SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mediumship - Natural Or developed?

+7
zerdini
Quiet
Lis
_Leslie_
Admin
obiwan
hiorta
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mediumship - Natural Or developed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mediumship - Natural Or developed?

Post by zerdini Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 am

obiwan wrote:Hi _Leslie_ - who are the 'great online masters'? (Or was that sarcasm? ) Smile

I am puzzled by the seeming absence of mediums such as Flint, Sloan, Alec Harris etc. I suspect there have never been many such around at the same time. There are perhaps one or to who claim to be able to demonstrate the Independent Direct Voice, but don't. It's a pity as I think it is potentially far more evidential the clairvoyance.

The 'I want it now' culture may be well-established in western societies but it is a lot more recent in other cultures - where are these mediums in other parts of the world? Having said that even in other cultures and our own, most folks are still busy but spend their time trying to make enough to simply live. There are however countless thousands even in the UK who devotes a great deal of their time to hobbies and voluntary work so I am not so sure it has anything to do with folks not being prepared to commit. Perhaps the problem comes from the other side?

There must be many people who would be perfectly willing to devote time to development if they had a hint of what was possible or that they had some talent that could serve others.

If there are good clairvoyants, why no effective physical mediums? Could it be that they simply take the easier route. Having said that I can't say I have seen much evidence of decent clairvoyance either really.

A very sad, but true situation, and one with which I concur.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Mediumship - Natural Or developed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mediumship - Natural Or developed?

Post by mac Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Quiet wrote:I am not English and I don't know how well Lorraine Holloway-White is known in the UK. I have read one of her books and thought it was quite sensible and down to earth. I bought it as an self published e-book on Amazon.

The criticisms she makes of the state of mediumship in the UK are very similar to ones I've heard here.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I make my assessment on what she has written. I'd like to see her work as a medium but obviously can't. Not all good mediums work under the auspice of Spiritualism. I have no reason to doubt anything she says. She clearly has set up her website, written her books and established her practice because she was driven to do it and felt frustrated with what is currently happening in the UK. Nothing wrong with that on the surface.

The Spiritualist philosophy is not a lot different from other beautiful philosophies. I've heard some good speakers and some awful ones. Each spiritualist church where I live runs things a little differently.

I think that good, authentic mediumship is what distinguishes Spiritualism from other beautiful philosophies, however. Sometimes you do see good mediumship brought together with good teaching, lecturing, inspirational work as well and such times are to be savoured.

"She clearly has set up her website, written her books and established her practice because she was driven to do it and felt frustrated with what is currently happening in the UK. Nothing wrong with that on the surface." Although this doesn't negate the thrust of your sentence, I was under the impression that Lorraine doesn't live in the UK - is that right?

If so I can't see why she'd be concerned about the situation there....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 am

I think she does live in the UK, mac. Her e-books are written from that perspective.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:47 am

Quiet wrote:I think she does live in the UK, mac. Her e-books are written from that perspective.

I must be muddled - maybe something she said that gave me the wrong impression.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by morriganish Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:58 am

Mediums are born not made therefore are classed as Natural Mediums It is only Mediums that can access. Spirit. Psychics can access NOTHING but the auric energies of an Individual and the physical energy. Medium should be able to state the characteristics of a Spirit person who is telepathically giving information to them. and then that is passed on to recipient s
Psychics pick up. up info from an individual. Such as sadness, rows and thoughtforms

morriganish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2