SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should You Lose Awards if you leave the SNU or other Group

2 posters

Go down

Should You Lose Awards if you leave the SNU or other Group Empty Should You Lose Awards if you leave the SNU or other Group

Post by Admin Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:16 am

I promised to open a new topic about this.

At this stage it has arisen from the major topic https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2485-why-is-there-a-clash-between-the-tutors-and-the-afc

Clearly the status of the 20 Tutors still hangs in the air just two weeks before the AGM.

The gag orders remain in place but there seems to have been no progress in the Arbitration. So what happens now, if for some inexplicable reason, the current President and, the existing NEC, manage to keep on pushing through reforms at the AGM and ignoring the invalid election process. Well it would appear they retain power and the Tutor issue is well and truly in their power to handle as they like.

It has always been my expectation that the President and new Course Convenor never really intended to change direction. It looks a little like my way or the highway, back down and sign the contract or else.

The question is what else. Can they remain in the SNU? and what happens to their certificates, awards and SNU qualifications if they are forced out (or expelled)? Well we know they are gone, I suppose they could unofficially claim them but with the current rules how long before the SNU start pursuing people who use certificates that have been lost., or indeed insisting that Churches only use certificatesd or in training mediums.

Of course the value of the awards depends on their merits, Who decides on the award and how are they examined. We know none are recognised in law as educational certificates/diplomas or degrees.

Except possibly the OSNU and MSNU where the qualification meets legal requirements like marriage registration (in the UK only). I also believe that the TSNU, which is so hard to obtain (normally) has merit. Surely the SNU would love to have tutors travelling round the world showing how worthwhile this qualification is and how great the AFC must be.

I have seen CSNU's I would not like to have on my platform and mediums with no certification I love to see.

Of course none of these are transferable between organisations, the NSAC has its own group of awards, equally lost if they leave the organisation. You cannot be an NSAC member and and SNU one and have joint certification. etc etc.

So what do you really get when an organisation certifies you (sic). Nothing of real value except while you are in that body. There is another way - through diplomas certified by official requirements yet I realise neither the SNU or NSAC will recognise those.

So here we go - a debate on this can happily commence here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Should You Lose Awards if you leave the SNU or other Group Empty Re: Should You Lose Awards if you leave the SNU or other Group

Post by Janhar Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:51 am

I think you can still use the certificates if you remain in the SNU and don’t use them for activities outside the SNU approval. So, if the tutors retain their SNU membership there should not be a problem. If they stop working at the college they will not necessarily leave the SNU. If they were ejected from the SNU that would be another matter. All this is very hypothetical as we do not know the basis of the complaint or the legal ramifications of it. They will speak out when they can.
If they leave the SNU or get ejected I very much doubt if any of them will care tuppence about those certificates. Their own reputations as mediums and teachers have far more value.

Last edited by Janhar on Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

Janhar

Lis likes this post

Back to top Go down