SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing past the dark

+3
Left Behind
Quiet
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dancing past the dark Empty Dancing past the dark

Post by Admin Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 am

A book about distressing NDE's http://www.dailygrail.com/Spirit-World/2012/4/Dancing-Past-the-Dark-eBook-Distressing-NDEs
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dancing past the dark Empty Re: Dancing past the dark

Post by Quiet Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks. I bought it for my Kindle. Only $9.00.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:42 am

A topic that needs to receive more attention.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 am

I'm looking forward to reading the book. Such a lot is unknown.

Various spirit communicators such as Silver Birch and Ramadahn comment on what the transition is like but they approach the issue usually through a question. I don't think they give an overall account.

I guess the experience might depend on the state of mind and the faith of the dying person or the person having the NDE.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Or even the state of the person's soul, Quiet.

Some Christians claim that people who experience negative NDE's are being given a premonition of the fate that's in store for them if they don't accept Jesus, or mend their ways.

As Spiritualists (Christian or not), we should have a problem with the first part. But what about the second? There ARE Spiritualist accounts of an unpleasant place that some discarnate souls go to.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:05 pm

My husband had a N.D.E and lost all fear of death.
But then again,he had no fear of death.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Some super images commissioned by Andrew Jackson Davis of DEs from what he saw on 'terminal' wards as a medical student.
NDEs bring some into Spiritualism.
As far as unpleasant places beyond there surely are some but those in them are there from life choices and progressing onwards and upwards.
I also wonder if some don't opt to be in a poor situation immediately after passing until they know better. For sure there are lower order spirits about to pester the unwary or untrained sensitive on this side. Pubs are my bete noir. For every living drunkard propping up the bar there are dozens of low order alko spirits feeding on the negative energies.
Awful places.
Cinemas too for some reason seem to attract the wrong sort.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:20 am

I remember reading a book a good while ago.
(I must get reading again)
On the subject of bad spirit haunting the places they frequented in their physical life.
One of the places mentioned was public houses.
The yearning on the faces of those departed,trying to grasp a glass of alcohol.
So desparate for a drink.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Loneblossom Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:01 am

Admin wrote:A book about distressing NDE's http://www.dailygrail.com/Spirit-World/2012/4/Dancing-Past-the-Dark-eBook-Distressing-NDEs

I read the Kindle sample today. It was interesting but didn't seem to say anything new, the author illustrated that some NDEs are frightening and distressing instead of blissful and happy. I kinda would have expected that, as well as the fact that those experiencing the scarey NDEs would not want to talk about it.

Last edited by Loneblossom on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my awesome spelling skills)
Loneblossom
Loneblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Yep some last words can be indicative of trauma.
I remember a reviled bullying ex boss whose departing words to his downtrodden wife were reported, amongst staff; as being...
'Get your foot off my oxygen tube!'
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:18 pm

petal34 wrote:My husband had a N.D.E and lost all fear of death.
But then again,he had no fear of death.

If he had no fear of death then he couldn't lose it!! Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Excuse the pedantry but the subject validates the statement.
One can only lose that which one once possessed George.
I did have hair............
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:27 pm

KatyKing wrote:Excuse the pedantry but the subject validates the statement.
One can only lose that which one once possessed George.
I did have hair............

Wrong analogy- we were talking about fear not hair! Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Very Happy Touche
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Interesting comments about negative spirits in pubs and cinemas.

This should not be surprising, when we consider the types of emotions that are rife in such places: anger, lust, violent mental imagery, etc., not to mention the intoxicants.

I wonder to what extent these negative spirits feed such emotions TO the living therein, besides feeding ON them?

All my life, I've felt that bars were good places to stay away from. Shocked

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I wonder if they don't feed off drunkards plus somehow influence them. Sort of.... 'Go on have another'.
Cinemas because of all the low calibre violence etc pandering to baser instincts in the audience plus folk are sitting in the dark with their attention focused on a flickering screen.
I do an experiment with first years. Have them watch their favourite TV progamme usually a soap as homework. They have someone time five minutes whikst they make a tick every time the camera angle changes [reinforcing attention]. That can't be done with adverts as there are just too many changes. Gets them thinking about non verbal communication tactics.
Surprising how many mediums say much the same about 'spirit of place' when we get talking. Being sensitive has its downside. Can switch off linking with spirit folk but atmospheres of places are very invasive. I'll not set foot in a pub if I can avoid it which isn't too hard these days thank goodness. Time was to eat ot meant pub grub. These days there's more to choose from. I find restaurants to be spiritually cheery places but then Iove to eat.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 pm

All very interesting but how much is real and not what we have read in some of the more lurid new age psychic material. If you look back at some of the "life on the other side" material it is so contradictory the only thing I am happy to say is what do we really know and whatever we do we get little reliable confirmation. However as mankind we love to take many ideas and tack them all together.

One of the big issues with NDE's is that the researchers really need to be much more scientific with their analysis I bet that all recorded NDE's are not equal that there are key variable that influence the experiences.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

To some extent, you could say that all NDE's reported since Dr. Moody's book came out in the 1970's have the potential to be tainted by accounts of NDE's that the experiencer may have read about.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Absolutely true Jim it also explains the explosion of so called "channelling" in various places from the same "communicators" on things like ascension and trans dimensional shifts. People like Dianan Cooper and Jennifer Hoffman start these off and make a mint. Other people read them, many greatly excietd as they are sure they will be amongst the chosen to move to the fifth dimension and then try channelling. Et voila they get similar material as their excieted subconscious fills in the gaps.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Back in the Lyceum there was a four fold pledge. You could choose which to sign up for or none. It wasn't compulsory to sign but if you did it was supposedly from life.
They were anti..
Smoking
Drinking alcohol
Swearing (including oaths on a 'holy' book)
Gambling
I remember the lessons on abstinence focused on the fact that spirits who pass with cravings for such things still have those cravings in spirit and bring those back with them. So a heavy smoker spirit will latch on to heavy smoker and encourage him to smoke more so that the spirit can enjoy the sensation.
That's how they sold it to us anyway.
Our church was teetotal, you couldn't be a member if you were a drinker. Everybody seemed to smoke though even in church building for socials.
They had things called 'smoking concerts'
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:48 pm

I think that really serious study of the NDE phenomenon should give the highest credibility only to those cases where the experiencer was medically prounced "dead". I'm not saying that the other cases are frauds or hallucinations: just that they don't rise to as high a level of evidentiary standards.

Also, I don't put a great deal of faith in these alleged experiences that are submitted to internet forums. I prefer the focus to be on people who are interviewed by people experienced in this area.

Jim

Last edited by Left Behind on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Aye. Interviews plus observation and maybe a questionnaire. Good research needs triangulation to check data captured. Anythig less is n where near as roust.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Having said that, I'm still a believer in the validity of the near-death phenomenon. I think it's given us a lot of evidence about survival.

Also, with the academic credentials of many of its most avid proponents - MD's and PhD's galore - it strikes a responsive chord in many who wouldn't give mediums a second glance.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Left Behind wrote:Having said that, I'm still a believer in the validity of the near-death phenomenon. I think it's given us a lot of evidence about survival.

Also, with the academic credentials of many of its most avid proponents - MD's and PhD's galore - it strikes a responsive chord in many who wouldn't give mediums a second glance.

Near death experiences are exactly that 'near death' - they do not demonstrate survival. Only death experiences relayed from the Other Side can do that. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:38 pm

zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:Having said that, I'm still a believer in the validity of the near-death phenomenon. I think it's given us a lot of evidence about survival.

Near death experiences are exactly that 'near death' - they do not demonstrate survival. Only death experiences relayed from the Other Side can do that. Smile

Many reported near-death experiences come from people who have been pronounced clinically dead. They tell similar stories of having gone to a place similar to earth, but more beautiful, and of meeting deceased friends and relatives, who have somehow aged up-to or down-to the prime of their lives. They tell of their lives being reviewed and evaluated, and of requesting or being ordered to return to their earthly life. They often should be suffering from brain damage when they rescuscitate, but aren't: in fact, are often inexplicably cured of whatever they died from in the first place.

Sounds evidentiary of a life beyond, to me.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next