SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+17
unseenfriends
MoMer
wattie
Janhar
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
21 posters

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 35 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Jbodoski Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:44 pm

Janhar wrote:
Jbodoski wrote:
Janhar wrote:I like Jbodski’s suggestion, sounds like your man 👍🏻
I have left the SNU so can't be your man.
I know but you have advice to give is what I meant 👍🏻
Thank you January, no offence taken, I assure you.

Jbodoski

Admin and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 35 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Janhar Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:02 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:Well, that was my thoughts and I was waiting to see if anyone else was on the same track.   Certainly everyone has a right to comment but from all the posts on facebook etc, I was under the impression that she did not support the 20 tutors at all and the posts here was same as facebook posts.  I may be wrong but that was just my thoughts.
She could be feeling less sure now. I am pleased  she has approached us. She can read what we say and ask anything she wants. It is tricky not knowing if people are getting info for JW but JW could join herself as an observer anyway. I think the tutors should feel trusted and welcomed, but do what notashortjump did and encourage them to speak their thoughts.

Janhar

Admin and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:07 pm

Janhar wrote: notashortjump

? don't you mean 'not a big jump'?
which I guess is meant as a play on silver birch's original name Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 35 1f60a

Slatewriter

Admin, Lis, Janhar, notabigjump and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:12 pm

Slatewriter wrote:
Janhar wrote: notashortjump

? don't you mean 'not a big jump'?
which I guess is meant as a play on silver birch's original name Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 35 1f60a
It’s late, I need my bed Embarassed

Janhar

Admin, Lis and Slatewriter like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:34 am

Hi all,

Just a protocol reminder here would seem appropriate.

People choose to join the forum, many do so using a nom de plume.

Their reason/s for doing so may vary, but whatever is their motivation, this forum respects their right to remain "unidentified" other than by their user name.

As such, those on this thread who have recently chosen to question the identity of one or other member who has posted, would be wise to re-consider.

Would they wish to be "outed" and have their identity revealed?

If not, respect the right of others who, like you, have chosen to use a call name rather than their real one and cease  attempts to identify who those people may be.

Such speculation is neither helpful  or appropriate.

Whoever someone is, or is not, let them speak without fear of attack or exposure. Let them express their viewpoint, however contradictory it may appear to be to what others on the forum have expressed.

And let them feel welcome to give their thoughts, say why they see the situation differently, if they do.

Indeed, it may only be by "listening" to their thoughts or opinions that are different to ours, or even oppose and contradict our perceptions, that we might gain a greater understanding of the complexity of the problems that currently exist with regard to the SNU, the AFC, and the dispute between the tutors and the management.

Lis (Admin)

Last edited by Lis on Mon Oct 07, 2024 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Lis
Admin

Janhar, notabigjump, OnlyVisitingEarth, unseenfriends and aurora like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:58 am

Moira2499 wrote:How can we support when they have not informed us of their problem. I constantly say I have great respect for some of thos 20 some I don't know but how can you support blindly without fact ??

Hi Moira2499, and welcome to the forum.

It may, indeed, be difficult to support those who have acted in a certain way, when our understanding of their actions and their motivation in taking such action, is unknown or unclear to us.

It is also obvious that we cannot, and should not give our support to any action on the part of others, "blindly without fact."

Here, on the forum, however, there has been considerable discussion that has highlighted some, though obviously not all, of the concerns that the tutors have expressed and acted on.

Whether we agree with their decision, or their reasons for taking action, we should respect their right to hold those opinions or take such action.

It would all be so much easier were the tutors able to fully and openly explain what has caused them to take the drastic action they did, and why they are, at this very time, involved in a mediation process because of their concerns and complaints.

But they cannot speak openly and fully. They are restrained from disclosing their concerns and complaints.
Hence we can only speculate on what is known, based on the tutors own announcements, and what may be "unofficially" known by others who may be closer to the events that have occurred, or may have other knowledge about the situation.

Of course wild speculation and scenario building on insufficient information is dangerous and will only serve to cloud and confuse the issue.

The freedom to discuss and consider based on what is known or understood to be the situation is what this forum is here to be used for. It is a place where concerns can be raised, viewpoints can be expressed, and, when possible, factual information shared.

As an administrator of this forum, I therefore, encourage you to feel free (and safe) to express your thoughts and opinions, whether in support of or opposed to the actions of the tutors or the SNU.

The only proviso to that freedom, is that it is done so without personal attacks or denigration of other peoples' opinions or understanding of the situation.

If, whoever, you are, you have information to share, and are free from constraints to do so, please do so.

Lis (Admin)

Lis
Admin

notabigjump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:52 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:
 How embarrassing between the illegal electronic voting, hoping that members wouldn't notice, a high court writ issued, the VP being subjected to questioning by the President's son.    If you remember the same thing happened to the treasurer when JW first became P.   Strangely enough, the son (which I am now led to believe is nicknamed the Minder) knew exactly what questions to ask and then the Treasurer resigned.  

This was an eye opener. The VP Finance, elected properly in the 2023 election process, stood down at the AGM at which his election was to be announced because of comments made at the AGM. So as a result the President was able to exercise her discretionary powers to select a replacement VP early this year, without needing the replacement needing to be elected.

Of course now Julia Almond has now resigned (there seem to be some implications that she was also subject to comments from the President's son at this AGM, anyone have any record of this?). Again, the President can choose her own replacement for Ms. Almond, one who will not stand for election until 2026.

With the Almoner also gone it is quite clear that the President and her hand picked people as VP's and NEC have the right to change all of the committees and replace anyone they may choose.

On top of that the resignation of significant paid staff, and others who have left, will be replaced by that group who have already placed a new HR person and a publicity team in place. I assume they will also be involved in choosing the replacement for the web site (or already have).

Not sure I can recommend standing your ground to anyone. Maybe going underground is safer.

When we started this thread it was all about a fair go for the tutors. Instead we are seeing an entirely different set of events unfolding in front of our eyes and it appears not to be a pleasant one.

It could be that, by standing up at first in support of their complaint, which was upheld by the complaints committee but refused by the NEC who disbanded the complaints committee, and then refusing to sign that contract (which I have said several times was not a contract which stands up well to scrutiny, people should have sought advice about it before signing but that choice is a personal thing), has brought a timely spotlight on many other issues which needed overview and commentary.

I am sure you will not hear these things through the official SNU channels. Let us be honest, in their shoes I may want to keep it looking pristine. But then this is not a path I would have ever gone down.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Janhar, notabigjump, OnlyVisitingEarth and aurora like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:59 am

Moira2499 wrote:How can we support when they have not informed us of their problem. I constantly say I have great respect for some of those 20 some I don't know but how can you support blindly without fact ??

Welcome to the forum Moira2499. I hope that as you read the many pages of this topic you will get a fuller picture of some of the issues involved. As Lis has said those NDA's are a block on what they can tell us so we have to wait out the elongated arbitration mediation and then possibly legal process.

We would love to hear your thoughts, even if they are against anything posted here. The only way we can progress, sadly is in anonymity because people need to feel safe that what they say here will not rebound on them in what they are doing. However we seek to ensure that we keep it at an acceptable level of fair comment and public interest. So reasoned and informed comment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

OnlyVisitingEarth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:04 am

Hmm sometimes things catch my eye, as someone who inherited being GM of a company with the last injection of money and turned it round in 6 months I did it very much based on this model added to working cooperatively with teams involving all employees.

A Modern View of HR from a really good source. It involves kindness something you may have hoped to expect from a Spiritualist Body. Its on Linkd in today maybe pass it on the the SNU hierarchy

The Transformative Power of Kindness in the Workplace

Paulette Kolarz GAICD
Managing Director BespokeHR helping Business Owners, Boards and CEO’s attract, retain & grow high-potential team members

October 7, 2024
In today’s fast-paced work environment, we’re all feeling the pressure. Deadlines are tighter, workloads are heavier, and the juggling act seems never-ending. But amidst all the hustle, there’s one powerful, yet simple tool that can change how we experience our workday—kindness.

The Unseen Power of Kindness

Kindness might not always come to mind when we think of workplace productivity, but it should. It’s not just about being nice—it’s about fostering a culture where small, thoughtful actions make a big impact. Offering help, showing appreciation, or taking the time to listen with empathy can lift up the people around us. These simple gestures create a ripple effect of positivity, where every act of kindness strengthens relationships and builds a more supportive team dynamic.

When we’re kind, we make each other feel valued and heard. In turn, we create a sense of belonging and trust within our teams. This is the unseen power of kindness—it’s not just about making others feel good; it’s about creating an environment where collaboration thrives.

Shifting from Problems to Solutions

In a high-pressure workplace, it’s easy to get caught up in what’s not working. We focus on missed deadlines, roadblocks, and challenges. But here’s the thing: the more we focus on problems, the bigger they seem. What if, instead of getting stuck in this cycle, we shifted our perspective?

When we choose to focus on the positives, we start to see opportunities rather than obstacles. We begin to find solutions where there once were none. This change in mindset doesn’t just help us as individuals—it uplifts the energy of the entire team. By seeking out the positives in a situation, we create a more optimistic, forward-thinking culture where challenges are met with innovation rather than frustration.

Releasing Pressure with Simple Acts

The modern workplace often feels like a ‘pressure cooker’ environment. Deadlines, client demands, and personal pressures all simmer beneath the surface, waiting to boil over. Stress becomes palpable, and tensions run high.

But here’s where kindness comes in. A small, genuine act of kindness—whether it’s offering help on a project, giving positive feedback, or even just making someone a coffee—can release that built-up tension. It helps defuse the stress for everyone involved. It’s a reminder that no one is alone in the daily grind, and that support is always available.

Creating a Positive Workplace Dynamic

How we treat each other has a profound effect on workplace culture. Whether you’re in a leadership position or working alongside others, the energy you bring into each interaction matters. A positive, supportive, and understanding approach can shift the dynamics of an entire team.

When we take the time to connect with our colleagues, to offer encouragement and empathy, we’re not just improving one relationship—we’re transforming the workplace itself. We create a space where people feel safe to communicate openly, where collaboration becomes more seamless, and where morale improves. This isn’t just theoretical; countless studies have shown that positive workplace cultures lead to higher productivity, better employee retention, and overall team satisfaction.

Kindness: A Practical Tool for Success

Kindness isn’t just a feel-good idea—it’s a practical tool for success. When teams feel supported and appreciated, they’re more motivated to do their best work. When challenges arise, they’re more likely to work together to find solutions, rather than falling into blame or frustration. It creates a cycle where kindness leads to stronger relationships, which in turn lead to better teamwork and outcomes.

Changing Perspectives, Changing Outcomes

One of the most powerful things we can do for ourselves, and our teams is to change the lens through which we view the world. It’s easy to focus on what’s going wrong—after all, problems often demand our attention. But when we actively seek out the good, when we choose to appreciate the positives, we shift our own energy and the energy of those around us.

This shift in perspective can be transformative. Suddenly, instead of seeing only the problems, we start finding solutions. We see opportunities to improve, to collaborate, and to grow. This not only reduces stress but also creates a more energised and optimistic environment.

Let’s Lift Each Other Up

As we navigate the daily pressures of work, let’s remember that how we treat each other matters. A simple act of kindness, a shift in perspective, or even just a few words of encouragement can have a profound impact. It can reduce stress, build stronger relationships, and transform the way we experience our work.

Whether you’re leading a team or working alongside your colleagues, take a moment each day to bring kindness into your interactions. Look for the good, seek out the positives, and change your perspective. You’ll be amazed at the impact it will have on your team—and even on yourself.

Kindness is Contagious

At the end of the day, kindness is contagious. When one person starts to shift their lens, to lift others up, it spreads throughout the team. And soon, the entire workplace is transformed into a more supportive, positive, and productive environment.

So, let’s take that step today. Let’s be kinder, more understanding, and more empathetic to each other. Shift your lens, lift your team, and watch the workplace and your own experience, transform for the better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

obiwan, notabigjump and aurora like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:37 am

Jbodoski wrote:
aurora wrote:Question to all: What can be done to remove JW from office?
They would have to be found guilty of a criminal offence, or a motion for a vote of no confidence at an EGM, I can't remember the number of members required to request an EGM, it might be 20 but don't quote me.

Thanks Jbodoski,  the first way , well we have been told there are legal issues pending but they are probably civil rather than criminal. I suppose it depends upon the Articles, Constitution and Bye Laws may say. The same Articles, Constitution and Bye Laws govern calling a Special Genera Meeting and the votes and the reasons that are needed to remove a President. Given the 4 year term nearly got through, I am not sure there would be the support to get this motion up at the moment.

Things do change, overconfidence can create missteps or arrogance. Provided people do not leave en- masse (either voluntarily or, hopefully not, compulsorily).

In the future the 60+% who did not vote in the  Presidential elections may be woken up to act. It would need a better candidate to oppose her though, and that could be hard to find. In the mean time the best way may be to lie low but ensure that we get to know when a wrong turn is taken (or indeed, hopefully, when something positive happens) to ensure what is heard about the SNU is not only from their new and highly effective PR team on social media or via the web site.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Janhar, OnlyVisitingEarth and aurora like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:24 am

Another day, another shock for me. (or is it). More of another disappointment in how morally corrupt people can be. I am led to believe that Julia Almond is now the new Almoner and if this is the case then I withdraw my sympathy for her resigning from the position of VP. The fate of Libby was already agreed at the meeting thus allowing Julia to step sidewards into the Almoner position. Convenient? Was Julia complicit in this? Then the President pushing Libby to resign knowing already that her fate was sealed and Julia was taking over that role. So much for the SNU being a spiritual organisation where on earth has the integrity gone and what an example the NEC are showing fellow members how to be spiritual.

I would like to think that out of respect for the fellow members who have had to resign because of their own moral compass or have been pushed out, the list should be reviewed and Julia's name deleted.

Anniemillo1

Admin, Janhar, Slatewriter, OnlyVisitingEarth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:00 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:Another day, another shock for me. (or is it).  More of another disappointment in how morally corrupt people can be.   I am led to believe that Julia Almond is now the new Almoner and if this is the case then I withdraw my sympathy for her resigning from the position of VP.   The fate of Libby was already agreed at the meeting thus allowing Julia to step sidewards into the Almoner position.  Convenient?  Was Julia complicit in this?  Then the President pushing Libby to resign knowing already that her fate was sealed and Julia was taking over that role.     So much for the SNU being a spiritual organisation where on earth has the integrity gone and what an example the NEC are showing fellow members how to be spiritual.      

I would like to think that out of respect for the fellow members who have had to resign because of their own moral compass or have been pushed out, the list should be reviewed and Julia's name deleted.  
No way to know if Julia stepped down because of things said at AGM and then JW found her another niche OR  if it was a planned manoeuvre. However, she was not removed so should not be on that  list I agree.

Janhar

OnlyVisitingEarth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:04 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:Another day, another shock for me. (or is it).  More of another disappointment in how morally corrupt people can be.   I am led to believe that Julia Almond is now the new Almoner and if this is the case then I withdraw my sympathy for her resigning from the position of VP.   The fate of Libby was already agreed at the meeting thus allowing Julia to step sidewards into the Almoner position.  Convenient?  Was Julia complicit in this?  Then the President pushing Libby to resign knowing already that her fate was sealed and Julia was taking over that role.     So much for the SNU being a spiritual organisation where on earth has the integrity gone and what an example the NEC are showing fellow members how to be spiritual.      

I can add resigned and then reinstated as Almoner when we get confirmation. However, Almoner is not an NEC role so she still resigned which is relevant, plus VP was an elected position so a big role - the Almoner may have been an afterthought to keep her sweet) Sadly at the expense of Libby who made the kind of mistake we all can easily and apologised immediately.

notabigjump

Admin, Janhar, OnlyVisitingEarth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:20 am

Well, my feelings are that it was all agreed at a meeting so which way do we go, resigned after being offered another post that was already filled, or resigned and then offered another post that was already filled. No matter which way you look at it, the post was already occupied and therefore they were all complicit in the fate of Libby.

The kind of mistake Libby made has been done by many previously and I am sure that everyone on the list already knew the others email addresses. However, unfortunately it gave the President an opportunity to push her to resign because the decision had already been made prior to the mistake and I believe Libby was one of the 20.

Anniemillo1

Admin, Lis, Janhar, notabigjump, OnlyVisitingEarth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyVisitingEarth Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:36 am

WOW it just get worse. I have to say I am shocked, but not shocked at the same time. Julia Almond steps down from her Vice President role, then we hear from Libby Clark with her own words, that before she was sacked she had been replaced by a person unknown. Ummm call me a conspiracy nut but the timing of all this is a little stinky.
Now it might all be above board and Julia is totally innocent of any morally bad manoeuvring's. But if this turns out to a case of premeditated ousting of a much loved and respected tutor and healer (Libby) then Julia Almond has a lot to answer for, regarding the reasons why she resigned her post.
We all saw and read the outpouring of messages of love sent to her, as we thought or were led to believe that she resigned because of intolerable work conditions, and if it proves to be correct that she is now the new SNU Almoner and was given the role before Libby's expulsion then it gives credence to what is being said all over social media, the SNU has lost it's moral compass.
So now lets see who has been picked for the Vice President, if lets say we now think the resignation of the last Vice President was premeditated. My money is on either the Presidents son or another minister from her close team of enforcers.

OnlyVisitingEarth

Admin, Anniemillo1 and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:44 am

OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:

WOW it just get worse. I have to say I am shocked, but not shocked at the same time.  Julia Almond steps down from her Vice President role, then we hear from Libby Clark with her own words, that before she was sacked she had been replaced by a person unknown. Ummm call me a conspiracy nut but the timing of all this is a little stinky.
Now it might all be above board and Julia is totally innocent of any morally bad manoeuvring's.  But if this turns out to a case of premeditated ousting of a much loved and respected tutor and healer (Libby) then Julia Almond has a lot to answer for, regarding the reasons why she resigned her post.
We all saw and read the outpouring of messages of love sent to her, as we thought or were led to believe that she resigned because of intolerable work conditions,  and if it proves to be correct that she is now the new SNU Almoner and was given the role before Libby's expulsion then it gives credence to what is being said all over social media, the SNU has lost it's moral compass.  
So now lets see who has been picked for the Vice President,  if lets say we now think the resignation of the last Vice President was premeditated. My money is on either the Presidents son or another minister from her close team of enforcers.

I'm just wary until we know the full story of how it all unfolded. Both parties (Libby and Julia) are good people and were friendly, so it concerns me that we don't know what was said and when to Julia.

I agree it looks bad, but reluctant to jump to conclusions until we know more. For all we know, Julia may have been misled in some way, as much as Libby was. Hmm. I'll see what unfolds on this one.

notabigjump

Admin, Lis, Janhar, OnlyVisitingEarth, unseenfriends and aurora like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:32 pm

The SNU have officially announced Julia Almond's resignation
https://www.snu.org.uk/news/minister-julia-almond-resignation

Julia is quoted as saying:
"I am today stepping down from my position on NEC. I have enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best both as individuals and as part of the NEC team.
Looking back I am happy and proud of what I have achieved as Vice President, introducing a new training scheme for the Ministry, reviewing and refreshing the  Ministerial education courses, introducing the Spring Congress for the Ministry etc. as well as developing and implementing the new approach to safeguarding across the Union.
At this moment I do need to spend some time supporting mum who needs a bit of extra help. I will of course continue to support the work of the NEC and the Union."

And SNU President Jackie Wright is quoted as saying:
"I am sorry to see Julia stepping down from the position of Vice President. She has served members diligently and her work to progress our safeguarding policy has been of great benefit to our Union. I want to extend my personal thanks to Julia for all she has done. I hope Julia will return to serving the Union’s committees when the time is right for her, in the meantime we are delighted Julia has agreed to take on the role of Almoner"

Slatewriter

Admin and Lis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:42 pm

Slatewriter wrote:The SNU have officially announced Julia Almond's resignation
https://www.snu.org.uk/news/minister-julia-almond-resignation

Julia is quoted as saying:
"I am today stepping down from my position on NEC. I have enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best both as individuals and as part of the NEC team.
Looking back I am happy and proud of what I have achieved as Vice President, introducing a new training scheme for the Ministry, reviewing and refreshing the  Ministerial education courses, introducing the Spring Congress for the Ministry etc. as well as developing and implementing the new approach to safeguarding across the Union.
At this moment I do need to spend some time supporting mum who needs a bit of extra help. I will of course continue to support the work of the NEC and the Union."

And SNU President Jackie Wright is quoted as saying:
"I am sorry to see Julia stepping down from the position of Vice President. She has served members diligently and her work to progress our safeguarding policy has been of great benefit to our Union. I want to extend my personal thanks to Julia for all she has done. I hope Julia will return to serving the Union’s committees when the time is right for her, in the meantime we are delighted Julia has agreed to take on the role of Almoner"
JW forgot to add “therefore Libby’s services are no longer required”.

Janhar

Admin, Slatewriter and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyVisitingEarth Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:50 pm

It's all very lovely dovey isn't it. I'm sure there was a big group hug at the end! Forgive me for my sarcasm but I'm not buying all this gushing nonsense. there's still questions that haven't been answered like when did she get the Almoner position? I feel so sorry for Libby and if they can both do this to a hard working well respected Minister, throw her to the curb so to speak, in such a callous way then what else can they do, oh I forgot we have been privy to their behaviour for some weeks now.
I read Libby's comments on a Facebook page about Julia and I have to say she is a better spiritualist and person than me!! I would be devastated that a 'friend' could do that to me. Libby herself said that she did not know who had replaced her, so it must have been Julia, unless the President changed her mind at the last minute and welcomed Julia with open arms. As I said Libby is a better person than me, to stand tall and come out of this betrayal a better person than the two besties. Libby I admire you and I wish you all the best for the future and I'm sure it will be fantastic, you are very lucky to have escaped that toxic mess.
I see a few people are posting video's of how to spot a narcissist in the work place and as a boss, very illuminating!! There is another video doing the rounds about Spiritual Abuse that is a must to watch if you haven't already watched it.

OnlyVisitingEarth

Admin, Lis, Janhar, notabigjump and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:56 am

unseenfriends wrote:
notabigjump wrote:Here is a roll call of the growing list of people and roles who have resigned or had to withdraw their services, since Jackie Wright became President. The list is growing and amongst some, are employment tribunals which are either ongoing or have been won in the complainants favour. I have removed surnames :

20 AFC Tutors plus Minister Matthew (withdrawn services)

Resigned or pushed:

Christine
Alv
Ann
Danny
Pat
Jane
Anne-Marie
Adam
Richard
Rachel (SNU)
Julia  (Vice President)
Alessandro (AFC )
Dean (AFC)
Tanya AFC (AFC)
Kelly (AFC )
Will (AFC)
Minister Libby
Keith

To be continued….more are coming soon….

Is the list missing Lisa from Head Office?

This is way beyond what would be acceptable in the business world. If any company had a CEO who caused this level of personnel change they would be being called to account by their Chairman. The problems in the way the founders structured the SNU and the ability of past Presidents to accumulate more power leading up to this moment when a very determined player grabs total control. There is no one to hold JW accountable for this level of carnage. It is odd to think that it still would, in all probability, create enough outrage among the SNU voters to guarantee a no confidence vote, even if a Special General Meeting could be called. I suspect we must wait and see what comes next because I am sure that the President has a personal plan mapped out for the next two years. We may know some because people leave and we become aware of that, some of the other things, like Bye Law changes can be done without notifying members (what an error in the constitution, not to have a clause saying proposed changes should be notified to members before they are enacted) and need only be made public as they become effective (e.g The standing Orders for General Meetings enacted in May notified to members at the time of the AGM)
Admin
Admin
Admin

notabigjump, OnlyVisitingEarth and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:02 am

This evening the East Midlands District Council is hosting for its members a Zoom session featuring President Jackie Wright and titled "Where Do We Go From Here".

I shall be there.

mac

Admin, Janhar, notabigjump and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:50 am

is Kyle Pedley still Head of SNU Communications?

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:10 am

Slatewriter wrote:is Kyle Pedley still Head of SNU Communications?

I haven't heard anything on the grapevine, but apparently the NEC were discussing social media and how to 'handle' it. Or should I say, how to silence the critics? Laughing

Perhaps the online meeting Mac mentioned, will enlighten us.

notabigjump

Admin and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:49 am

OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:It's all very lovely dovey isn't it. I'm sure there was a big group hug at the end! Forgive me for my sarcasm but I'm not buying all this gushing nonsense. there's still questions that haven't been answered like  when did she get the Almoner position?  I feel so sorry for Libby and if they can both do this to a hard working well respected Minister, throw her to the curb so to speak, in such a callous way then what else can they do,  oh I forgot we have been privy to their behaviour for some weeks now.
I read Libby's comments on a Facebook page about Julia and I have to say she is a better spiritualist and person than me!! I would be devastated that a 'friend' could do that to me. Libby herself said that she did not know who had replaced her, so it must have been Julia, unless the President changed her mind at the last minute and welcomed Julia with open arms. As I said Libby is a better person than me, to stand tall and come out of this betrayal a better person than the two besties. Libby I admire you and I wish you all the best for the future and I'm sure it will be fantastic, you are very lucky to have escaped that toxic mess.
 I see a few people are posting video's of how to spot a narcissist in the work place and as a boss, very illuminating!!   There is another video doing the rounds about Spiritual Abuse that is a must to watch if you haven't already watched it.

Not to disagree, but an alternative view: We don't know the full story re Libby and Julia and the role of Almoner.

Libby had been tipped off that the role of Almoner was to be taken off her before she made a human error. Julia and Libby are on very good terms. Libby has already expressed that there is no bad feeling towards Julia over this and is happy that her friend who she respects has taken on the role.

I wouldn't put it past a friend who was confidentially privy to the knowledge that the role of Almoner was being taken from Libby, to agree to take it on out of respect, rather than underhandedness. It's not a role that is entrenched in policy making and the politics of the NEC on a regular basis. It is a compassionate and pragmatic role, without political motivation.

Julia's resignation statement (or part of it) has been published on the SNU website. I admire her for her continued commitment to service during a time of great personal loss and the loyalty and love for her mother, that she decided to step down from the VP role. Naturally, there could be many other reasons that are private to her and our assumptions might be far off the mark.

All this regarding the Almoner's role, occurred around the meeting for the NEC that follows the AGM and ratifies the committees. If concerns me far more that the President JW, had already decided Libby would be stripped of the Almoner's role and pounced on an unfortunate mistake of Libby's to make something more out of the situation and wield more power under false pretences. This, in my mind, is the much bigger issue and shows us a very sinister side to JW.

My feeling is that we should not come between good friends, who know the full story and will square things themselves privately. My heart goes out to Libby for being victimised by JW this way.

The bigger issue is by far that JW, capitalised on a personal misfortune to attempt to demonstrate strong leadership, in the face of her own hypocrisy. That's actually quite sick minded!

Last edited by notabigjump on Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

notabigjump

Admin, Lis, Janhar, OnlyVisitingEarth, Jbodoski and unseenfriends like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyVisitingEarth Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:57 am

notabigjump wrote:
OnlyVisitingEarth wrote:It's all very lovely dovey isn't it. I'm sure there was a big group hug at the end! Forgive me for my sarcasm but I'm not buying all this gushing nonsense. there's still questions that haven't been answered like  when did she get the Almoner position?  I feel so sorry for Libby and if they can both do this to a hard working well respected Minister, throw her to the curb so to speak, in such a callous way then what else can they do,  oh I forgot we have been privy to their behaviour for some weeks now.
 I see a few people are posting video's of how to spot a narcissist in the work place and as a boss, very illuminating!!   There is another video doing the rounds about Spiritual Abuse that is a must to watch if you haven't already watched it.

Not to disagree, but an alternative view: We don't know the full story re Libby and Julia and the role of Almoner.

Libby had been tipped off that the role of Almoner was to be taken off her before she made a human error. Julia and Libby are on very good terms. Libby has already expressed that there is no bad feeling towards Julia over this and is happy that her friend who she respects has taken on the role.

I wouldn't put it past a friend who was confidentially privy to the knowledge that the role of Almoner was being taken from Libby, to agree to take it on out of respect, rather than underhandedness. It's not a role that is entrenched in policy making and the politics of the NEC on a regular basis. It is a compassionate and pragmatic role, without political motivation.

Julia's resignation statement (or part of it) has been published on the SNU website. I admire her for her continued commitment to service during a time of great personal loss and the loyalty and love for her mother, that she decided to step down from the VP role. Naturally, there could be many other reasons that are private to her and our assumptions might be far off the mark.

All this regarding the Almoner's role, occurred around the meeting for the NEC that follows the AGM and ratifies the committees. If concerns me far more that the President JW, had already decided Libby would be stripped of the Almoner's role and pounced on an unfortunate mistake of Libby's to make something more out of the situation and wield more power under false pretences. This, in my mind, is the much bigger issue and show us a very sinister approach to matters.

My feeling is that we should not come between good friends, who know the full story and will square things themselves privately. My heart goes out to Libby for being victimised by JW this way.

The bigger issue is by far that JW, capitalised on a personal misfortune to demonstrate strong leadership, in the face of her own hypocrisy. That's actually quite sick minded!

Thank you for your alternative view. I hope you are correct about Libby and Julia because it would be terrible for Libby to have gone through what has happened to her since all this kicked off with the tutors striking,  and then find out a close friend was the one that took her position.  I do understand Julia's position in all this, but I'm not completely convinced.  What is the most important issue that you and others have stated is, how can one person run riot through the SNU as the present President is doing. To me it feels like all what is going on was not a flash in the pan, but thought out and planned for many a year.

Again my conspiracy mind is doing overtime!

Is it me or are most of those protagonists from the North of England?  How about the college is run into the ground and has to be sold, the Barbarnell Centre then has money spent on it, and let's face it needs it!!  There's plenty of cheap hotels around the centre that many of us stayed in before the rooms at the centre were made available. There's an airport close by.

The president wants to train more mediums in a 'certain' way for 'her' churches, she has control of the SNU committees and it also sounds like she has her followers seeded in every important and strategic church especially up 'North'.  What better way to start her new vision and version of this new improved SNU and her warped version of Spiritualism that she is quite happy to tell us all about.  After all she is the victim, the martyr in all this nasty business, so it would be better to move everything back to the North where Spiritualism in this country started and save it from the infidels!! Amen!!

I'm sure there is a book being dreamed up in a dark mind somewhere, they're just having trouble trying to include Pioneer, Saviour and Goddess in the title and make it sound good.  After all the supreme leader will have the millions from the sale of the college to dip into and doesn't have to tout for members to keep it all going,  having to deal with all those horrible heathen members and their equally annoying questions and demands,  nope it will be by invitation only membership, and please include the deeds of your house and bank details with the return of the invitation.  Yes mad ideas, but after what I have seen  and been informed about in the last fews week, nothing would shock me anymore.  .. Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by OnlyVisitingEarth on Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

OnlyVisitingEarth

Admin and Lis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum