SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

+14
OnlyVisitingEarth
notabigjump
mac
Beds1970
Lis
JNR
Jbodoski
snuboyo
Anniemillo1
iceblue
Slatewriter
toolsey2
Jane Lyzell
Admin
18 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 8 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by Jbodoski Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:26 am

I'm not sure what you mean about dealing with the Uptons. Steven was wrongly accused of something he didn't do, and left the SNU to clear his name as the SNUs usual inexperienced witch hunt committee would not listen and found him guilty. The NEC reacted to the findings of the committee. Steven left and took all the evidence to the police, his own and the accusers, something the committee did not allow, and he was found innocent no case to answer.
Paul on the other hand was removed from his position for trying to block tutors he did not like. The NEC makes the decisions not the president. As I said before, I was there.

Jbodoski

Back to top Go down

Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC - Page 8 Empty Re: Why is there a Clash between the Tutors and the AFC

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:49 am

Jbodoski wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about dealing with the Uptons. Steven was wrongly accused of something he didn't do, and left the SNU to clear his name as the SNUs usual inexperienced witch hunt committee would not listen and found him guilty. The NEC reacted to the findings of the committee. Steven left and took all the evidence to the police, his own and the accusers, something the committee did not allow, and he was found innocent no case to answer.
Paul on the other hand was removed from his position for trying to block tutors he did not like. The NEC makes the decisions not the president. As I said before, I was there.

It is difficult to square the current NEC as effective decision makers, when so many have resigned during this presidential term - several of whom have cited the president's autocratic manner and a culture of fear.

As for the Upton case, were you present when he visited the police? Did you see what he handed over as evidence? Was he charged by the police? - as you say he was found as innocent, which would presume he was charged as guilty at some point. Is it guilty by NEC and innocent by the case he presented to the police?

This all appears to have as many holes as a sieve, yet I am not doubting you and your involvement with the NEC. How long ago were you on the NEC? Was it under the current president?

The issue appears to me to be having a president who has far too much influence and interferes negatively with the smooth running of the prized 'cash cow.'

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:39 am

He was not charged by the police, because after he presented his case, and the evidence checked, they said there was no case to answer. The accused had their evidence presented to the NEC investigation committe, and it was also made availble to anyone who they felt stood at their side. That wouldnt be allowed in a court of law. Steven dedpite sticking to the rules and not sharing his evidence to the contrary, was ajugded to be guilty. Hence his reason for leaving. I prefer to remain anonymous but have been at the NEC table. And served both presidents in some capacity.

Jbodoski

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:46 am

Jbodoski wrote:He was not charged by the police, because after he presented his case, and the evidence checked, they said there was no case to answer. The accused had their evidence presented to the NEC investigation committe, and it was also made availble to anyone who they felt stood at their side. That wouldnt be allowed in a court of law. Steven dedpite sticking to the rules and not sharing his evidence to the contrary, was ajugded to be guilty. Hence his reason for leaving. I prefer to remain anonymous but have been at the NEC table. And served both presidents in some capacity.

Thank you and I appreciate your answering this. In effect, the NEC doing the work of the police appears to be both inappropriate, ineffective and career ending. It is a sorry state of affairs then, that a man of such commitment ( a minister and a tutor too) to the SNU was apparently treated so unjustly. It is a theme.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbodoski Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:53 am

I could go on but I think we are moving away from the original subject of the tutors. But another chat point could be the down fall of Andrew Hadley, and why he fell alone??

Jbodoski

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:59 am

Jbodoski wrote:I could go on but I think we are moving away from the original subject of the tutors. But another chat point could be the down fall of Andrew Hadley, and why he fell alone??

Indeed. However. events of the past and how they were dealt with by the NEC are offering an insight as to what the tutors are up against. Today marks the date when they are withdrawing from their courses until the situation is resolved. That for me brings great sadness as I know many of them and their high calibre. It is a wasted opportunity to leave them hanging since February, for a resolution.

notabigjump

OnlyVisitingEarth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:27 pm

deleted for brevity....

Broadly speaking we can, given the detail being given, recognise that someone knows what they are talking about and has some inside knowledge. We also know that regardless of which of the last two Presidents you deal with, there will be heavy punishment and only possibly some reward. Therefore anonymity is quite sensible.
I can't disagree with individuals wanting to stay in whatever role they fulfill but from what I'm hearing WHY would anyone so upset even want to continue their role?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:29 pm

mac wrote:Devil's Advocate again - apart from grumbling and grousing about things, is anybody going to try to do something to rectify the situation?  Assuming there's anything that CAN be done to change the picture.

There's no more than a handful of anonymous new members contributing to this conversation and one might wonder if any of the hundreds/thousands of SNU members are involved in discussions elsewhere.  Anyone know?

It's radio silence from the NEC and the tutors are bound by a confidentiality clause. Many who care have equated the situation as merely a tactic to throw the election for the current president. Yet it has been ongoing since February. What could  they do? Many trust one side or the other - but do not have any evidence to take action. Other discussions have taken place on social media, yet they are fairly unpleasant. Coming here to discuss has been an opportunity to have a discussion rather than an offensive meme or vitriolic attack.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:30 pm

mac wrote:deleted for brevity....

Broadly speaking we can, given the detail being given, recognise that someone knows what they are talking about and has some inside knowledge. We also know that regardless of which of the last two Presidents you deal with, there will be heavy punishment and only possibly some reward. Therefore anonymity is quite sensible.
I can't disagree with individuals wanting to stay in whatever role they fulfill but from what I'm hearing WHY would anyone so upset even want to continue their role?

Hence the tutors withdrawing from their courses from today, until there is resolution.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:36 pm

I also welcome all the new members, even if many have not posted. It does not matter to me that they only visit this thread while its active.
I respect Jim and totally acknowledge his right to welcome and host on his website anyone he chooses.

I would hope though that they visit all the other wonderful material that is on this thread, some copied from other sources but much original and meticulously researched. My feeling is that, even if Spiritualism fails, its successor must study the experience of the last 176 years and learn. Studying the past is to often forgotten by humanity its why the same idiotic ideas keep coming back.
As for me I would love to see new members coming to Jim's website and writing about Spiritualism.  Along with that they could research the huge amount of material he and Lis have published here and elsewhere.  But I'm not expecting that to happen.  Crying or Very sad

mac

Anniemillo1 and OnlyVisitingEarth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:45 pm

Well where do I begin.

My recollections of the complaint against Mr. Upton are (and forgive me if I don't get them in the correct order, but I do know that this happened} The complainant raised the matter with the police due to the fact that the NEC found him guilty but were going to put him on six months probationary period under another Minister. How this was going to work I don't know. Where they going to travel with him and be in all classes he taught, be at every zoom meeting, check all his emails?

I believe that no charges where pressed due to the complainant being an adult albeit a vulnerable adult. Perhaps the NEC's decision was based on the fact that he was acting in his Ministerial capacity and this was not acceptable when this all happened. (My opinion)

The Charities Commission was informed and a statement from the NEC said something along the lines that Mr. Upton has resigned. On speaking to a member of the NEC last year, apparently Mr. Upton did not in fact resign. So if he didn't resign then their statement was incorrect and where was the duty of care to other vulnerable students. Transparency.

If you have been in the company of Mr. Upton you would be well aware that he had no filter when speaking to ladies or about them. In one class where he was the tutor, at break time his remarks to mature ladies, who did not find them funny, and verging on the sleazy side and example:

Ladies remember that there is a notice on the toilet doors no sharing the toilets. (or something to that effect, it was a while ago, around the time when he was under investigation)

I am also informed the it was normal to remark about ladies breasts as 'puppies'. Was this talk acceptable for a tutor, let alone a Minister.

Yes, regarding PJ it seems everyone that has been exiled has been welcomed with open arms.

We also have another tutor, who has been allowed to teach without going through the same hoops as all the other tutors, new or old. Was renowned for his comments about the SNU. Left under a cloud and now back teaching without any teaching qualifications from the SNU. No doubt he will be hurriedly put through any courses he needs. What on earth is going on at the AFC?

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:59 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:Well where do I begin.

We also have another tutor, who has been allowed to teach without going through the same hoops as all the other tutors, new or old.   Was renowned for his comments about the SNU.  Left under a cloud and now back teaching without any teaching qualifications from the SNU.  No doubt he will be hurriedly put through any courses he needs.  What on earth is going on at the AFC?

It sounds like time for all the other tutors who had to pay for training and assessments, to start a class action against the college to recoup their expenses. If we are going to do the 'face fits' game, then all the others at least deserve a full refund.

notabigjump

Anniemillo1, OnlyVisitingEarth and snuboyo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:05 pm

notabigjump wrote:
mac wrote:Devil's Advocate again - apart from grumbling and grousing about things, is anybody going to try to do something to rectify the situation?  Assuming there's anything that CAN be done to change the picture.

There's no more than a handful of anonymous new members contributing to this conversation and one might wonder if any of the hundreds/thousands of SNU members are involved in discussions elsewhere.  Anyone know?

It's radio silence from the NEC and the tutors are bound by a confidentiality clause. Many who care have equated the situation as merely a tactic to throw the election for the current president. Yet it has been ongoing since February. What could  they do? Many trust one side or the other - but do not have any evidence to take action. Other discussions have taken place on social media, yet they are fairly unpleasant. Coming here to discuss has been an opportunity to have a discussion rather than an offensive meme or vitriolic attack.

This situation is getting messier and messier. First we have the deplorable way that the twenty long serving tutors have been treated (but, they have only done this to throw the elections!!!)
Then we have an alleged writ served on JW (no denial or acceptance, if true is this to throw the election)? If it is true then why is the P allowed to continue with her duties because the NEC made a precedence when another tutor was awaiting trial and removed him from teaching at the AFC and stripped him of his awards before being found guilty. My thoughts are if the alleged writ is true why is the same not happening now and who will be held responsible for this not being carried out if true?

My friend did online voting and received an email stating that she has successfully voted for a president and VP. She DIDN'T vote for a VP. After complaining they sent her a paper voting form. Now then, did they cancel online votes? Which candidate did the automatic VP vote go to? How many others didn't read their email properly confirming their vote and have automatically voted for a candidate? How can this be checked whether an outside company or not, this has happened and how many times so I don't have much confidence in this vote.

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:09 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:

This situation is getting messier and messier.   First we have the deplorable way that the twenty long serving tutors have been treated (but, they have only done this to throw the elections!!!)
Then we have an alleged writ served on JW (no denial or acceptance, if true is this to throw the election)?  If it is true then why is the P allowed to continue with her duties because the NEC made a precedence when another tutor was awaiting trial and removed him from teaching at the AFC and stripped him of his awards before being found guilty.  My thoughts are if the alleged writ is true why is the same not happening now and who will be held responsible for this not being carried out if true?

My friend did online voting and received an email stating that she has successfully voted for a president and VP.  She DIDN'T vote for a VP.   After complaining they sent her a paper voting form.  Now then, did they cancel online votes?   Which candidate did the automatic VP vote go to?   How many others didn't read their email properly confirming their vote and have automatically voted for a candidate?    How can this be checked whether an outside company or not, this has happened and how many times so I don't have much confidence in this vote.

If there has been voting irregularity then there must be a body that can be complained to.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniemillo1 Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:13 pm

notabigjump wrote:

We also have another tutor, who has been allowed to teach without going through the same hoops as all the other tutors, new or old.   Was renowned for his comments about the SNU.  Left under a cloud and now back teaching without any teaching qualifications from the SNU.  No doubt he will be hurriedly put through any courses he needs.  What on earth is going on at the AFC?

It sounds like time for all the other tutors who had to pay for training and assessments, to start a class action against the college to recoup their expenses. If we are going to do the 'face fits' game, then all the others at least deserve a full refund.

Hi,
I seem to have lost the initial paragraphs which was in reply to the post about Mr. Upton. Has it been deleted or is it somewhere else?

Anniemillo1

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Anniemillo1 wrote:
notabigjump wrote:

Hi,
I seem to have lost the initial paragraphs which was in reply to the post about Mr. Upton.   Has it been deleted or is it somewhere else?

I only wanted to reply to the above issue so deleted what wasn't part of my reply. However, the original will still be here for anyone to comment on.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by JNR Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:26 pm

mac wrote:trimmed for brevity

Apologies JNR in all the quoting and re posting this very important snippet seems you have been overlooked.

As part of her Promotion to retain the Presidency the non expenditures on the AFC has been quoted and it was used to help persuade people to donate

An actual provable terminological inexactitude (if you like a porkie) that JW actually said in a recorded interview. How many more are there around, or being buried hurriedly. I admit it was Lis that spotted this ripper.
At the risk of sounding confrontational, so what.....?  OK you don't like her, you say she can't be trusted but then what do you propose doing?  There's a grand-master of terminological inexactitude running for president over the big pond and telling lies has rarely led to any major slow-down of his activities.  Do you really believe less than that will slow down the activities of the incumbent SNU president?

A valid point Mac, but fundraising is a regulated activity, and it is regulated by The Fund Raising Regulator.

There is a code of conduct that all charities must comply with. I can't give you the full details on here, but you can read it for yourself if you are interested:

fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code (I am not able to post link on here yet)

As a flavour, this is the kind of thing that is expected.

1.3. Informing donors and treating
people fairly

1.3.1 You and the fundraising materials
you use must not mislead anyone,
or be likely to mislead anyone, either
by leaving out information or by
being inaccurate or ambiguous
or by exaggerating details.

Comparing the SNU to a political party is like comparing apples and pears. The charity sector is reliant on donations, undermining public trust in this sector is taken very seriously, and I hope you can see there is a strict set of regs concerning all of this.

and yes, I have reported it to the regulator.

JNR

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:30 pm

JNR wrote:
mac wrote:trimmed for brevit

A valid point Mac, but fundraising is a regulated activity, and it is regulated by The Fund Raising Regulator.

There is a code of conduct that all charities must comply with. I can't give you the full details on here, but you can read it for yourself if you are interested:

fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code (I am not able to post link on here yet)

people fairly

Comparing the SNU to a political party is like comparing apples and pears. The charity sector is reliant on donations, undermining public trust in this sector is taken very seriously, and I hope you can see there is a strict set of regs concerning all of this.

Bang to rights then! She must resign!

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:20 pm

mac wrote:

Hence the tutors withdrawing from their courses from today, until there is resolution.
My question was rhetorical.... For there to be a significant impact many more will need to show their disgust over what's happening. Is there any indication that might happen?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:25 pm

notabigjump wrote:

I'll try again.... "There's no more than a handful of anonymous new members contributing to this conversation and one might wonder if any of the hundreds/thousands of SNU members are involved in discussions elsewhere. Anyone know?"

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:41 pm

JNR wrote:

Apologies JNR in all the quoting and re posting this very important snippet seems you have been overlooked.

As part of her Promotion to retain......................... How many more are there around, or being buried hurriedly. I admit it was Lis that spotted this ripper.
 Do you really believe less than that will slow down the activities of the incumbent SNU president?

fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code (I am not able to post link on here yet) allow me:fundraising

people fairly

It really does not matter whether I CAN SEE any of this....  What counts is whether the incumbent president cares or whether the Fundraising Regulator will step in and take action.  My first question/point is rhetorical..... edit: but you are bang on - paragraphs 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.4, 1.3.6 on page 11 look highly relevant.

Last edited by mac on Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added detail)

mac

notabigjump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:45 pm

[quote="notabigjump"]
JNR wrote:

Apologi.............riedly. I admit it was Lis that spotted this ripper.
At the risk of sounding confrontational, so what.....?  OK you don't like her, you say she can't be trusted but then what do you propose doing?  There's a grand-master of terminological inexactitude running for president over the big pond and telling lies has rarely led to any major slow-down of his activities.  Do you really believe less than that will slow down the activities of the incumbent SNU president?

fundraisingregulator.or.............rning all of this.

Bang to rights then! She must resign!
She can't fail to be persuaded! Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:00 pm

mac wrote:
notabigjump wrote:

I expect you'll have approached those affected?

Of course!

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:16 pm

notabigjump wrote:

Of course!
And the reaction was????

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by notabigjump Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:19 pm

mac wrote:
notabigjump wrote:

Of course!
And the reaction was????

Quite militant and determined to right things. Other than that I can't predict what they will all do next.

notabigjump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum