SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Milligan!?

+19
nick pettitt
Spectre
bulldog
Neilos
Kevin33315
COSC2014
Wes
mac
Shen1987
Waller
Lis
Admin
MU!!
Mark74
LeroyC
bravo321uk
obiwan
scottmilligan
Jane Lyzell
23 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Scott Milligan!? - Page 9 Empty Re: Scott Milligan!?

Post by mac Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:16 pm

Janhar wrote:
mac wrote:

We think similarly.  I don't care one jot which flavour of mediumship is used provided the communication is clearly evidential.  If it's vague and uncertain it doesn't matter to me which form of mediumship delivered it.  It wouldn't change my view if it's not plainly evidential.  As for using an ouija board, my take is that results are determined by the quality of the intermediary's attributes.[/color]

Janhar
Not sure what you mean Smile but I have only ever done the table alphabet- rock once for A etc. Though often had to chase it when it rocked over to someone. A few confusing attempts to climb a wall, a lot of fun. The ouija same system with a mirror and cut out letters and numbers.

And I don't know which bit you're not sure about as you haven't said! lol

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:20 pm

mac wrote:
Janhar wrote:Mac, I added at the end of it that I do enjoy walking an odd table  😂 but  I need a stronger medium than me on it too. Seen some very lively tables at Stansted.
Yeah I can see how that's a bit of harmless fun when it is done just for fun and entertainment.

But many years ago I had the temerity to write in PN that I was left wondering if (some) sitters in a physical mediumship development group scenario were more intrigued by experiencing phenomena than they were interested in what mediumship is really about.  At least what I see mediumship being about no matter what its flavour.  

George Cranley took me to task for that but I still stand by what I said in my novice years.
I’m surprised to hear George disagreed with you on that Mac. I always got the impression he found the pursuit of pure phenomena tiresome.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:15 am

I am trying not to get drawn off the main topic here. However my main view is these things have to fit in alongside any develpoment or teaching you do.

There is value in psychic development as long as theory and practice are understood. Your psychic abilities are what you use for mediumship it is just the source that is different. All to many people fail to grasp the difference. I am also horrified that the essential role of Spirit Guides in mediumship is no longer being taught. My relationship with them has been integral in all my development.

Janhar;  you may be interested in this thread where I took phenomena in our own way by reintroducing some experimentation.  https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2310-experimental-christmas-tree-seances-and-other-trials#22496

Alphabetic spaghetti is one way to knock all the energy out of table tipping. I am a decent mental medium so I ask the table to tip at the person the message is for. I should and normally do then pick up who is there, to help guide questions. But this shortcut is valid anyway, using the same yes, as who the message is for, male-female; young-old; relative-friend. You have cut to the chase quickly and to prevent the tables slowing to a stop I then help the message along.

Anyway, because Spirit knows that the system is slow they tend to just love the joy of expressing a connection by the speed and energy they move the table with. One day while a group were on the second table I stood on the other one and it was spinning rapidly round and leaping up and down, I knew who was there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Janhar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:23 am

I'm not a medium hence I remain an observer reacting to what I see and hear.

Of course one's psychic attributes are the basis of interactions with spirit companions, helpers and guides. I do not know if all mediums have a similar awareness of each of those groups of individuals but I suspect not.

Table-tipping or ouija boards may be valuable 'props' when delivering evidential mediumship. Tarot and other prop-assisted communication may be used similarly. Where any of them assist in delivering sound evidential mediumship I would have no objection to their being used.

mac

Lis and Janhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:27 am

mac wrote:
Janhar wrote:
mac wrote:

We think similarly.  I don't care one jot which flavour of mediumship is used provided the communication is clearly evidential.  If it's vague and uncertain it doesn't matter to me which form of mediumship delivered it.  It wouldn't change my view if it's not plainly evidential.  As for using an ouija board, my take is that results are determined by the quality of the intermediary's attributes.[/color]

Janhar
Not sure what you mean Smile but I have only ever done the table alphabet- rock once for A etc. Though often had to chase it when it rocked over to someone. A few confusing attempts to climb a wall, a lot of fun. The ouija same system with a mirror and cut out letters and numbers.

And I don't know which bit you're not sure about as you haven't said!   lol
Attributes….but I realise now you were referring to attributes re mediumship Smile ,

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:38 am

Admin wrote:I am trying not to get drawn off the main topic here. However my main view is these things have to fit in alongside any develpoment or teaching you do.

There is value in psychic development as long as theory and practice are understood. Your psychic abilities are what you use for mediumship it is just the source that is different. All to many people fail to grasp the difference. I am also horrified that the essential role of Spirit Guides in mediumship is no longer being taught. My relationship with them has been integral in all my development.

Janhar;  you may be interested in this thread where I took phenomena in our own way by reintroducing some experimentation.  https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2310-experimental-christmas-tree-seances-and-other-trials#22496

Alphabetic spaghetti is one way to knock all the energy out of table tipping. I am a decent mental medium so I ask the table to tip at the person the message is for. I should and normally do then pick up who is there, to help guide questions. But this shortcut is valid anyway, using the same yes, as who the message is for, male-female; young-old; relative-friend. You have cut to the chase quickly and to prevent the tables slowing to a stop I then help the message along.

Anyway, because Spirit knows that the system is slow they tend to just love the joy of expressing a connection by the speed and energy they move the table with. One day while a group were on the second table I stood on the other one and it was spinning rapidly round and leaping up and down, I knew who was there.
Thanks for the link, will read it.
Yes I agree about going straight for the person. That generally happened in the most successful ones I have seen, often at high speed to get to them and yes, lots of short cuts used. I must stress that table tilting at the college is usually because we students pester a tutor to do it, maybe on the last day or in the evening but not during class. Other than that it would be a demonstration of the old ways of mediumship.

Janhar

Admin and Lis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to Admin re guides. As far as I know Spirit Guides are a main feature of teaching still, certainly in trance. I have never made them a conscious part of my own mediumship and only ever get them described by others watching me, but then I don’t do trance. There is one presence I recognise by sensation on one side of my face. Somebody eventually told me has a scar on his face. I know I have a Japanese influence because I feel it and a nun who I have often been told about but don’t have awareness of except on the rare occasions I feel at peace in the midst of chaos.

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:54 am

Just in passing but on a similar topic, I've often asked Tarot readers what is happening when they use their cards.  

My assumption has always been that either they're doing psychic reading, perhaps assisted by personal intuition/counselling, with the props - the cards - appearing to be the source of details provided by the reader.

I have asked on a number of occasions but few readers have been able to explain at all with just one who told me he uses the cards as props when delivering his mediumship.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:16 am

mac wrote:Just in passing but on a similar topic, I've often asked Tarot readers what is happening when they use their cards.  

My assumption has always been that either they're doing psychic reading, perhaps assisted by personal intuition/counselling, with the props - the cards - appearing to be the source of details provided by the reader.

I have asked on a number of occasions but few readers have been able to explain at all with just one who told me he uses the cards as props when delivering his mediumship.
Some people just use the traditional meanings of the card with some psychic or just intuition thrown in. Others (especially mediums) may use them for the spirit communicator to draw them to a particular aspect of the card and it puts them on track for what the sitter needs clarifying. No hard and fast rule. Some do spreads where the card position denotes something. I am not a card reader but sometimes used 3 that I picked randomly myself for a focus as described. Good to draw one for yourself sometimes.

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:17 pm

Janhar wrote:
Some people just use the traditional meanings of the card with some psychic or just intuition thrown in.
Cards have a meaning???  hmmmm.....

Others (especially mediums) may use them for the spirit communicator to draw them to a particular aspect of the card and it puts them on track for what  the sitter needs clarifying. No hard and fast rule.
what?

Some do spreads where the card position denotes something. I am not a card reader but sometimes used 3 that I picked randomly myself for a focus as described.  Good to draw one for yourself sometimes.
????  What would one expect from drawing a card for oneself?

Colour me unpersuaded.... Wink Very Happy Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Janhar Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:30 pm

mac wrote:
Janhar wrote:
Some people just use the traditional meanings of the card with some psychic or just intuition thrown in.
Cards have a meaning???  hmmmm.....

Others (especially mediums) may use them for the spirit communicator to draw them to a particular aspect of the card and it puts them on track for what  the sitter needs clarifying. No hard and fast rule.
what?

Some do spreads where the card position denotes something. I am not a card reader but sometimes used 3 that I picked randomly myself for a focus as described.  Good to draw one for yourself sometimes.
????  What would one expect from drawing a card for oneself?

Colour me unpersuaded....  Wink Very Happy Smile
If you have a question draw a card and see how the imagery on the card relates to your situation. Let it trigger your intuition and reveal the answer which, of course, you already know. Also, buy a Tarot book,  I don’t want to end up writing one for you on here. I think that will get me slung out lol.

Janhar

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:24 pm

Janhar wrote:

If you have a question draw a card and see how the imagery on the card relates to your situation. Let it trigger your intuition and reveal the answer which, of course, you already know. Also, buy a Tarot book,  I don’t want to end up writing one for you on here. I think that will get me slung out lol.
 Very Happy enough, already!

mac

Janhar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9