SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes

+3
mac
Left Behind
Jim River
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Myainsel wrote:
Jim River wrote:So why didn't this entity choose a Zulu or any other Bantu woman to be it's avatar?

Very simple. It is very easy to fake someone who is reported to come from a culture that there is no way of verifying. Kinda like saying you are channeling a druid from 2500 B.C. No records whatsoever. No way to fact check.

Direct voice is as more about what is said as who said it. You'd bitch if Thomas Jefferson came through that this is fakery because it gains attention from his celebrity status.

There is also the appeal factor. No sad seeker who is lost and sick of their average white ancestry and who needs to be different and who has the bucks to spend wants to get advice, no matter how good or practical from a black woman.

Speak for yourself, O' Forked Tongued Prejudiced One. Twisted Evil

And we still have a very lively black culture with plenty of "real magic and power" who would be quick to offer friendly corrections to incorrect information. If they ever chose to grace these boards that is. Let me see if I can go find a few Twisted Evil
Waiting............................................................................................. Arrow

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes

Post by Jim River Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 am

[quote="Panama Red"]
Jim River wrote:

Why isn't your name James Creek?

Because it's Jim River.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 am

In honesty Jim and Panorama whether, or not, you are indigenous North American Indians I would like you to either respect this forum and its beliefs or just leave this alone. Having conversed with others who were genuine I do know your views are at a divergence to those of many if, as you claim you are indigenous North American Indians, who are much more accepting of these ideas.

At the moment the word play and the mind games remind me of the problems Spiritualist Forums are currently having. Are you sceptics, born again Christians or genuine Indians? Its an interesting question.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sun May 12, 2013 10:47 am

Admin wrote:In honesty Jim and Panorama whether, or not, you are indigenous North American Indians I would like you to either respect this forum and its beliefs or just leave this alone. Having conversed with others who were genuine I do know your views are at a divergence to those of many if, as you claim you are indigenous North American Indians....
I never made any such claim. jedifight

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Myainsel Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 am

Admin wrote:In honesty Jim and Panorama whether, or not, you are indigenous North American Indians I would like you to either respect this forum and its beliefs or just leave this alone. Having conversed with others who were genuine I do know your views are at a divergence to those of many if, as you claim you are indigenous North American Indians, who are much more accepting of these ideas.

At the moment the word play and the mind games remind me of the problems Spiritualist Forums are currently having. Are you sceptics, born again Christians or genuine Indians? Its an interesting question.

Jim is quite real and an actual member of several NA organizations. I myself am real and go more for the Anti-defamation thing. Having our various beliefs discussed is one thing, having imaginary things added is quite another.
How do you think a modern Xtian would like it if suddenly someone started quoting things from "their Holy Book" and then attributed them to JC? They would get quite angry and they would have every right to.
As do Indians (I prefer NA but the most radical use Indian) when some non-native creates things that to us are obviously not true.
ON a lighter note, thanks for making my Mothers Day start off with a big laugh with my coffee in bed. That sock puppet is so adorable!! I would hate for it to get into trouble for trolling on such a happy day, wouldn't you agree administrator?

Myainsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 am

As I said Trolls get 24 hours at first yeti
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 12, 2013 10:57 am

Then they bow down to stay on
bow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sun May 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Myainsel wrote:
Jim is quite real and an actual member of several NA organizations. I myself am real and go more for the Anti-defamation thing. Having our various beliefs discussed is one thing, having imaginary things added is quite another.
How do you think a modern Xtian would like it if suddenly someone started quoting things from "their Holy Book" and then attributed them to JC?

Who is Jesus Christ's equivalent on the reservation?

They would get quite angry and they would have every right to.
As do Indians (I prefer NA but the most radical use Indian) when some non-native creates things that to us are obviously not true.
I argue and suggest we begin by refusing to use "Indian," "American Indian," or "Native American" to identify the Indigenous Peoples of the United States. I believe these words are names of colonialism and reflect the linguistic imperialism.

Colonialism refers to when an alien people invade the territory inhabited by people of a different race and culture and establish political, social, spiritual, intellectual, and economic domination over that territory. Colonialism includes territorial and resource appropriate by the colonizer and loss of sovereignty by the colonized.

In my most recent writings, I consistently use the terms "Indigenous" and "First Nations" Peoples. Why don't you and James? woohoo

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 13, 2013 12:24 am

I have moved this piece to its own area away from a topic which it became totally unrelated to
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Mon May 13, 2013 9:01 am

I did not start this thread. It seems someone here likes to screw around with people's accounts.

Why would anyone, especially NDNs want to be trusting of the administration here let alone the modern spiritual movement?

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 am

Admin wrote:Then they bow down to stay on
bow

Keep dreaming

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Mon May 13, 2013 9:26 am

Well mac, have a nice time here talking to yourself.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Oh don't leave - we so enjoy your company! Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon May 13, 2013 4:46 pm

mac wrote:Oh don't leave - we so enjoy your company! Wink
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 pm

obiwan wrote:
mac wrote:Oh don't leave - we so enjoy your company! Wink
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Lol

Perish the thought! Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2