SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+14
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
Admin
18 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 20 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Admin Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:15 am

That is an awful lot that is going on here about qualifications. I really like the idea of qualifying with a Government Accredited Certificate, Diploma or Degree. Defining the theoretical and practical aspects would be important. A lot of mediums go wrong because they never have the basics properly explained by a teacher who is great at both aspects. The next stage is an ongoing training assessment program.

Interesting that the Ministerial aspect was mentioned, in itself this is interesting because OSNU's and MSNU's may be able to perform, for example marriages in the UK but not in other countries. I Know someone here who is doing the OSNU in Australia and suddenly realised she had to study to become a marriage Registrar in Australia to be able to work here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lis and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 20 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Janhar Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:34 am

Admin wrote:That is an awful lot that is going on here about qualifications. I really like the idea of qualifying with a Government Accredited Certificate, Diploma or Degree. Defining the theoretical and practical aspects would be important. A lot of mediums go wrong because they never have the basics properly explained by a teacher who is great at both aspects. The next stage is an ongoing training assessment program.

Interesting that the Ministerial aspect was mentioned, in itself this is interesting because OSNU's and MSNU's may be able to perform, for example marriages in the UK but not in other countries. I Know someone here who is doing the OSNU in Australia and suddenly realised she had to study to become a marriage Registrar in Australia to be able to work here.
You don’t mean Government accredited mediumship diploma or degree I presume? That would require government education departments to embrace life after death as a fact. I think we might be at least a few hundred years away from that. A degree in the study of Spiritual practices, purely theory, I think might already be out there albeit under different titles. Theology degrees include it for sure. A teacher of mediumship needs to be a medium. The theory and the practice needs to be taught by a medium. Some of the mechanics of mediumship could be explained to a non medium but only someone who has that mediumship mechanism awakening within them can relate properly to what is being explained. Many mediums work without ever understanding the mechanics of it nor feel the need to understand the mechanics of it, but they could never teach it. That is what the AFC does. It teaches mediums how to understand the mechanics of their own mediumship, to explore how it is operating within themself so that they can differentiate between their own mind and a communication from another, leading to a far better standard of mediumship.. Personally, I would run a mile from a government accredited diploma of mediumship if it existed in the foreseeable future. It would be unlikely to be taught by mediums and it would encourage people to think they know all about things they have no idea about. Dangerous in fact.

Janhar

Lis and mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:11 am

Janhar wrote:
Admin wrote:That is an awful lot that is going on here about qualifications. I really like the idea of qualifying with a Government Accredited Certificate, Diploma or Degree. Defining the theoretical and practical aspects would be important. A lot of mediums go wrong because they never have the basics properly explained by a teacher who is great at both aspects. The next stage is an ongoing training assessment program.

You don’t mean Government accredited mediumship diploma or degree I presume? That would require  government education departments  to embrace life after death as a fact. I think we might be at least a few hundred years away from that. A degree in the study of Spiritual practices, purely theory, I think might already be out there albeit under different titles. Theology degrees include it for sure. A teacher of mediumship needs to be a medium. The theory and the practice needs to be taught by a medium. Some of the mechanics of mediumship could be explained to a non medium but only someone who has that mediumship mechanism awakening within them can relate properly to what is being explained. Many mediums work without ever understanding the mechanics of it nor feel the need to understand the mechanics of it, but they could never teach it. That is what the AFC does. It teaches mediums how to understand the mechanics of their own mediumship, to explore how it is operating within themself so that they can differentiate between their own mind and a communication from another, leading to a far better standard of mediumship..  Personally, I would run a mile from a government accredited diploma of mediumship if it existed in the foreseeable future. It would be unlikely to be taught by mediums and it would encourage people to think they know all about things they have no idea about. Dangerous in fact.
great points!

mac

Lis and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:17 am

[quote="Janhar"]
You don’t mean Government accredited mediumship diploma or degree I presume? That would require  government education departments  to embrace life after death as a fact. [end]

This misses the point of government educational accreditation. It is not about the government believing in the subject. It is about a course of educational study being correctly designed and delivered, with a rational curriculum, learning outcomes, policies etc. It has nothing to do with with embracing life after death as a fact. This is what professional governments accredited training providers look for.

I know because I am an accredited training provider myself.

notabigjump

OnlyVisitingEarth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:29 am

returning to the subject of the tutor dispute:

I again express my deep concern regarding the ongoing dispute involving the tutors at the Arthur Findlay College. Despite being forced to sign gagging orders and thus unable to fully share their side of the dispute, these dedicated educators have maintained their integrity by keeping silent about the full reasons behind this dispute.

On the other hand, their employer, the Spiritualists' National Union (SNU), has made an official public statement on the matter, clearly disregarding the gagging order, which the tutors have respected. This is profoundly unfair as it leaves our valued tutors unable to give their full account as to what led to the dispute and voiceless in defending themselves publicly.

Adding insult to injury, it appears that SNU leadership has shown no humility, support or care towards these professionals publicly. Rather than working rapidly towards a resolution and welcoming them back, they have already filled course slots for up to a year and a half with other tutors. To add insult to injury, the additional weeks of works awarded to themselves, is excessive and unnecessary.

The arranged mediation, whilst extensive is taking a significant amount of time and only began in earnest after the recent presidential elections. This delayed matters considerably and prevented the voters from knowing the truth before they made a decision to vote.

The President has at no time expressed their sorrow and determination to help the tutors return to their courses and the college. Surely a good leader must show care and compassion for all parties? They simply demonstrate an aloofness and that they will show them how they are easily replaceable, with no regard for their experience, let alone the impact on their personal and professional lives.

This situation not only undermines trust but also disrespects those who have contributed significantly to our spiritualist community’s growth and learning for many years.

Even worse, is that the process to resolve the matter is taking so long. Others are incorrectly believing that the tutors have given up and have no intention to return to work. This is untrue and unjust.

Imagine training for so long at significant personal expense, working for years to build a reputation and support the college and when a conflict arises, the leaders are more concerned with replacing you, than assisting your return. This is a classic example of how to be a very bad employer.

notabigjump

Lis, Janhar and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:41 am

notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:
You don’t mean Government accredited mediumship diploma or degree I presume? That would require  government education departments  to embrace life after death as a fact. [end]

This misses the point of government educational accreditation. It is not about the government believing in the subject. It is about a course of educational study being correctly designed and delivered, with a rational curriculum, learning outcomes, policies etc. It has nothing to do with with embracing life after death as a fact. This is what professional governments accredited training providers look for.

Might a "rational curriculum and "learning outcomes" be a problem? Could non-understanders (I don't say 'non-believers' - I don't consider my understanding of survival as belief.) assess whether a particular curriculum for study of survival/related-spiritual issues is "rational"?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:48 am

mac wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:

Might a "rational curriculum and "learning outcomes" be a problem?  Could non-understanders (I don't say 'non-believers' - I don't consider my understanding of survival as belief.) assess whether a particular curriculum for study of survival/related-spiritual issues is "rational"?

Not really Mac. It's about the design of the curriculum. I could write a course on 'the ideal diet for unicorns' and as long as the journey of learning made sense and executed correctly, plus learning outcomes, refund and dispute policies, were all in order, it could be accredited. It has to be assumed the learner has free choice to believe and learn about what they wish. The course itself is accredited for its learning merit.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:52 am

notabigjump wrote:returning to the subject of the tutor dispute:

I again express my deep concern regarding the ongoing dispute involving the tutors at the Arthur Findlay College. Despite being forced to sign gagging orders and thus unable to fully share their side of the dispute, these dedicated educators have maintained their integrity by keeping silent about the full reasons behind this dispute.

On the other hand, their employer, the Spiritualists' National Union (SNU), has made an official public statement on the matter, clearly disregarding the gagging order, which the tutors have respected. This is profoundly unfair as it leaves our valued tutors unable to give their full account as to what led to the dispute and voiceless in defending themselves publicly.
Aren't these typical bullying techniques associated with non-disclosure agreements? In such one-sided situations such onerous agreements deserve to be broken to test their legal status/validity.

Adding insult to injury, it appears that SNU leadership has shown no humility, support or care towards these professionals publicly. Rather than working rapidly towards a resolution and welcoming them back, they have already filled course slots for up to a year and a half with other tutors. To add insult to injury, the additional weeks of works awarded to themselves, is excessive and unnecessary.

The arranged mediation, whilst extensive is taking a significant amount of time and only began in earnest after the recent presidential elections. This delayed matters considerably and prevented the voters from knowing the truth before they made a decision to vote.
care? support? humility? yeah, right!!

The President has at no time expressed their sorrow and determination to help the tutors return to their courses and the college. Surely a good leader must show care and compassion for all parties? They simply demonstrate an aloofness and that they will show them how they are easily replaceable, with no regard for their experience, let alone the impact on their personal and professional lives.
modern business practice?

This situation not only undermines trust but also disrespects those who have contributed significantly to our spiritualist community’s growth and learning for many years.

Even worse, is that the process to resolve the matter is taking so long. Others are incorrectly believing that the tutors have given up and have no intention to return to work. This is untrue and unjust.
Then the tutors should make themselves heard....

Imagine training for so long at significant personal expense, working for years to build a reputation and support the college and when a conflict arises, the leaders are more concerned with replacing you, than assisting your return. This is a classic example of how to be a very bad employer.
Or a modern one.....

mac

Lis, notabigjump and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:06 am

notabigjump wrote:

Not really Mac. It's about the design of the curriculum. I could write a course on 'the ideal diet for unicorns' and as long as the journey of learning made sense and executed correctly, plus learning outcomes, refund and dispute policies, were all in order, it could be accredited. It has to be assumed the learner has free choice to believe and learn about what they wish. The course itself is accredited for its learning merit.
fair comment

Are there then any, ahem, such unusual curriculums actually out there right now and accredited for their learning merit? Could such a "journey of learning" about unproveable subjects actually be considered to make sense and be being executed correctly when the whole premise would widely be regarded as fantasy?

Plainly WE know there's more to the above hypothetical situation in the principles we Spiritualists understand and live our lives by but I have misgivings their study and accreditation would be accepted in the way we'd like.

mac

Janhar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:26 am

notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:

Would be pretty useless though as a credential as a medium or a teacher of mediumship. Those SNU members had better hang on to those awards I say. 😊

Janhar

Lis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:32 am

mac wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:

Might a "rational curriculum and "learning outcomes" be a problem?  Could non-understanders (I don't say 'non-believers' - I don't consider my understanding of survival as belief.) assess whether a particular curriculum for study of survival/related-spiritual issues is "rational"?
Yes it would, as a subject of interest. It would not help anyone to show their ability to teach mediumship though.

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:36 am

Janhar wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:

Would be pretty useless though as a credential as a medium or a teacher of mediumship. Those SNU members had better hang on to those awards I say. 😊

I disagree. It can show that a prescribed course of learning has been thoroughly examined and approved for its learning structure.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:40 am

notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:

I disagree. It can show that a prescribed course of learning has been thoroughly examined and approved for its learning structure.
But it wouldn't certify that your ability as a medium had been examined.

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:09 pm

Janhar wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:
notabigjump wrote:
Janhar wrote:

But it wouldn't certify that your ability as a medium had been examined.

No it wouldn't but it would show the training of the medium was done correctly. Ability is always subjective - especially in mediumship.

notabigjump

Admin, Lis and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:33 pm

I have only briefly read these posts so can I ask what would be the difference from an SNU Award and an Accredited Award. To me the only difference is that the SNU Award no matter how much studying and money you spend if you leave the SNU or perhaps banished then it is all up in smoke because they say you cannot use your SNU awards. The Payche Accredited awards for mediumship, inspirational speaking etc, are taught and assessed by qualified tutors in these fields. So I think I am missing the point somehow.

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:13 pm

Confirmed. Lisa Dawson (Head of Governance for the SNU) and the SNU General Manager Rachael Loukes have resigned. The SNU were trying to keep it under wraps before the AGM, but it seems as if the NEC are losing the will with the president now.

If we tally the number of people who have left, are leaving or in exile - there will soon be no SNU or AFC.

It is time for this president to resign herself. This is disastrous for Spiritualism!

Last edited by Lis on Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To highlight importance of the information. Admin)

notabigjump

Lis, Janhar, Slatewriter and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:35 pm

notabigjump wrote:Leaked and confirmed from an NEC source. Lisa Dawson (Head of Governance for the SNU) and the SNU General Manager Rachael Loukes have resigned. The SNU were trying to keep it under wraps before the AGM, but it seems as if the NEC are losing the will with the president now.

If we tally the number of people who have left, are leaving or in exile - there will soon be no SNU or AFC.

It is time for this president to resign herself. This is disastrous for Spiritualism!
Not surprised about governance officer as she gave a fb friend of mine her SNU email address saying to remind people that any thoughts people had could be sent to her and she would pass them on. Her employers would not have liked that and she likely as not knew that from the beginning.

Janhar

Lis and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:43 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:I have only briefly read these posts so can I ask what would be the difference from an SNU Award and an Accredited Award.   To me the only difference is that the SNU Award no matter how much studying and money you spend if you leave the SNU or perhaps banished then it is all up in smoke because they say you cannot use your SNU awards.    The Payche Accredited awards for mediumship, inspirational speaking etc, are taught and assessed by qualified tutors in these fields.   So I think I am missing the point somehow.
Are they though? .... taught by tutors in the field? That was not the impression I had from others and of course makes a world of difference if correct.
Re the SNU awards. You would still have your paper certificate to show you were awarded it. Everyone understands the SNU position of only recognising it if you stay in the SNU but everyone else would know you had earned it.... unless you had it removed for bad behaviour of course.
Though we might be talking about two different things. Previous comments were about a possible government accreditation (did I make that word up?)..

Last edited by Janhar on Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:47 pm

notabigjump wrote:Leaked and confirmed from an NEC source. Lisa Dawson (Head of Governance for the SNU) and the SNU General Manager Rachael Loukes have resigned. The SNU were trying to keep it under wraps before the AGM, but it seems as if the NEC are losing the will with the president now.

The President and maybe others resigning would be the right thing but.......

Maybe it wouldn't be disastrous if that were to happen? Time to make a fresh start.

Interesting to learn about the resignations. Who would truly want to be associated with what's going on?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:50 pm

mac wrote:

Maybe it wouldn't be disastrous if that were to happen?  Time to make a fresh start.  

Interesting to learn about the resignations.  Who would truly want to be associated with what's going on?

Exactly Mac. It needs a complete reset. None of the old crowd. A new leadership.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:55 pm

Janhar wrote:
Re the SNU awards. You would still have your paper certificate to show you were awarded it. Everyone understands the SNU position of only recognising it if you stay in the SNU but everyone else would know you had earned it.... unless you had it removed for bad behaviour of course.
Those were points I made earlier.....

Would it really make any difference other than if a current certification/accreditation were demanded in a specific role?

Would one stop being competent at a previously recognised level JUST because an organisation said an award/certificate was being removed?

That's a high-handed, intimidatory approach to once-valued members, a ruse to keep 'em in line with an unenforceable, valueless diktat.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:56 pm

notabigjump wrote:
mac wrote:

Maybe it wouldn't be disastrous if that were to happen?  Time to make a fresh start.  

Interesting to learn about the resignations.  Who would truly want to be associated with what's going on?

Exactly Mac. It needs a complete reset. None of the old crowd. A new leadership.
But how could that be brought about, one wonders????

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:04 pm

A 'vote of no confidence' put to the AGM followed by an online vote of all members? Wink Wink

edit: Wink icons forgotten originally and now have been added - I wasn't being totally serious!! although maybe........

Last edited by mac on Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

mac

Lis, notabigjump, Anniemillo1 and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:32 pm

Janhar wrote:

Those were points I made earlier.....

Mac wrote:

Would it really make any difference other than if a current certification/accreditation were demanded in a specific role?

Would one stop being competent at a previously recognised level JUST because an organisation said an award/certificate was being removed?

That's a high-handed, intimidatory approach to once-valued members, a ruse to keep 'em in line with an unenforceable, valueless diktat.

0 - 0 - 0 - 0

I agree Janhar and Mac, I keep saying to everyone, you can still say that you have achieved the SNU awards but not allowed to use them.

With reference to the tutors on the Psyche Accredited course, I have a BA in teaching and a CSNU from SNU in teaching (which I can't use now)  so yes Psyche does have the correct tutors on board.

Last edited by Lis on Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification of who said what)

Anniemillo1

Lis, Janhar and notabigjump like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:51 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:Janhar wrote:

The following were actually mac's responses (muddled up when quoted above)   Wink  :

"Those were points I made earlier.....  

That's a high-handed, intimidatory approach to once-valued members, a ruse to keep 'em in line with an unenforceable, valueless diktat."

Last edited by mac on Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting and verb tense!)

mac

Lis and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum