SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+17
unseenfriends
MoMer
wattie
Janhar
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
21 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 36 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by notabigjump Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:12 pm

On the Barbanell Centre - it's on an industrial estate and hasn't the charm and appeal, most overseas students seek during their studies. The college is like stepping into Hogwarts or Downtown Abbey for a week. Plus many study and add a few days to explore the capital whilst here.

I wouldn't say the Barabanell Centre is 'close' to an international airport (it's a train ride away after a long flight for many)' and the accommodation is very limited.

I saw on social media Su Wood comment on how the decades of building spiritual energy are woven in to the fabric of the AFC building - we can't say that about the Barbanell Centre.

At least with the venues the 20 tutors are using, they are actually centres of spirituality.

the Barbanell Centre leaves me and many others cold.

notabigjump

Admin, OnlyVisitingEarth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 36 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Slatewriter Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:53 pm

OnlyVisitingEarth wrote: Is it me or are most of those protagonists from the North of England?  How about the college is run into the ground and has to be sold, the Barbarnell Centre then has money spent on it, and let's face it needs it!!  There's plenty of cheap hotels around the centre that many of us stayed in before the rooms at the centre were made available. There's an airport close by.

The president wants to train more mediums in a 'certain' way for 'her' churches, she has control of the SNU committees and it also sounds like she has her followers seeded in every important and strategic church especially up 'North'.  What better way to start her new vision and version of this new improved SNU and her warped version of Spiritualism that she is quite happy to tell us all about.  After all she is the victim, the martyr in all this nasty business, so it would be better to move everything back to the North where Spiritualism in this country started and save it from the infidels!! Amen!!

I'm sure there is a book being dreamed up in a dark mind somewhere, they're just having trouble trying to include Pioneer, Saviour and Goddess in the title and make it sound good.  After all the supreme leader will have the millions from the sale of the college to dip into and doesn't have to tout for members to keep it all going,  having to deal with all those horrible heathen members and their equally annoying questions and demands,  nope it will be by invitation only membership, and please include the deeds of your house and bank details with the return of the invitation.  Yes mad ideas, but after what I have seen  and been informed about in the last fews week, nothing would shock me anymore.  Oh and a little word of advice...what ever you do, do not under any circumstances drink the cool-aid!! Very Happy Very Happy

I may not have been a member of this forum for all that long, but I'm sure it's never been known for it's bitchy comments. A bit of wild speculation in fun is one thing, but criticizing someone because of where they come from geographically is also a bit much in my opinion. PS. What's cool aid?

Slatewriter

Admin, Janhar and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:05 pm

OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:It's all very lovely dovey isn't it. I'm sure there was a big group hug at the end! Forgive me for my sarcasm but I'm not buying all this gushing nonsense. there's still questions that haven't been answered like  when did she get the Almoner position?  I feel so sorry for Libby and if they can both do this to a hard working well respected Minister, throw her to the curb so to speak, in such a callous way then what else can they do,  oh I forgot we have been privy to their behaviour for some weeks now.
I read Libby's comments on a Facebook page about Julia and I have to say she is a better spiritualist and person than me!! I would be devastated that a 'friend' could do that to me. Libby herself said that she did not know who had replaced her, so it must have been Julia, unless the President changed her mind at the last minute and welcomed Julia with open arms. As I said Libby is a better person than me, to stand tall and come out of this betrayal a better person than the two besties. Libby I admire you and I wish you all the best for the future and I'm sure it will be fantastic, you are very lucky to have escaped that toxic mess.
 I see a few people are posting video's of how to spot a narcissist in the work place and as a boss, very illuminating!!   There is another video doing the rounds about Spiritual Abuse that is a must to watch if you haven't already watched it.

Not to disagree, but an alternative view: We don't know the full story re Libby and Julia and the role of Almoner.

Libby had been tipped off that the role of Almoner was to be taken off her before she made a human error. Julia and Libby are on very good terms. Libby has already expressed that there is no bad feeling towards Julia over this and is happy that her friend who she respects has taken on the role.

I wouldn't put it past a friend who was confidentially privy to the knowledge that the role of Almoner was being taken from Libby, to agree to take it on out of respect, rather than underhandedness. It's not a role that is entrenched in policy making and the politics of the NEC on a regular basis. It is a compassionate and pragmatic role, without political motivation.

Julia's resignation statement (or part of it) has been published on the SNU website. I admire her for her continued commitment to service during a time of great personal loss and the loyalty and love for her mother, that she decided to step down from the VP role. Naturally, there could be many other reasons that are private to her and our assumptions might be far off the mark.

All this regarding the Almoner's role, occurred around the meeting for the NEC that follows the AGM and ratifies the committees. If concerns me far more that the President JW, had already decided Libby would be stripped of the Almoner's role and pounced on an unfortunate mistake of Libby's to make something more out of the situation and wield more power under false pretences. This, in my mind, is the much bigger issue and show us a very sinister approach to matters.

My feeling is that we should not come between good friends, who know the full story and will square things themselves privately. My heart goes out to Libby for being victimised by JW this way.

The bigger issue is by far that JW, capitalised on a personal misfortune to demonstrate strong leadership, in the face of her own hypocrisy. That's actually quite sick minded!

Thank you for your alternative view. I hope you are correct about Libby and Julia because it would be terrible for Libby to have gone through what has happened to her since all this kicked off with the tutors striking,  and then find out a close friend was the one that took her position.  I do understand Julia's position in all this, but I'm not completely convinced.  What is the most important issue that you and others have stated is, how can one person run riot through the SNU as the present President is doing. To me it feels like all what is going on was not a flash in the pan, but thought out and planned for many a year.

Again my conspiracy mind is doing overtime!

Is it me or are most of those protagonists from the North of England?  How about the college is run into the ground and has to be sold, the Barbarnell Centre then has money spent on it, and let's face it needs it!!  There's plenty of cheap hotels around the centre that many of us stayed in before the rooms at the centre were made available. There's an airport close by.

The president wants to train more mediums in a 'certain' way for 'her' churches, she has control of the SNU committees and it also sounds like she has her followers seeded in every important and strategic church especially up 'North'.  What better way to start her new vision and version of this new improved SNU and her warped version of Spiritualism that she is quite happy to tell us all about.  After all she is the victim, the martyr in all this nasty business, so it would be better to move everything back to the North where Spiritualism in this country started and save it from the infidels!! Amen!!

I'm sure there is a book being dreamed up in a dark mind somewhere, they're just having trouble trying to include Pioneer, Saviour and Goddess in the title and make it sound good.  After all the supreme leader will have the millions from the sale of the college to dip into and doesn't have to tout for members to keep it all going,  having to deal with all those horrible heathen members and their equally annoying questions and demands,  nope it will be by invitation only membership, and please include the deeds of your house and bank details with the return of the invitation.  Yes mad ideas, but after what I have seen  and been informed about in the last fews week, nothing would shock me anymore.  Oh and a little word of advice...what ever you do, do not under any circumstances drink the cool-aid!! Very Happy Very Happy
Well, if that is the dream I cannot see her supporters sticking with her on that. Love of the College goes very deep with many. I don't think even JW would choose that lol.
Let's hope it doesn't happen unintentionally.

Janhar

Admin, notabigjump and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyVisitingEarth Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:34 pm

Slatewriter wrote:
OnlyVisitingEarth wrote: Is it me or are most of those protagonists from the North of England?  How about the college is run into the ground and has to be sold, the Barbarnell Centre then has money spent on it, and let's face it needs it!!  There's plenty of cheap hotels around the centre that many of us stayed in before the rooms at the centre were made available. There's an airport close by.

I'm sure there is a book being dreamed up in a dark mind somewhere, they're just having trouble trying to include Pioneer, Saviour and Goddess in the title and make it sound good.  After all the supreme leader will have the millions from the sale of the college to dip into and doesn't have to tout for members to keep it all going,  having to deal with all those horrible heathen members and their equally annoying questions and demands,  nope it will be by invitation only membership.  Yes mad ideas, but after what I have seen  and been informed about in the last fews week, nothing would shock me anymore.  Oh and a little word of advice...what ever you do, do not under any circumstances drink the cool-aid!! Very Happy Very Happy

I may not have been a member of this forum for all that long, but I'm sure it's never been known for it's bitchy comments. A bit of wild speculation in fun is one thing, but criticizing someone because of where they come from geographically is also a bit much in my opinion. PS. What's cool aid?

I'm sorry you took offence, I didn't mean it that way. I could have better explained it. There absolutely nothing wrong with being a Northerner....being basically there myself and coming from Northern parents and there are amazing mediums from that neck of the woods.  What I meant was that as most of those involved are from that neck of the woods they wouldn't have to keep traveling South and have the SNU base down South.....so take my apologies Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by OnlyVisitingEarth on Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

OnlyVisitingEarth

Janhar and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:45 pm

OnlyVisitingEarth wrote: I'm sorry you took offence, I didn't mean it that way. I could have better explained it. There absolutely nothing wrong with being a Northerner....being basically there myself and coming from Northern parents and there are amazing mediums from that neck of the woods.  What I meant was that as most of those involved are from that neck of the woods they wouldn't have to keep traveling South and have the SNU base down South.....so take my apologies Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sure, I get it, they could sell Stansted and move everything to Stafford and be in the money. Not sure it will come to that.
So what's the cool aid line about?

Last edited by Slatewriter on Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:15 pm

Sadly this is what happens when there is apathy amongst 90% of the membership. Many of them complain about the SNU, yet do nothing about it and vote with the herd or the way they are told to vote.
I have seen first hand the underhanded way the SNU is and has been run by various administrations. Members leaving meetings in tears, others removed from office for not toeing the party line, members accused of stealing to cover up for lost items. It is a shipwreck.

Jbodoski

Admin, Janhar, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth, OnlyVisitingEarth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Tue Oct 08, 2024 5:08 pm

Slatewriter wrote:

Sure, I get it, they could sell Stansted and move everything to Stafford and be in the money. Not sure it will come to that.
So what's the cool aid line about?

Stafford!!  That’s still down South to us in Yorkshire lol  Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 36 1f604

Janhar

Admin, Slatewriter and Light-Nature-Truth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:49 pm

mac wrote:This evening the East Midlands District Council is hosting for its members a Zoom session  featuring President Jackie Wright and titled "Where Do We Go From Here".
I shall be there.

How was the EMDC meeting Mac?

Slatewriter

Admin and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:26 pm

Slatewriter wrote:
mac wrote:This evening the East Midlands District Council is hosting for its members a Zoom session  featuring President Jackie Wright and titled "Where Do We Go From Here".
I shall be there.

How was the EMDC meeting Mac?
very collaborative and spiritual

mac

Admin, Janhar and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:30 am

The usual leak informs that Colin Lomax replaces Julia Almond as the VP of the SNU. This was JW preferred candidate and it was widely speculated that Julia's position would soon become untenable.

notabigjump

Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:37 am

Colin is a nice man, I've known him for over 20 years, but I don't think he is strong enough for that position, given who the president is.

Jbodoski

Lis, Janhar and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:26 pm

Hi, When JW was canvassing for President if you remember I suggested that Colin Lomax was being included in her ads. I did say to my friends when I heard JA's position was available I thought it had to be CL stepping up as that who JW wanted. My goodness the plot thickens.

Anniemillo1

Lis, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:11 pm

....... and it was widely speculated that Julia's position would soon become untenable.
It appears to me that throughout this thread there's been a lot more speculation, surmising and guessing than actual detail.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:21 pm

Yes I agree and most of the speculation seems to come to fruition.

