SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Centre of The Spiritualist Alliance in Lake Pleasan

2 posters

Go down

Historic Centre of The Spiritualist Alliance in Lake Pleasan Empty Historic Centre of The Spiritualist Alliance in Lake Pleasan

Post by Admin Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:00 pm

Declining numbers attending Centres are a continuing story. After Covid numbers have not recovered and we are attracting very few new people to our events, all we seem to be doing is recycling past attendees in decreasing numbers. When I mention Spiritualism to people, which I do on a regular basis, even when I attend company board meetings, no one has the slightest idea what it is. The so called "Spiritualist Newspaper" Psychic News went almost full on Psychic when it arose from the dead and is hardly a place that attracts people to Spiritualism. Indeed that paper itself may be history by the end of 2024.

This one is rather tragic, it is the group that stood alone and trod its own path over the issue of reincarnation, they wanted it in the principles of Spiritualism, whereas the main organisations (despite the strong opinions of some in favour of reincarnation) reject it in line with the message from Spirit in Stainton Moses's great book Spirit Teachings. So the Spiritualist Alliance stood alone. Well it has lasted longer than many NSAC Churches. This organisation has only 62 centres and exist in 20 states of the USA a sad fall from well over a thousand.

Sad to lose a little piece of Spiritualism's history.
https://www.recorder.com/In-wake-of-declining-membership-Spiritual-Alliance-to-close-Lake-Pleasant-temple-for-winter-56178367

Closure of Historic Spiritual Alliance in Mount Pleasant
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Historic Centre of The Spiritualist Alliance in Lake Pleasan Empty Re: Historic Centre of The Spiritualist Alliance in Lake Pleasan

Post by mac Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:35 pm

As I wrote elsewhere here just a few minutes ago, perhaps the beginning of the end for Modern Spiritualism......  

We Spiritualists don't have a monopoly on the simple message of survival and perhaps we need to acknowledge that others may be able to deliver it in a way more suited to this new millennium?

Last edited by mac on Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tidying up)

mac

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down