SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving a talk on Silver Birch

+5
Quiet
KatyKing
_Leslie_
mac
Wes
9 posters

Go down

Giving a talk on Silver Birch Empty Giving a talk on Silver Birch

Post by Wes Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:41 am

I've made a connection with a local spiritual centre that has no Spiritualist connections, but the intentions of the people running it are compatible with Spiritualism (especially with the need to provide evidence when doing mediumship) however in order to make some money the centre does cater a bit to New Agey people.

Rather than walking away in disgust, I see this as an opportunity to present some real spiritual concepts to people who are more or less on the right track, but haven't been exposed to such ideas yet. Kind of like providing a bridge between New Age dead ends and an ongoing Spiritual pathway.

I came up with the idea of presenting a talk on Silver Birch, as the teachings of a Native American spirit guide is probably a sexy enough topic to get the New Ager's attention.

What I would like to know from those here with more knowledge, are there copyright issues I need to be aware of if I want to print out some paragraphs from various Silver Birch books, and are the audio recordings of Silver Birch posted in youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFtkVRrizU ) protected under any copyright laws?

Secondly, I'm thinking about what topics to include in the talk, and any suggestions would be welcome, what I have so far is:

Introduction (a bit about Maurice Barbanell, Psychic News and Spiritualism)

The next plane of existence and why Silver Birch has made contact with this plane of existence.

"Earth is where the Steel is Forged"

Natural Law

"Service is the coin of spirit"

What happens to our animal pets when they die (this will appeal to the New Agers)

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Giving a talk on Silver Birch Empty Re: Giving a talk on Silver Birch

Post by mac Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:21 pm

sounds good!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm unable to provide the help you request - but think its a great idea and certainly something I'd like to hear. Good Luck Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Sounds good Wes. Maybe you could give them something to do at some stage as well rather than just listen.
Short questionnaire.. What do you know-and/or-think about Native American spirituality?
Get 'em talking and joining in.
Beats asking 'any questions?' (there seldom are if you do that).
Good Luck.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Was Silver Birch really a Native American?

I think I read somewhere (The Spirit Speaks) that this was simply a form he chose because it was one that would be understood and accepted by his audience.

I think the same applies to Ramadahn (Ursula Roberts) and Chan (Ivy Northage). Ramadahn had an Egyptian form and Chan a Chinese form.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:10 pm

I have just listened to one of the YouTube presentations of Silver Birch speaking through Maurice Barbanell. Fascinating.

In one of these lectures Silver Birch acknowledged being Indian.

Thanks for the link, Wes. I love listening to trance lectures. I wonder whether these are available for purchase anywhere. I'd like to listen to all of them.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm

It seems that Spirit will do what is best at the time, to convey Truth where and when possible. Our notions of 'right path' or of Spiritual evaluations have no concern for them. Reaching the Soul is their sole reason - so to speak.

It was because of this that S.B. said he had to look for an intermediate to stand between his group and his Earth instrument Barbanell, the Spiritual 'gap' being too great at that point in time to bridge, without losing meaning.

Thus we are greatly indebted to the unknown Red Indian who offered his services and so generously allowed the S. B. group - of which he often pointed out that he was only the spokesman - to communicate as often and so effectively.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Good idea Wes I think that structure will work, then hit them with the other communicators.

The only problem is that I am sure several will claim they are channelers and communicate with Archangels Michael, Metatron, with Lord Sananda and any of a wide list of odd sources. Stll that gives otehr options for you to respond about.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Michael has changed his job description title. So many 'channelers' have been insisting that he find them convenient spots to leave their cars in that he now goes by 'ParkAngel Michael'
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

KatyKing wrote:Michael has changed his job description title. So many 'channelers' have been insisting that he find them convenient spots to leave their cars in that he now goes by 'ParkAngel Michael'
Giving a talk on Silver Birch 911164 lol!
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

KatyKing wrote:Sounds good Wes. Maybe you could give them something to do at some stage as well rather than just listen.
Short questionnaire.. What do you know-and/or-think about Native American spirituality?
Get 'em talking and joining in.
Beats asking 'any questions?' (there seldom are if you do that).
Good Luck.

You've touched on one of the problems I might have, that sitting down and listening to me for an our or two might be a very unspiritual experience, so I'm looking at ways to
keep things interesting. Such as listening to a recording of Silver Birch to break things up a bit, and throwing a few of the more challenging concepts in the second half of the talk to encourage discussion.
Reincarnation and organ transplants are two things that come to mind Twisted Evil
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Reincarnation and organ transplants are two things that come to mind
Good choices I reckon it might start a few and of corse per katy your next talk could be about
'ParkAngel Michael'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 am

Quiet wrote:Was Silver Birch really a Native American?

I think I read somewhere (The Spirit Speaks) that this was simply a form he chose because it was one that would be understood and accepted by his audience.

I think the same applies to Ramadahn (Ursula Roberts) and Chan (Ivy Northage). Ramadahn had an Egyptian form and Chan a Chinese form.

In "The Silver Birch Companion" he says that he is the mouthpiece for an advanced movement that works co-operatively and uses him to voice their words in much
the same way that he uses Maurice Barbanell. Layer upon layer upon layer....

Edit: If he ever actually did incarnate on earth as a native American is never quite clarified as far as I recall.

Last edited by Wes on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addendum)
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 pm

It was the same with Red Cloud, Estelle Roberts guide. He stated Egypt as his previous incarnation. But took the image of a gentle red Indian to give his message to the world.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri May 25, 2012 8:09 am

Wes, did you deliver this talk? How was it received... Fancy sharing it here with us? I for one would be intererted in reading / learning of your findings.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sat May 26, 2012 12:55 am

Nothing has materialised yet Leslie. I suspect that as I'm not promoting a product or New Age feel-good gimmick, I might be low on the list of priorities at the spiritual centre in question. Thanks for the reminder though, I'll follow it up on Monday.

I found the most useful books for my research were "Philosophy of Silver Birch" and its sequel, as both books grouped his teachings into themed chapters.

www.amazon.co.uk has a good selection of Silver Birch books available.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat May 26, 2012 4:36 am

Wes wrote:Nothing has materialised yet Leslie. I suspect that as I'm not promoting a product or New Age feel-good gimmick, I might be low on the list of priorities at the spiritual centre in question. Thanks for the reminder though, I'll follow it up on Monday.

I found the most useful books for my research were "Philosophy of Silver Birch" and its sequel, as both books grouped his teachings into themed chapters.

www.amazon.co.uk has a good selection of Silver Birch books available.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down