SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mediumship and magnetism

2 posters

Go down

mediumship and magnetism Empty mediumship and magnetism

Post by Azur Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:02 pm

What are the connections, magnetism was very popular doing the 1800s, what was it all about, and what was it's connections with spiritualism, it's a subject I never followed.

Azur

Back to top Go down

mediumship and magnetism Empty Re: mediumship and magnetism

Post by Admin Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Azur,

I will try and post something upon this. By the way in the early days of Spiritualism there was often some cross over between the old school of magnetic mediums, trance induced by hypnotism and the type of trance we see now.

Of course none of the magnetic mediumship believed Spirit was in any way involved and the linkage was through the effects of animal magnetism.

Obviously the best known magnetic medium was Andrew Jackson Davis who was active well before. However look at the Didier brothers and others.

I wrote an article on Psychometry which appeared in two parts in the penultimate and final edition of Psychic News before the SNU closed it (thank God its coming back soon) which mentions Didier and other elements the split Psychometry gives between gathering information from the universal energy field (psychic force call it what you will) and from using it in relation to a loved one in Spirit.

Of course amongst the other things buried deep in the forum you will find something about Mesmer here
http://spiritualismlink.forumotion.com/t181-background-and-beginnings

Magnetic Healing is healing using your own energy not Spirit of course.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Azur,

I will try and post something upon this. By the way in the early days of Spiritualism there was often some cross over between the old school of magnetic mediums, trance induced by hypnotism and the type of trance we see now.

Of course none of the magnetic mediumship believed Spirit was in any way involved and the linkage was through the effects of animal magnetism.

Obviously the best known magnetic medium was Andrew Jackson Davis who was active well before. However look at the Didier brothers and others.

I wrote an article on Psychometry which appeared in two parts in the penultimate and final edition of Psychic News before the SNU closed it (thank God its coming back soon) which mentions Didier and other elements the split Psychometry gives between gathering information from the universal energy field (psychic force call it what you will) and from using it in relation to a loved one in Spirit.

Of course amongst the other things buried deep in the forum you will find something about Mesmer here
http://spiritualismlink.forumotion.com/t181-background-and-beginnings

Magnetic Healing is healing using your own energy not Spirit of course.

Thanks Jim

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down