SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Harrison passes to spirit

5 posters

Go down

Tom Harrison passes to spirit Empty Tom Harrison passes to spirit

Post by Susan Farrow Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:46 pm

My dear friend Tom Harrison, an indomitable and tireless pioneer for the truth of Spiritualism, has passed to spirit at the age of 92, following a short illness.

Without doubt he will have been met by a vast crowd of loved ones and pioneers who will have rejoiced at his coming home. Prime among them will have been his mother Minnie, a great materialisation medium whose marvellous story he has told again and again over a period of 50 years or more.

Please pray for him, and for his dear wife Ann, who has been the most loving of companions to him and is understandably heartbroken at the physical loss of such a unique and wonderful man.

Susan Farrow
Susan Farrow
Susan Farrow

Back to top Go down

Tom Harrison passes to spirit Empty Re: Tom Harrison passes to spirit

Post by Lis Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Our prayers are with Tom, that his transition into the Spirit realms will be peaceful and he will be welcomed by many who will rejoice that he has arrived. I have no doubt that his mother will be among those who greet him and assist him in his adjustment to the new life before him.

Our prayers are are also flowing out to Toms wife Ann, that in this time of personal sorrow, she will be comforted by the knowledge that her husband has gone home but will not have forgotten her, nor will he cease to be at her side whenever she needs him.

Death can never truly separate those who share love, and once he has 'aclimatised' himself in his new surroundings, I am sure Tom will once again make his presence felt and will find a way to let us all know that he is alive and well.

Till then, my sincere condolences to Ann and all those who hold Tom dear. His passing is a sad loss for our world.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Farrow Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Thank you, Lis, for your lovely words. Ann will see them in due course, I know, and will I am sure be comforted by them. Tom 's physical death is an enormous loss to the many people who know and love him, and to the Spiritualist movement as a whole. However, I have no doubt at all that once he has settled in the world for which he was such an incredible ambassador, he will again be working as tirelessly as ever to make known the truth to which he dedicated his life - that we cannot die for the life of us.

Susan Farrow
Susan Farrow
Susan Farrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 pm

This is a very sad loss. I never knew Tom personally but he was a man I had a great deal of respect for. He was a Spiritualist in every true sense of the word. As Susan Farrow has so rightly said, he was an incredible ambassador for our movement. I can only wish that we had many more like him. My sincere condolences to Ann and family.

Bill

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 am

A wonderful obituary, written by Susan Farrow, has been published upon Paranormal Review.
Tom Harrison: ambassador of spirit

http://paranormalreview.com/articles/20101024

Wonderful piece of writing. I join in offering my condolences to Ann, his family and close friends.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tom Harrison passes to spirit Empty Ave Atque Vale

Post by zerdini Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:46 am

Having just experienced a personal bereavement, my sincere condolences to the families of David Fontana and Tom Harrison whom I both knew personally.

A tribute to both will be posted later.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Tom Harrison passes to spirit Empty Tom Harrison Tribute

Post by zerdini Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I first met Tom Harrison in the 1970’s at the Arthur Findlay College, Stansted Hall, when he gave a lecture on his mother’s extraordinary materialisation mediumship in their private home circle.

At that time he and I were the only two, on the course, who had ever experienced full form materialisations.
Up until last year I had met only five people who had experienced full form materialisations.

Last year I was introduced to a man in his late seventies who, when he was eighteen, had sat in an Alec Harris materialisation séance.

He has never forgotten that experience to this day!

On the 20th January 1991, Tom gave a talk on his mother’s materialisation mediumship for the newly-formed Noah’s Ark Society.

Since that time I sat in a number of circles with him not only at NAS seminars but also with Stuart Adamson’s home circle.

The sitters in the home circle at that time were Ray and June Lister, Gaynor Singleton and Mike Adamson.

In February, May and June 1993 the NAS featured on their magazine covers some of the photos, supplied by Tom, of a trumpet held by an ectoplasmic rod, a materialised baby and apported violets and ectoplasm cascading from Minnie’s mouth while in deep trance.

The published photographs caused some controversy and criticism within the pages of the magazine particularly from those who had never experienced such things.

In August 1993 Tom Harrison wrote in the Ark Review that he took the photographs using infra-red photography.

"I was to activate the lighting equipment through the glass Wratten filter. As the Wratten filter is extremely deep ruby red in colour and the light was an instantaneous millisecond flash, it was quite impossible to see anything with the naked eye but we were very thrilled by the eventual result."

He also added: "I would never dispute the right of anyone to make such valid comments about such very unusual, rare and unique photographs, taken by myself in complete darkness with very basic and unsophisticated infra-red equipment which was available in those days (1948), but I would only hope that they would accept my solemn affirmation that such was not the case and they are all genuine photographs of ectoplasmic spirit manifestations - and I still have the original glass plates in my possession for anyone to see."

In 2008 on this forum I wrote: “I know what he has written is correct because I have seen his notebooks in which he kept careful records of all that took place. In addition my own experiences in materialisation with Alec Harris are very similar.

I have no doubt that what he has written is absolutely factual.”

His book, Life After Death - Living Proof: A Lifetime's Experiences of Physical Phenomena and Materialisations Through the Mediumship of Minnie Harrison (Revised Edition) is available through Amazon.

Ave atque vale, Tom.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down