sadly we hear of more heavy handed ways towards remaining tutors and another one recently withdrew because they were told, that if they didn't participate in 'open week' they would not be offered further weeks at the college. This was a long standing tutor who felt blackmailed by those in charge.

if true, that is unbelievable, upsetting and entirely unfair, holding a tutor to ransom like that, no wonder they stepped back.
But this is typical of the behaviour we've come to expect from 'the management'

They don't deserve their positions of power.

Let's hope these court cases change things up a bit

Slatewriter

Admin, Lis, Janhar, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:15 pm

notabigjump wrote:Sadly we hear of more heavy handed ways towards remaining tutors and another one recently withdrew because they were told, that if they didn't participate in 'open week' they would not be offered further weeks at the college. This was a long standing tutor who felt blackmailed by those in charge.
That is appalling. Open week has never been a compulsory thing….surely not. I know PJ told some of last years open week NEW tutors that open week is a good way to get yourself noticed by course organisers….which seems reasonable enough but I never heard of there being any suggestion of them HAVING to do it. It was a tutor who hasn't worked there for a while who said this and she didn’t seem to have taken it as anything but good advice. I just don’t get it. Maybe the long standing ones are getting more pressure about doing Open Week.
I meant THIS year’s.

Last edited by Janhar on Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra line at end)

Janhar

Admin, Lis, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:45 am

Janhar wrote:
That is appalling. Open week has never been a compulsory thing….surely not. I know PJ told some of last years open week NEW tutors that open week is a good way to get yourself noticed by course organisers….which seems reasonable enough but I never heard of there being any suggestion of them HAVING to do it. It was a tutor who hasn't worked there for a while who said this and she didn’t seem to have taken it as anything but good advice. I just don’t get it. Maybe the long standing ones are getting more pressure about doing Open Week.
I meant THIS year’s.
with 20 of the most experienced tutors unavailable, they will be hard pressed to make a decent week.

Jbodoski

Lis, Janhar, Slatewriter, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum