SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronald Baker

+11
morriganish
Quiet
KatyKing
Mark74
Swordmaiden
Elaine T
obiwan
Maureen Harrison
hiorta
zerdini
_Leslie_
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ronald Baker - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronald Baker

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:45 pm

I reckon the evidence stacks up on the side of survival but if that's not the case absolutely nothing has been lost.
Spiritualism' a good religion with some scallywags in it but you get that everywhere.
The comfort it brings to so many outweighs all the negatives IMHO.
Bet you'll have a nice surprise from that sitting sm.
You go gal !
:-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:54 pm

I agree with KK and wish you well. swordmaiden Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordmaiden Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks guys! Smile
Swordmaiden
Swordmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Harrison Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I would not take much notice of zerdini he tends to be a keyboard warrior at times. I have noticed he gets a tad hot-and-bothered when others mention medium's he has personally known.

Maureen Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Spot on. He does know his stuff though, been around more or less since Fox sisters' day.
I'm no chicken and George was an elder statesman back when I wer a lad
;-)
How are you Maureen,keeping busy?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Harrison Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 pm

I have been poorly recently, but thank you for asking dear. I do keep an eye on here from time to time. He is knowledgeable but he should not be so insulting to others, for a gent who has sat with Silver Birch, it appears he did not learn much about attributes of the spirit.

Maureen Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Good to see you back on and hope you are on the mend now.
Weather hasn't been helping. Sunshine then hailstones here today.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:16 am

Hi Swordmaiden, without any knowledege about the events with Paul I cannot make any worthwhile comment upon his work.

What you have touched upon is one of the most difficult things the movement faces. Can a medium be trusted if they are once caught out even if much of their work is proven to be genuine. At the lower end I have seen platform mediums, who can be quite good some days, have a bad day and resort to giving known facts to friends in the audience. Eusapia Palladino was the classic case undoubtedly able to produce genuine telekenesis but would cheat as a first preference.

There is a discussion about Anders Akesonn on here a man who admitted cheating but people keep supporting him. It seems Paul got a really tough deal at the time especially given how others have survived so well despite significant questions about them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordmaiden Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am

Yes, Admin, I agree. I can imagine a Medium trying to save-face if they have an off-day. Having been in the movement for a long time (since childhood), I discovered I had "psychic" abilities. One of them being psychic portraits. I truly believed with all my heart I was doing this and the recipients were impressed and grateful. I now feel that, although I genuinly thought it was real, it was in fact, self deception. Also, the recipients are so anxious to find anything positive in the reading that they clutch at straw to make it fit. So I am not saying that all mediums are frauds, but I do feel many so want to help others that they truly believe they are in touch with spirits and, with a willing audience, it will work.
I have always been interested in the philosophy side though. Silver Birch was my hero when i was a child. Ceros' lectures were very similar.

Swordmaiden
Swordmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Nice living in psychic portraits and they are all inspired one way or t'other.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:03 pm

[quote="Swordmaiden"]
_Leslie_ wrote:
zerdini wrote:<SNIP>

I can sustantiate every word I wrote It's not rude at all. She freely admits she was naive.

I don't intend to drag other people into this let alone Paul who has moved on. Neither do I intend to feed the gossipmongers.

Yes, Zerdini, "she" felt it was a little rude but I have broad shoulders. Yes I was naive enough to trust that people who presented as honest and true were not. People who make claims cannot always live up to them. I am certainly not as trusting anymore.
However, this is not gossiping, far from it, this is trying to lay some facts out for discussion. It is pointless telling us what you know you saw without elaborating. I might be able to shed light on the occassion if I remember it, I might not. I know I was no "accomplice" and am offended that you should even suggest it. Evil or Very Mad
I am glad that most people on this site are friendly and welcoming.

Hello T....

You and Paul were invited to tea on that particular day. You may not remember but it was raining when Paul went outside to make a phone call.

it was on his return that the deception took place.

By the way, I didn't say you were an accomplice - I stated you were either an accomplice or very naive. You've admitted you were naive which is fair enough.

Comparing Ceros to Silver Birch is like comparing chalk to cheese!

You may also not remember Paul reading some of Ceros's philosophy to me over the phone and asking my opinion of it.

I've nothing further to add to this discussion except to wish you well and I hope you find what you are searching for.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordmaiden Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:49 pm

As I don't know who you are I cannot remember the incident but would have liked to know what the "incident" was; it must have been in the early 80's which is a long time ago now.
You did suggest that I may have been an accomplice.
I would like to think that Ceros was real just as I would like to believe that Silver Birch was real as they both had valuable philosophy, it is not a competition to see which guide is better than which.
However, based on my newfound realizations, I have to assume that,sadly, neither of them are real but that their "authors" were, nevertheless, quite gifted with words.
I will continue to look for evidence of them and of the goodness and kindness of human nature.
Thank you for your interest.
Swordmaiden
Swordmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Swordmaiden wrote:As I don't know who you are I cannot remember the incident but would have liked to know what the "incident" was; it must have been in the early 80's which is a long time ago now.
You did suggest that I may have been an accomplice.
I would like to think that Ceros was real just as I would like to believe that Silver Birch was real as they both had valuable philosophy, it is not a competition to see which guide is better than which.
However, based on my newfound realizations, I have to assume that,sadly, neither of them are real but that their "authors" were, nevertheless, quite gifted with words.
I will continue to look for evidence of them and of the goodness and kindness of human nature.
Thank you for your interest.

Silver Birch gave evidence of his separate identity to his medium. He did this by speaking in the direct voice through another medium.

That is the difference. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordmaiden Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:38 pm

I do wish I could remember you. I'm sure you're a nice man really.
Ceros was interesting cos his voice was not Paul's. This is what I can't reconcile. We had investigators who noted that the gruffness of the voice was because Ceros was not using Paul's vocal chords but the "secondary" vocal chords. This puzzled me until recently; I am a nurse and once a week I work on the ENT clinic and, yes, there are indeed secondary "vocal chords" or meatus flaps just by the vocal chords. This apparently explained why Paul never had a sore throat despite hours of Ceros talking.
Also interesting that while in "trance" Paul never swallowed and appeared to produce no saliva while talking. As soon as he woke up he would dribble terribly all down his shirt and was very embarassed by it.
I didn't know Silver Birch spoke by "direct voice", I thought it was some kind of automatic writing.
Whatever it was, I found it very helpful as a child; I think I wore out his Anthology.

Swordmaiden
Swordmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post by morriganish Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 pm

All Mediumship is fraudulent can be contested, yes there are those who claim they are mediumistic but they are found to be false. The Spirit exists whether someone believes it or not we still have those that gossip and cause. havoc. I,as a Medium keep away from other Mediums, jealousy is rife and if someone seems better than they the knives come out. Spite and nastiness are par for the course.
You need to be Strong in your conviction there is life after death. I will allow no-one to away my knowing of the Spirit world. Experience is the college of knowledge as a. friend of mine says. Experience has told me that there is reunion with the Spirit world. We are Souls having a human maybe what you experienced was part of it. I lived through mire like you have but. I will not let what happened change my opinion of spirit

morriganish

Back to top Go down

Post by AstralFairy32 Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:17 am

Hi all,

I am currently conducting research on the history of spiritualism. My focus is currently on Ron Baker and I came across this thread. I spotted one user stating that they had some recordings of Ron's. This is a long shot but in the hope they are still around, I would appreciate a chat with you. Thank you.

AstralFairy32

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:16 am

There is a Ron J Baker Memorial Trust https://www.facebook.com/groups/490524454406624

There is also this web site https://spiritualpathspiritualistchurch.org/ronald-j-baker-trance-medium/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AstralFairy32 Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:05 am

Thanks, I have tried contacting the man who runs the tribute site and my friend, Karen who runs the church didn't know there were any recordings.

AstralFairy32

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:45 pm

AstralFairy32 wrote:Hi all,

I am currently conducting research on the history of spiritualism. My focus is currently on Ron Baker and I came across this thread. I spotted one user stating that they had some recordings of Ron's. This is a long shot but in the hope they are still around, I would appreciate a chat with you. Thank you.

Thanks to admin's recent comment, it looks as though this is Ronald Baker on film, from October 1959 - doing his part for a mediumship demonstration filmed at the Birmingham & Midland Institute.

https://www.macearchive.org/films/midland-montage-20101960-midland-institute
(skip to 3mins.25secs)

Slatewriter

AstralFairy32 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AstralFairy32 Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:20 pm

This is amazing, thank you so much. First time I have seen and heard Ron speak. What a wonderful archive.

AstralFairy32

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:13 pm

AstralFairy32 wrote:This is amazing, thank you so much. First time I have seen and heard Ron speak. What a wonderful archive.

Same here - this was a one in a million chance find while browsing vintage newsreels.

Are you writing a book about Ronald?

Slatewriter

AstralFairy32 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:49 pm

A random look back at a world where folk lived - it appears - lives in monochrome.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:13 am

Some randon information
Attachments
Ronald Baker - Page 3 Attachment
Ronald_J_Baker_CSNU_1962_Jan_20_The_Birmingham_Mail.jpg Birmingham Mail January 20 1962You don't have permission to download attachments.(43 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Ronald_J_Baker_Glyn_Edwards_is_anyone_there_1986_Apr_11_Birmingham_Evening_Mail.jpg Birmingham Mail 11 April 1986You don't have permission to download attachments.(62 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:18 am

Some odds and ends
Attachments
Ronald J Baker DSNU1966 Apr 2nd Birminghame Evening Mail and Despatch.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Ronald_J_Baker_Kings_Heath_1984_oct_5_Sandwell_Evening_Mail.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(197 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AstralFairy32 Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:25 am

Slatewriter wrote:
AstralFairy32 wrote:This is amazing, thank you so much. First time I have seen and heard Ron speak. What a wonderful archive.

Same here - this was a one in a million chance find while browsing vintage newsreels.

Are you writing a book about Ronald?

'One in a million chance' Very Happy spirit have been helping me for a while with this research so I'm not surprised by this at all. But will always be grateful to you. Thank you so much. I am writing a book about the history of spiritualism and Ron is a big part of that story, (feel drawn to carry on his message in some way), so yes, I am writing a book about him. In a sense, meeting him for the first time aged 24, is very fitting. Really happy about your find. Well done!

AstralFairy32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next