Anniemillo1

Lis, notabigjump, Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:23 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:Yes I agree and most of the speculation seems to come to fruition.    
Just how much did would make an eventual, interesting audit....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:15 pm

mac wrote:
....... and it was widely speculated that Julia's position would soon become untenable.
It appears to me that throughout this thread there's been a lot more speculation, surmising and guessing than actual detail.

Call it a prediction if you like Cool However, the speculation was correct in the end - Julia resigned.

notabigjump

Lis, Light-Nature-Truth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:43 am

mac wrote:
Anniemillo1 wrote:Yes I agree and most of the speculation seems to come to fruition.    

Seems an interesting post Mac. I reckon we have been pretty much on line with what has been going on, and my prediction that it would end up with her in Total Control has proved to be right. I think the steps along the way would fit in with any forensic Auditors assessment. Just another touch of being devils advocate and presenting an alternate view to stimulate debate I suspect.

Now as Julia seems to be the subject let us look at both VP's, the one last year and this years one, forensically,

One common link is that neither elected VP was Jackie Wright's choice, whereas all of the other NEC members were her people, (or became that). So neither VP was in a position to affect future outcomes and knew this would make their term somewhat harder, indeed Julia had two years to watch all this unfold.

The VP selected by election in each years was not JW's choice and they both knew it. Now amongst the people at both AGMs' was a close Jackie Wright supporter known as, I believe, "The Minder". In the 2023 he asked a series of questions of the elected VP Finance which revealed a knowledge of NEC events which ended with that individual quitting during the AGM.

In the 2024 AGM i have reliable information (there are some transcripts elsewhere, of the whole AGM, which I am sure I can lay my hands upon) that "the minder" was equally aggressive to VP Julie Almond. Not a great way to start your second term, under attack from a JW supporter.

VP Julia then gets into the first NEC meeting and is told she is no longer Chairman of the Ministerial Council, she is then told her friend is to be removed as Almoner (before she made the mistake which led to her apparent removal) and she can do nothing about either step. What an intolerable position, little chat with JW and we have a nice soothing resignation , to look after her mother and deal with personal matters and is rewarded with a relatively anonymous, non political position as Almoner. Nice touch of farewell bonding and thanks.

Julia knew she cold not help her friend but after over 20 years service wanted to still do something herself, no harm in that and I would imagine they have talked about it

It is an obvious connection that In both cases the VP's bowed to the inevitable, that JW wanted her own VP's, regardless of the election result, and now she has them. Assumption, yes, but I reckon if we could access a paper trail it would fit exactly what i have suggested.

This finishes a very clever, even if ruthless, take over of the SNU, and all within it. Tip my hat to it, very few of the mediums and psychics in the SNU, except those close to the President, saw it coming.  

What happens now is going to be particularly interesting, is this enough? Can she rebuild bridges, or will she consolidate her power more, dealing harshly with opponents. I remember using a brilliant book by Alvin Toffler "FUTURE SHOCK"  and using it in part on my thesis about Industrial Psychology. There is much to learn from Toffler's approach to the future, which I always felt was important to managers in modern times. It is about looking what is happening now and creating alternate views of what is most likely to happen next on the basis of what has and is happening.

You may believe it is assumptions Mac but throughout this thread we have discovered things, that are all to real, which should allow us to create a reasonable approximation of what happens next.

I know that you attended a zoom East Midlands DC meeting on Zoom, did anyone ask the question about why education was taken out of the DC remit last year and transferred to a Jackie Wright led Education Committee ( a little known bye law change only discoverable in the fine details of one of the motions carried at this years AGM).

My first informed prediction is that this is not the end of the culling of awards and memberships amongst her opponents. In this area I also see some more Tutors leaving the AFC.

My second that the DC's will be relieved of any real functions, except to be an almost coffee club, to gather ideas from churches and pass them to the NEC (simply done, their powers, per the articles of association are granted or removed by Bye Law, to remove the actual DC's requires a motion at AGM, so let them be, but be powerless. All on the quiet.

It would not surprise me if the overview of churches was one thing removed from them, it has always been a bone of contention in those churches, with personality issues seeming to colour some recorded judgements. However, we may see a new group of auditors visiting churches and assessing them to the standards the NEC decides and reporting back to the NEC.

It is also an easy prediction that JW wants an extended period as leader, indeed very extended. So whatever is done in the next two years will be with the intention of achieving that. I am sure this will lead to changes to types of membership and voting rights: Starting from what can be done through Bye Laws

The easy part behind the next prediction is the end justifies the means, so she will look at whatever Bye Law changes, that can be made quietly, without informing members, and do not run counter to a broad interpretation of the Articles of Association

Another obvious  is that the publicity, social media and web site will drive home the vision of JW as Champion of the Churches and opposition will either not be seen or be actively suppressed

This Toffler stuff is not to hard to do, I also predict the progressive closure of small churches and pressure on church members to become SNU members.

If she carries the churches then her majority is safe.

On the other hand she could become a great leader and do none of these things but promote Spiritualism in such a way we get new people coming along.

Balance of probabilities based on what has happened make the first set of predictions far more likely than that last one

Both may make the SNU better, in some way. If the loss of income from the AFC can be offset the first will make it a tightly controlled organisation smaller but potentially wealthier through both increased membership revenue and property sales. It is also likely to be a church now reflecting one persons vision.

The second may draw new people to Spiritualism, which has largely disappeared from the public consciousness, and is likely to continue to do so.

Is there another way, yes if people roll with the punches and manage to get the numbers for two AGM's time. That is if, in that time, the president has not found a means to head off votes against her.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lis, Janhar, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:10 am

Admin wrote:

Is there another way, yes if people roll with the punches and manage to get the numbers for two AGM's time. That is if, in that time, the president has not found a means to head off votes against her.

Very often, manipulators truly believe they are acting for the good and genuinely believe their own hype.
I think Jackie absolutely believes that everything she is doing is in the best interests of the SNU and also the college so of course she comes across as very genuine, because she is indeed very genuine about her vision.
She also truly believes she is the best one to do it. In fact the ONLY one to do it, because it has to be exactly as she wants it.  
People who do not personally find themselves up against her will like and support her because they see her sincerity about what she is promoting.  They do not, and do not want, to see her as others describe her because they desperately need to believe her. How can a person so sincere in her wish to save the churches, their raison d’être, also be an unkind boss.Those who oppose their leader have to be wrong.
This is how things will remain unless something happens to prove her critics have a case. Even if that happens she will still keep her strongest supporters, those who admire her vision, but she will lose the support of people who see the need for a President with mediation abilities. This is why she will lose her grip in time.
This might come about with disclosure from the tutors when/if they decide it is time to do so, or it might be someone else who steps up with disclosure.

Last edited by Janhar on Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added word last line)

Janhar

Admin, Lis, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:44 am

Excellent analyses from Jim and Janhar on the forensic business modelling and the psychological aspects of keeping people unsuitable people in power.

I come back to something discussed a long time ago in this thread and that is the need to separate and restructure.

Considering the SNU is a multi million pound charity, it should have a management team with significant business acumen. The President being the representative of spiritualism and not the ultimate power.

Again, the business side of the college needs a committee including business management, teaching representation, college management and HR.

Combining the two with one person at the helm, with no multi million pound business experience is leading to disaster.

Put the two on a professional footing and the SNU is in safe hands with a president to respect and the entire organisation is an ideal position to flourish.

For too long it has hobbled along with volunteers. Many doing their best and some doing great work. But the levels of responsibilities require expertise and significant experience.

Last edited by notabigjump on Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

notabigjump

Admin, Lis, Janhar and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:47 am

Well I actually did say an eventual audit and this is a tad earlier than I'd been thinking.....

Some issues have undoubtedly turned out as predicted/expected but the eventual outcome of others we have still to wait and see. If legal processes are underway we'll find out when they're eventually completed.  I personally can wait....

The predictions for the changes ahead for the SNU's structure and operation may in reality be the "roots and branches re-structuring" I earlier suggested might be desirable.  But of course Union members may not consider there's anything wrong with the Union or the way it presents Spiritualism anyway?

In respect of the immediate future role of the EMDC what I heard for my group was somewhat different from what has been suggested.

mac

Janhar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:53 am

Admin wrote:
mac wrote:

Seems an interesting post Mac. I reckon we have been pretty much on line with what has been going on, and my prediction that it would end up with her in Total Control has proved to be right. I think the steps along the way would fit in with any forensic Auditors assessment. Just another touch of being devils advocate and presenting an alternate view to stimulate debate I suspect.

Now as Julia seems to be the subject let us look at both VP's, the one last year and this years one, forensically,

One common link is that neither elected VP was Jackie Wright's choice, whereas all of the other NEC members were her people, (or became that). So neither VP was in a position to affect future outcomes and knew this would make their term somewhat harder, indeed Julia had two years to watch all this unfold.

The VP selected by election in each years was not JW's choice and they both knew it. Now amongst the people at both AGMs' was a close Jackie Wright supporter known as, I believe, "The Minder". In the 2023 he asked a series of questions of the elected VP Finance which revealed a knowledge of NEC events which ended with that individual quitting during the AGM.

In the 2024 AGM i have reliable information (there are some transcripts elsewhere, of the whole AGM, which I am sure I can lay my hands upon) that "the minder" was equally aggressive to VP Julie Almond. Not a great way to start your second term, under attack from a JW supporter.

VP Julia then gets into the first NEC meeting and is told she is no longer Chairman of the Ministerial Council, she is then told her friend  is to be removed as Almoner (before she made the mistake which led to her apparent removal) and she can do nothing about either step. What an intolerable position, little chat with JW and we have a nice soothing resignation , to look after her mother and deal with personal matters and is rewarded with a relatively anonymous, non political position as Almoner. Nice touch of farewell bonding and thanks.

Julia knew she cold not help her friend but after over 20 years service wanted to still do something herself, no harm in that and I would imagine they have talked about it

It is an obvious connection that In both cases the VP's bowed to the inevitable, that JW wanted her own VP's, regardless of the election result, and now she has them. Assumption, yes, but I reckon if we could access a paper trail it would fit exactly what i have suggested.

This finishes a very clever, even if ruthless, take over of the SNU, and all within it. Tip my hat to it, very few of the mediums and psychics in the SNU, except those close to the President, saw it coming.  

What happens now is going to be particularly interesting, is this enough? Can she rebuild bridges, or will she consolidate her power more, dealing harshly with opponents. I remember using a brilliant book by Alvin Toffler "FUTURE SHOCK"  and using it in part on my thesis about Industrial Psychology. There is much to learn from Toffler's approach to the future, which I always felt was important to managers in modern times. It is about looking what is happening now and creating alternate views of what is most likely to happen next on the basis of what has and is happening.

You may believe it is assumptions Mac but throughout this thread we have discovered things, that are all to real, which should allow us to create a reasonable approximation of what happens next.

I know that you attended a zoom East Midlands DC meeting on Zoom, did anyone ask the question about why education was taken out of the DC remit last year and transferred to a Jackie Wright led Education Committee ( a little known bye law change only discoverable in the fine details of one of the motions carried at this years AGM).

My first informed prediction is that this is not the end of the culling of awards and memberships amongst her opponents. In this area I also see some more Tutors leaving the AFC.

My second that the DC's will be relieved of any real functions, except to be an almost coffee club, to gather ideas from churches and pass them to the NEC (simply done, their powers, per the articles of association are granted or removed by Bye Law, to remove the actual DC's requires a motion at AGM, so let them be, but be powerless. All on the quiet.

It would not surprise me if the overview of churches was one thing removed from them, it has always been a bone of contention in those churches, with personality issues seeming to colour some recorded judgements. However, we may see a new group of auditors visiting churches and assessing them to the standards the NEC decides and reporting back to the NEC.

