SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world?

4 posters

Go down

New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world? Empty New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world?

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Number 7 of new PN mag arrived today.
Take away the ads and articles that are ads in thin disguise and is it just me or is PN posssibly the thinnest magazine in the world?
I want it to succeed having an advertiser's vested interest but really do think that they need to up the content.
What do other readers think?
Any suggestions for future articles will be passed on to Sue Farrow the Editor at PN.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world? Empty Re: New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world?

Post by Quiet Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:43 pm

I remember seeing the old Psychic News on the table at the VSU some years ago. It always seemed a little light on and when it closed down I wondered what the fuss was about - but at that time nobody here knew much about the behind the scenes conflict.

I can see that in the UK it would fulfil a very useful connecting function amongst the many Spiritualist churches, however. I haven't subscribed to the on-line version yet and may not because it is more a newspaper than a serious journal.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world? Empty Re: New PN. The thinnest magazine in the world?

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Apart from Two Worlds which is monthly its our only print media advertising platform aimed at Spiritualists in the UK.
The online version doesn't nclude the classiified ads which is puzzling. Many like the ads to see who is working where. Not a serious journal like Paranthropology but a trade journal to some extent.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Yes, it's very thin. I remember when I picked up the most recent issue, thinking that it was some circular from PN, rather then the magazine itself.

But it has a lot of great stuff.

I subscribed to it, and to TW, thinking that I'd take both of them for 1 year, and then cut back to the 1 I enjoyed the most. So far, it's a draw! I find TW a tad more traditional and historical: PN a little more trendy and today's-headlines oriented.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:32 pm

You can sense the editorial freedom at PN now its out of the clutches of SNU. They are acknowledging the existence of other groups such as Corinthians. I just completed that online reader survey they list the main groups on that. Time was PN was little more than SNU parish newsletter. Tony Ortzen editor of TW now used to be ed of PN. I look on Tony's time at PN as a bit of a golden age for the paper or maybe there was just more going on for him to report on.
This is always a quiet time of year on the church calendar folk are winding down in readiness for long Easter holidays.
Rule of thumb says any specials booked for run up to Easter don't do well. Once the hols are over all the spring and early summer activities kick in and we're all that bit more awake once the clocks go forward at end of this month and sun starts shining longer and later. We'er still on daylight saving time at present so an hour behind clock time shown on here. It's 3-30pm here right now.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Certainly is 'thin' but given time I'm hoping it will regain some of its past circulation and as it does, when the old magic returns and it goes from strength to strength - so... (fingers crossed knees bent and all that) should the content Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:57 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:Certainly is 'thin' but given time I'm hoping it will regain some of its past circulation and as it does, when the old magic returns and it goes from strength to strength - so... (fingers crossed knees bent and all that) should the content Wink

There you go! Very Happy

Jim

Last edited by Left Behind on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm pitching a piece next week. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down