SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gordon Higginson Website

5 posters

Go down

New Gordon Higginson Website Empty New Gordon Higginson Website

Post by Martin T Sun May 24, 2009 8:49 pm

For those interested in the mediumship and teachings of the late medium Gordon Higginson, I have recently launched a website about him at:

http://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/

The ultimate aim of the website is to preserve his memory, showcase his mediumship, preserve his teachings and make them accessible to a modern audience. The website is designed to provide biographical information about Gordon, as well as making both video and audio recordings of his teachings and demonstrations available online to a wider audience in the hope that they will inspire and motivate others as they have me. A number of videos and audio recordings are already posted (including those detailed in the post below) and I intend to to upload some video of him teaching over the coming months, as well as additional audio recordings.

Another aim of mine is to collect and compile together audio and video recordings of Gordon demonstrating and teaching and make them available to all who would like to see or hear him. Samples of what I have collect will be uploaded on the website. If you have any audio or video recordings of Gordon demonstrating, giving lectures or talking, I would very much like to obtain copies for inclusion in this project. Copies of all recordings collected will also be provided to the SNU and the Britten Memorial Museum at Stansted Hall to ensure that this important material is not lost to future generations. By way of a thank you, I am happy to send you digitised, cleaned up copies of any tapes or videos you can provide plus a copy of the final product with all recordings.

I am also seeking photographs of Gordon, any of his written teachings and also Presidential Addresses and New Year Messages that he gave whilst in office as SNU President. Further information on the information wanted can be found on the following pages:

http://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/#/help-needed/4532866478

http://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/#/his-teachings/4532866324

I do hope you will visit the site and I would appreciate any comments on the current content or what you would like to see on it in the future.

Best regards

Martin Twycross

Martin T

Back to top Go down

New Gordon Higginson Website Empty Re: New Gordon Higginson Website

Post by tmmw Sun May 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Hello Martin,

Thank you so much for sharing the link to your most interesting website on Gordon Higginson. It is wonderful to know that Gordon's teachings and information about his mediumship are being preserved and shared with people.

Take care,
Lynn

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 am

Hi Martin

An excellent website - long overdue - congratulations!

As a matter of interest what is your connection to Gordon Higginson? How well did you know him etc?

Kind regards

Zerdini

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 25, 2009 7:09 am

Hi Martin,

I totally agree with Z's comments the web site is a wonderful idea, if in my researches I come accross anything I will let you know.

Best Regards
Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin T Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 am

Thanks for your positive words about the website.

I personally never knew Gordon as I came to spiritualism long after he passed to spirit. I have received teaching from a number of tutors trained by Gordon and I am very interested in his teachings and his mediumship.

After hearing some taped lectures of Gordon, my interest was sparked and I have spent the last year or so collecting material and interviewing many who knew Gordon.

My biggest concern was that a lot of the recorded material and memories of Gordon would be lost if it was not collected and pulled together. Of course, everything I collect needs to be shared so that it can be of use to those interested.

Best wishes

Martin

Martin T

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon May 25, 2009 11:44 am

Hi Martin

Thanks for your prompt response.

I knew Gordon personally for over twenty years and attended his 'Spiritual Awareness' weeks in particular plus numerous physical seances.

In spite of what people claim Gordon never actually trained anyone in particular. They may have attended his courses as lots of people did. He was far too busy travelling all over the UK to spare the time for individual tuition.

I had lots of private sittings with him over the years, in many different parts of the country, as I organised and chaired public meetings and seminars at which he was often the principal speaker and demonstrator.

I stayed at his home on occasions and got to know his mother very well. She, too, was a brilliant medium and I treasure the memories of private sittings with her.

I was also the first person he returned to in a physical seance which was recordrd and made front page news in Psychic News at the time.

I hope your website goes from strength to strength and if I can help in any way I would be happy to do so.

Kind regards

Zerdini

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon May 25, 2009 12:12 pm

This is a good idea. I went to another site purporting to have some connection to Gordon and it had all sorts of freaky stuff on it. This is MUCH better. As an aside, I don't think the biography did him justice having heard Z's opinions on the man and having watched the vids.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin T Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Again thanks for your comments.

obiwan, can I ask which biography you think does not do him justice? Do you mean the bio notes on my site, the biography compiled by Jean Bassett or another one?

The notes about him I have put on the website on the "About Gordon" page are an intitial starting point and I plan to add additional material about his early development, his wartime experiences, the development of his trance and physical mediumship and also his healing. It just takes time to do the research and pull all my notes together!

For me, he is an inspiriation and it is good to keep his memory alive.

Best wishes

Martin

Martin T

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Martin

I meant the Jean Bassett book. I got the impression from it of a rather humourless and somewhat egotistical character. Having spoken to someone who knew him I believe the opposite was the case and that it was simply poorly written, in the sense that it didn't capture his personality at all.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin T Mon May 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi obiwan

I understand what you are saying and I agree that the biography "On the Side of Angels" does not capture the warmth, humour and great charisma of Gordon which is much more evident in video and audio recordings of him.

Having spoken with Jean. I know the book itself was very difficult to produce since Gordon did not write anything down and would not stay in one place long enough for her to get the information out of him. The book is actually based on several tapes that Gordon dictated about his life as well as a couple of taped interviews with him and anecdotes taken from lectures. At the time Gordon recorded the tapes, he was not a well man and some of his spark is sadly missing. In addition, Jean had to do a search of the Psychic News archives to try and fill in many of the blanks.

Given the limited material Jean had and the problems she faced, I think she did a good job. I know that the vast majority of the book is Gordon's words since I have a copy of one of the tapes and it is practically verbatim. However, the way Gordon spoke was not always conducive to being transcribed into the written word and the same anecdote written down loses an enormous amount compared to how he tells it with his timing, humour and the laughter of an audience. I would much prefer that it was an audiobook read by Gordon in front of an audience!

Best wishes

Martin

Martin T

Back to top Go down

New Gordon Higginson Website Empty Gordons voice and manner

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 9:15 am

Thank-you for placing all the information on your site especially the good mans voice I have heard many people in so called trance use-ing his voice and of his guides. I tried to get good recordings for a comparison even on this site to no avail. Thank-you again Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down