SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site has a lot of familier faces onit

4 posters

Go down

This site has a lot of familier faces onit Empty This site has a lot of familier faces onit

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:37 pm

http://www.bestpsychicnetwork.info/
Hello folks I thought this site was more for the body and soul people however after a look I found a lot of people you all know on it.

Back to top Go down

This site has a lot of familier faces onit Empty Re: This site has a lot of familier faces onit

Post by Admin Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Notably messrs Zammit and Thompson I see. I also recognise some other names and note the involvement of many professional Psychics. Big membership
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

This site has a lot of familier faces onit Empty Re: This site has a lot of familier faces onit

Post by zerdini Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 am

merlin wrote:http://www.bestpsychicnetwork.info/
Hello folks I thought this site was more for the body and soul people however after a look I found a lot of people you all know on it.

Hi Jim

I saw this when it first started as someone sent me an email inviting me to join.

Warning bells rang as soon as I saw Zammit, Thompson and Foy were involved.

I told a few people that Foy saw it as an opportunity to promote his book and sure enough within a few weeks he did so!

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:50 am

Admin wrote:Notably messrs Zammit and Thompson I see. I also recognise some other names and note the involvement of many professional Psychics. Big membership

The 'big' membership was as a result of a networking message by some of the organisers to recruit members at no joining fee. However, within a short time paid membership was offered with various inducements to promote individual 'psychic talents'.

There has also been a recent plea for donations to build or finance a Spiritual University in Spain and we can expect to see an increase in soliciting donations in the near future.

I know of people who joined initially and have since resigned due to the above.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:19 am

Hi Z,

Thanks for the feedback there is a certain feel to the site when you look at it that just suggests it may not be straightforward. I also note it does seem relatively typical of the New Age Psychic, Survival After Death, All Types of Spiritual Group as it may need to be to encompass the interests of all members.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by taushin Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm

administration: jim? Do you feel that the core of Spiritualism is diluted by all the off branching of the New Age Psychic and the research that is being promoted into Near Death Experiences, the survival after death. That there is so many candies in the candy store that people tend to get lost of the notion of Spiritualism, which is providing the evidence that there is life after the process called death.
Or is all of this just a natural expansion of Spiritualism, the opening of new frontiers?
taushin
taushin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 am

Hi Taushin, I will get back to you soon with a full answer but for now, yes somethings are a new frontier to further our understanding others are distractive and inherently meaningless if you use discernment to evaluate their claims.

I do feel we have far to many centres around that would struggle to articulate the philosophy and history of Modern Spiritualism. Equally we have far to few mediums who really prove survival and far too much psychism taking the place of that. The glamour of the candy store tends to attract more than the solidity of our movement.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 am

Carrying on the candy-store theme, folk gather childlike at the shop window excited by the bright, vivid colours and shapes of what's on offer there for a few pennies (psychism, New Ageism etc)

Many will enjoy what they buy, they'll savour the sugary-sweet candies and that's all they're looking for. But in the end there's no body, no sustenance in those sweetmeats, just a sugar-rush followed by the inevitable come-down.

Perhaps then some may turn to Modern Spiritualism attracted by its simple, sustaining principles. We can only hope so and try to be there when folk come looking....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:56 am

I am interested Mac that a number who came to us with the brad new age approach have progressively bought into Spiritualism and are now happy to produce talks about it. These are younger people too which is really good.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am

Admin wrote:I am interested Mac that a number who came to us with the brad new age approach have progressively bought into Spiritualism and are now happy to produce talks about it. These are younger people too which is really good.

I'm happy to learn that's the case, Jim. I'm a self-professed Jeremiah about the state of Spiritualism presently (as folk here will probably know!) but I'd just love to be proven wrong.... It's not a scientific evaluation but I get the feeling that Modern Spiritualism is the more the field of the middle-aged through to old f@@@s like myself and I'd again love to find I was wrong and that younger ones are being attracted by Spiritualism's simple truths.

I often find I need the power of creative visualisation for some issues and the younger ones are surely those even more able to do such things. They just need to start somewhere....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by taushin Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm happy to learn that's the case, Jim. I'm a self-professed Jeremiah about the state of Spiritualism presently (as folk here will probably know!) but I'd just love to be proven wrong.... It's not a scientific evaluation but I get the feeling that Modern Spiritualism is the more the field of the middle-aged through to old f@@@s like myself and I'd again love to find I was wrong and that younger ones are being attracted by Spiritualism's simple truths.

I have seen such in my day to day here in cassadaga, people are seemingly more interested in the proof of life after the process we call death more so after they reach a certain pivotal point in their lives, at a certain age, they tend to take a more serious out look at it and the phenomena involved, it becomes more than a curiosity for them or something to see. they come to realize it is more than a side show or an entertainment but a serious encounter with spirit, that is constantly around us, only a heart beat away is the fabric of the reality so thin.
many of the young people i have spoken with are all giggles and seek more of the psychic reading, watching the tools displayed, what will the cards hold for me, nothing they are only cards but they can be a tuning instrument for focus of the psychic.
but nothing as really changed, it was this way in the 1848, and in the decades that followed you have your hanger on, and the serious who get into it, but even those who are into physical mediumship and the reality of it are only scratching the surface.
taushin
taushin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down