It is also an easy prediction that JW wants an extended period as leader, indeed very extended. So whatever is done in the next two years will be with the intention of achieving that. I am sure this will lead to changes to types of membership and voting rights: Starting from what can be done through Bye Laws

The easy part behind the next prediction is the end justifies the means, so she will look at whatever Bye Law changes, that can be made quietly, without informing members, and do not run counter to a broad interpretation of the Articles of Association

Another obvious  is that the publicity, social media and web site will drive home the vision of JW as Champion of the Churches and opposition will either not be seen or be actively suppressed

This Toffler stuff is not to hard to do, I also predict the progressive closure of small churches and pressure on church members to become SNU members.

If she carries the churches then her majority is safe.

On the other hand she could become a great leader and do none of these things but promote Spiritualism in such a way we get new people coming along.

Balance of probabilities based on what has happened make the first set of predictions far more likely than that last one

Both may make the SNU better, in some way. If the loss of income from the AFC can be offset the first will make it a tightly controlled organisation smaller but potentially wealthier through both increased membership revenue and property sales. It is also likely to be a church now reflecting one persons vision.

The second may draw new people to Spiritualism, which has largely disappeared from the public consciousness, and is likely to continue to do so.

Janhar brilliant thinking thank you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lis, Janhar and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:13 am

notabigjump wrote:Excellent analyses from Jim and Janhar on the forensic business modelling and the psychological aspects of keeping people unsuitable people in power.

I come back to something discussed a long time ago in this thread and that is the need to separate and restructure.

Considering the SNU is a multi million pound charity, it should have a management team with significant business acumen. The President being the representative of spiritualism and not the ultimate power.

Again, the business side of the college needs a committee including business management, teaching representation, college management and HR.

Combining the two with one person at the helm, with no multi million pound business experience is leading to disaster.

Put the two on a professional footing and the SNU is in safe hands with a president to respect and the entire organisation is an ideal position to flourish.

For too long it has hobbled along with volunteers. Many doing their best and some doing great work. But the levels of responsibilities require expertise and significant experience.
Yes, I agree. I remember there were once two presidents(or was it vice presidents?). One was for Spiritual and one was  for something else. Dim in my memory. Can someone please step in and clarify my memory for me? Anyway, I like the idea of the President having nothing to do with management of anything whatsoever except matters relating to Spiritualism, mediumship standards and pastoral care, and I think even then there should not be be just one person having authority to expel without debate and a vote.

Janhar

Lis, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:39 am

Janhar wrote:
notabigjump wrote:Excellent analyses from Jim and Janhar on the forensic business modelling and the psychological aspects of keeping people unsuitable people in power.

Yes, I agree. I remember there were once two presidents(or was it vice presidents?). One was for Spiritual and one was  for something else. Dim in my memory. Can someone please step in and clarify my memory for me? Anyway, I like the idea of the President having nothing to do with management of anything whatsoever except matters relating to Spiritualism, mediumship standards and pastoral care, and I think even then there should not be be just one person having authority to expel without debate and a vote.

There were two VP's elected in alternate years. One VP (Spiritual) and one VP (Admin) Julia was VP (Spiritual)

notabigjump

Admin, Lis and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:32 pm

Well the latest in the almoners situation.  As you know Libby was asked to resign immediately when she posted an email showing all email addresses, which is a gdpr problem. The new almoner has done the same this evening, I wonder if the president will demand her resignation? I personally have written to the ICO's office and made a formal complaint as it is a direct breach of the gdpr.

Jbodoski

Janhar, Slatewriter and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:45 pm

Jbodoski wrote:Well the latest in the almoners situation.  As you know Libby was asked to resign immediately when she posted an email showing all email addresses, which is a gdpr problem. The new almoner has done the same this evening, I wonder if the president will demand her resignation? I personally have written to the ICO's office and made a formal complaint as it is a direct breach of the gdpr.

Yes it was the breaching of GDPR used against Libby to demand her resignation, when it was already decided to take the role from her.

So. What will Jackie Wright do now?

You couldn't make it up Embarassed

notabigjump

Lis, Janhar and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum