SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW SILVER BIRCH CONTROLS HIS MEDIUM

+7
Wes
Starling
petal34
Skye
Admin
mac
zerdini
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HOW SILVER BIRCH CONTROLS HIS MEDIUM - Page 2 Empty Re: HOW SILVER BIRCH CONTROLS HIS MEDIUM

Post by obiwan Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 am

MU!! wrote:
obiwan wrote:The description given by barbanel and SB sounds like trance mediumship would you agree? If so, I am not sure why you'd expect there to be no interference from the medium's personality. In fact SB explains why if memory serves. Perhaps I have misunderstood the point you are making.
Trance, certainly.

My point is that how are we to know what to trust, or what not, if the Spirit Guide is being colored? We can't.

I find it difficult to know what to make of Silver Birch full-stop. To me it is akin to testimony from any person I don't know and I have no way to validate what he says other than by adopting some of his recommendations and seeing if they work lol. I do enjoy reading his sayings, and they seem very consistent and sensible to me, but how much weight to give them is difficult to determine, for me.

One of the things I do like about the SB stuff is that he invites us to weigh what we are being told for ourselves. In the end, he seems to be saying we should not simply accept what he says as gospel.

SB appears to admit that it is not always easy to convey his full meaning because of interference by the medium's thoughts. I think SB and the medium disagreed on some subjects eg reincarnation.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

HOW SILVER BIRCH CONTROLS HIS MEDIUM - Page 2 Empty Re: HOW SILVER BIRCH CONTROLS HIS MEDIUM

Post by MU!! Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:50 pm

obiwan wrote:I find it difficult to know what to make of Silver Birch full-stop. To me it is akin to testimony from any person I don't know and I have no way to validate what he says other than by adopting some of his recommendations and seeing if they work lol. I do enjoy reading his sayings, and they seem very consistent and sensible to me, but how much weight to give them is difficult to determine, for me.

One of the things I do like about the SB stuff is that he invites us to weigh what we are being told for ourselves. In the end, he seems to be saying we should not simply accept what he says as gospel.

SB appears to admit that it is not always easy to convey his full meaning because of interference by the medium's thoughts. I think SB and the medium disagreed on some subjects eg reincarnation.
I completely understand where you are coming from, Obi, SB has been a continuing quandrum for MU!!. Without getting into a long diatribe, as I have positively resolved my views on reincarnations, pre-birth planning, soul preogressions, etc. I have so resolved a few of my doubts regarding SB. In short, reincarnated souls by defintion have much greater siritual wisdom and I have to hand that acknowledgment to SB.

SB claims to have requested and been granted the guidance he would need to provide proper instruction. On a spiritual level, intent is of great signicance because it directs the flow of energy. By asking Barbanell to be a “clear mirror,” SB had requested that the coloration from Barbanell's mind be erased. That no personal inclinations color the information he would mediate.

Again, if this was not the environemnt that SB could operate, certainly "he" and we would be left with little credibility on which to hang his head dress (hat). Laughing

Nonetheless, I separate fact from opinion - fact e.g SB relating his own reincarnation; opinion e.g. organ transplant. The latter I find curious since it presumes that SB would understand the life planning processes of every earthly soul.

In the end-all, Obi, I put off SB for a long, long time. As you know, my approach has been to research/study and (re)produce physical mediumship and its survival evidences for those willing to do the same and for my self-benefit. Chasing channelling was something I still to this day do so with less fervor for all the reasons we have commented in this thread. MOF, if it was not for Cranley's insistence on the validity and spirituality of SB, I doubt I would have spent MUch time at all.

MU!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MU!! Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Admin wrote:I think there is also the extreme fact that for a period of time you have no idea what is going on and have to place your entire trust in Spirit that what is said is valid, coherent and worthwhile. You also can only then rely on others validation when you come out of trance

This latter point is one of my reservations about going into deep trance, were I to do so it would only be for some worthwhile purpose not to just experience it and get random light weight material.
Which is why I found Barbanell's/Swaffer's displeasure and argumentation with SB over reincarnation most amusing. Especially Barbanell's. Razz

Yet he continued. Why?

IMO b/c Barbanelle in his heart of hearts trusted SB more than he trusted his dogmatic beliefs.

MU!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2