SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+14
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
Admin
18 posters

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Admin Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:16 am

I give this to Jackie Wright she ensures she looks tight and on point ther is teh benefit of having professional PR behind you. It grooms yo to look good.

Sadly there is only one comment which suggest another side

@benjig8869
3 weeks ago
It’s so disheartening to see how spiritualism has become,
I remember when the late Gordon Higginson and Eric Hatton were presidents,
True pioneers for the movement,
Sad that cannot be said with Jackie Wrighr,
She is single handedly destroying spiritualism, it’s become a dictatorship since she has taken power, it’s so sad that she has such a need for egotistical control,
Anyone who stands up to her or questions her motives is simply removed, membership revoked,
I have stopped going to the College because it’s a shadow of what it once was,
Very saddening to see what she’s done, very interesting that even in the spiritualist movement there is similarities to that which is going on in our world with these dictatorial leader

No wonder he is anonymous, its in line with much I have been hearing of the two sides
Admin
Admin
Admin

OnlyVisitingEarth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Admin Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:46 am

Hmm did I mention the tight scripting, in looking you will notice that all the courses the 20 tutors are running have been re allocated.
There is very close interplay between Jackie Wright and Paul Jacobs. It is interesting that David Bruton had exiled him from the AFC and he was brought back immediately by Jackie Wright. They must be best friends.
https://www.facebook.com/mediumtutorministerjackiewright
https://www.snu.org.uk/News/presidents-blog-june-24
https://www.facebook.com/AFCstansted
https://www.facebook.com/paul.jacobs.1257

It lovely that Paul uses a Jackie post about A Complaints System Fit for the Purpose. with his congratulating her. I doubt the 20 tutors agree.

The hand of the same PR people seem to be guiding all of these, maybe less Paul's but he is so pivotal in all of this its hard to ignore that.

Oh well silence on the tutors, their courses re allocated it is impossible to see them back at the AFC if Jackie Wright is returned as President
Admin
Admin
Admin

notabigjump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:07 am

Admin wrote:Hmm did I mention the tight scripting, in looking you will notice that all the courses the 20 tutors are running have been re allocated.
There is very close interplay between Jackie Wright and Paul Jacobs. It is interesting that David Bruton had exiled him from the AFC and he was brought back immediately by Jackie Wright. They must be best friends.
https://www.facebook.com/mediumtutorministerjackiewright
https://www.snu.org.uk/News/presidents-blog-june-24
https://www.facebook.com/AFCstansted
https://www.facebook.com/paul.jacobs.1257

It lovely that Paul uses a Jackie post about A Complaints System Fit for the Purpose. with his congratulating her. I doubt the 20 tutors agree.

The hand of the same PR people seem to be guiding all of these, maybe less Paul's but he is so pivotal in all of this its hard to ignore that.

Oh well silence on the tutors, their courses re allocated it is impossible to see them back at the AFC if Jackie Wright is returned as President

It is a travesty. All the years of dedication, training, experience let alone the income they brought in to the college, trampled upon and disrespected.

On another note, I have never witnessed an election for a charity, being so desperately played out on the PR front, by the current President and her minions. Are they using SNU property to use these professional photos? I do hope not. It is a very one-sided PR job!

Whilst anyone is free to voice their support, the blatant promotional nature from Paul Jacobs - (the course coordinator for the college) during a tutor dispute is reckless and inappropriate which demonstrates a clear bias and lack of support for all tutors.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 3 14e5dd10

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:10 am

I don't know why I am surprised at the ad regarding the Complaints system must be fit for purpose.    Strangely enough that was what we were promised prior to the previous election.   Did it happen????  In fact after the election, members of the Complaints Committee extensively investigated a complaint about bullying in a District Council, they found that this was true and recommended that they stand down, and as far as I am led to believe presented their case to the NEC and the NEC overturned the Complaints Committee's decision.  Why have a Complaints Committee if their decisions are not upheld the NEC.  So I wonder whether because of their dissatisfaction did members resign or were pushed out of the Complaints Committee.  I thought the whole idea of a Complaints Committee was to be impartial and not rode over roughshod by the NEC  if after they have fully investigated and came to a conclusion surely that should be upheld.   It worries me that if this was overturned by the NEC who can we vote for in the NEC to be President.

Last edited by Anniemillo1 on Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong work. put withheld instead of upheld)

Anniemillo1

Admin, notabigjump and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:27 am

Can I ask if anyone has heard if there has been an admittance or denial of an alleged writ being issued to Minister Jackie Wright? Time is approaching for the election and there must be some members that are concerned as to what is going on.

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:43 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:I don't know why I am surprised at the ad regarding the Complaints system must be fit for purpose.    Strangely enough that was what we were promised prior to the previous election.   Did it happen????  In fact after the election, members of the Complaints Committee extensively investigated a complaint about bullying in a District Council, they found that this was true and recommended that they stand down, and as far as I am led to believe presented their case to the NEC and the NEC overturned the Complaints Committee's decision.  Why have a Complaints Committee if their decisions are not upheld the NEC.  So I wonder whether because of their dissatisfaction did members resign or were pushed out of the Complaints Committee.  I thought the whole idea of a Complaints Committee was to be impartial and not rode over roughshod by the NEC  if after they have fully investigated and came to a conclusion surely that should be upheld.   It worries me that if this was overturned by the NEC who can we vote for in the NEC to be President.

It is a really disturbing and unprofessional picture emerging from these people and the top tier of the organisation. No wonder the Tutors felt they had no option, but to go public with their concerns.

notabigjump

Anniemillo1 and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:47 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:Can I ask if anyone has heard if there has been an admittance or denial of an alleged writ being issued to Minister Jackie Wright?   Time is approaching for the election and there must be some members that are concerned as to what is going on.    

I personally wouldn't be privy but given the outrageous behaviour and promotion we are seeing on social media, I anticipate a stalling of such news before the election result. Just my two pennorth.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:12 am

It's interesting new members are coming to Spiritualism Link apparently just to complain about what's happening in the SNU.

mac

Slatewriter and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:25 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:Can I ask if anyone has heard if there has been an admittance or denial of an alleged writ being issued to Minister Jackie Wright?   Time is approaching for the election and there must be some members that are concerned as to what is going on.    

I wonder if the action is against the entire NEC, given what you have written, I doubt if the individual membersvunderstand the legal ramifications of this. I entirely agree with you points about the value if a complaints policy if the committee are ignored. It seems to me that the current President is throwing all the weight of the SNU's new PR section to win before people realise what is happening.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Admin and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:05 pm

mac wrote:It's interesting new members are coming to Spiritualism Link apparently just to complain about what's happening in the SNU.

Quite possibly because of their social media policy, which bans members who show any dissent against the current president. I can see if I log in to the main page, that many are reading this thread. Hopefully, they will explore the other threads too. I know I have gained much from reading some of them already.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:13 pm

mac wrote:It's interesting new members are coming to Spiritualism Link apparently just to complain about what's happening in the SNU.
j

An organisation has to be unhealthy when people need an anonymous place to raise their complaints. I am sure this one is even harder where neither candidate seems to have a reputation for dealing with opposition or criticism appropriately.

I understand there are some proposals to increase the Presidential term. I might suggest that, unless the elections cannot be postponed until the High Court Issue is clarified, the next term should be reduced to one year.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

notabigjump, Anniemillo1 and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:16 pm

Admin wrote:
j

An organisation has to be unhealthy when people need an anonymous place to raise their complaints. I am sure this one is even harder where mother candidate seems to have a reputation for dealing with opposition or criticism appropriately.

I understand there are some proposals to increase the Presidential term. I might suggest that, unless the elections cannot be postponed until the High Court Issue is clarified, the next term should be reduced to one year.

1 year would be completely sensible. It would give time to sort out any legal disputes and clarify the position of their experienced tutors in limbo.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:37 pm

Oh my word, I hope not. I don't believe anything would be resolved as we wouldn't be in this situation if there had been a possibility of reaching an agreement with the tutors to resolve this matter. Why on earth would members allow an election to take place if there is an alleged court action pending. Is it legal? Would it be classed as bringing the SNU into disrepute, I don't know. If the President had to step down temporarily are the other members of the NEC prepared and willing to come to some sort of compromise with the Tutors?

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:11 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:Oh my word, I hope not.  I don't believe anything would be resolved as we wouldn't be in this situation if there had been a possibility of reaching an agreement with the tutors to resolve this matter.   Why on earth would members allow an election to take place if there is an alleged court action pending.   Is it legal?   Would it be classed as bringing the SNU into disrepute, I don't know.   If the President had to step down temporarily are the other members of the NEC prepared and willing to come to some sort of compromise with the Tutors?

I completely agree - but in the scenario that this election goes through somehow (and I doubt its legitimate considering the PR campaign and what the charities commission can only make of that) then the maximum term of 1 year is preferable to 2.

I wonder how anything otherwise can be considered as bringing the organisation into disrepute, except the whole organisation itself!

Under the current office of presidency, the entire SNU is the disrepute. The NEC needs a backbone and to disassociate from her forthwith! If nothing but to spare their own reputations and save national Spiritualism.

notabigjump

Admin, Anniemillo1, Light-Nature-Truth and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 3 Empty Puppet Show

Post by snuboyo Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:44 pm

I saw a post from the puppet master saying to be kind with words etc echoed by fellow Holiday Club Member. It would be nice if he had thought about that many years ago while slaughtering students with his words .Between them  have caused more people on their spiritual journey to break down and leave the College than anyone else. This is Karma Basically Puppet Show continues with two egos the size of Mars refusing to admit they are rubbish at their jobs. They hire people to censor opinions of members and make a mockery of the AFC by introducing untrained tutors who the puppet master can control. Maybe if there is a High Court Writ they will step down but doubtful dictators always hang on. In all my years as a snu member I have never seen the union like this and that says a lot. Karma at Work, #getwrightout #pityparty #charitycommision #theyhateanimals

Last edited by snuboyo on Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

snuboyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:52 pm

Hi,
From a post I seen earlier it was at the back of my mind why PJ appeared after a few years and was given such a prominent position. Was he in that position prior to the Tutors temporary withdrawing their services as I see he is the co-ordinator now. I wondered why he had disappeared from the scene for a while and then we have another tutor who was exiled, whether it was mutual or not, now teaching again in the AFC. Maybe someday, someone, when they have nothing to lose, will open that cupboard door and reveal any skeletons in order for us to regain respect. I often wonder if all the complaints dealt with, and the complainants gagged, are in writing somewhere in the archives of the SNU. I like reading the Pioneer so I wonder how much of this is recorded and how much will go down in our history.

Anniemillo1

Lis, notabigjump, Light-Nature-Truth, OnlyVisitingEarth and Jbodoski like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:36 pm

Nothing about Spiritualism, everything about SNU politics.....  hmmmm.....  Question

mac

mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:39 pm

This evening I received another reminder to vote - I need to look what the wannabes have to say, I suppose.....

I wonder what Modern Spiritualism is for them or anyone else for that matter.

mac

notabigjump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:21 am

mac wrote:This evening I received another reminder to vote  - I need to look what the wannabes have to say, I suppose.....  

I wonder what Modern Spiritualism is for them or anyone else for that matter.

Hi Mac sadly you and I are in agreement that Spiritualism has probably run its race. What is happening her is more likely to speed that up it is all politics and a Game of Thrones.The whole ideals of Spiritualism do not seem to be in the minds of these players and I know in the past both the District Councils and presidents seem to delight into bringing the fear of God into the Churches and members. Power madness.
Admin
Admin
Admin

notabigjump, Anniemillo1 and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:16 am

I'm not a psychic, not a medium, not a Tarot reader, sensitive or seer but I confidently predict that when our newest members have expressed their current grumbles we won't hear anything from any one of them again until the next round of grumbling about the SNU.

They've not said anything on this website about Modern Spiritualism. Sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:30 am

I have to say that I didn't know this site existed until a friend sent me the link last week although I have posted my concerns about the ongoing Tutors situation and the alleged writ, a friend and I was discussing this site yesterday and the interesting things that are on it and we are both looking forward to investigating it. I do apologise that my focus is on the aforesaid concerns at the moment but I am looking forward to reading the other posts.

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:35 am

mac wrote:I'm not a psychic, not a medium, not a Tarot reader, sensitive or seer but I confidently predict that when our newest members have expressed their current grumbles we won't hear anything from any one of them again until the next round of grumbling about the SNU.

They've not said anything on this website about Modern Spiritualism.  Sad

It's fair point Mac. Although this thread is specific to certain issues, I am hopeful the forum members will grow with it, because Spiritualism is being lost by the SNU at the moment and there is so much valuable discussion, from over the years.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:57 am

notabigjump wrote:
mac wrote:I'm not a psychic, not a medium, not a Tarot reader, sensitive or seer but I confidently predict that when our newest members have expressed their current grumbles we won't hear anything from any one of them again until the next round of grumbling about the SNU.

They've not said anything on this website about Modern Spiritualism.  Sad

It's fair point Mac. Although this thread is specific to certain issues, I am hopeful the forum members will grow with it, because Spiritualism is being lost by the SNU at the moment and there is so much valuable discussion, from over the years.

Forgive my adopting curmudgeon mode when writing here but having been a member for some years and very modestly a Modern Spiritualist for (only) 4 decades I gotta retort that what's been written in this unusual thread ain't spiritual anywhere.

Now I ain't trying to defend the named individuals but what we're not hearing are facts. It's a very-acrimonious situation and I would like to understand what's going on.

As for website member numbers increasing well that's already happened this past couple of weeks. But registrations mean nothing - what matters is how many are involved and their contributions to discussions about Spiritualism. Jim's 'mission statement' is after all "A Forum for Spiritualists and those interested in learning more about the Religion, Philosophy, Science and Truth of the Spiritualist Movement." Where's the bit about the SNU and bashing its officers?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:59 am

What WOULD be helpful would be to hear from the tutors, anonymously using a nom de plume as most of us do. They can't write anonymously on Facebook but they could let us regular contributors know the deal......

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:02 am

Anniemillo1 wrote:I have to say that I didn't know this site existed until a friend sent me the link last week although I have posted my concerns about the ongoing Tutors situation and the alleged writ, a friend and I was discussing this site yesterday and the interesting things that are on it and we are both looking forward to investigating it.   I do apologise that my focus is on the aforesaid concerns at the moment but I am looking forward to reading the other posts.  

Welcome to Spiritualism Link!

But what a great shame it's likely that many potential members are out there but don't know this forum-based website exists.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum