SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums

2 posters

Go down

Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums Empty Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums

Post by Admin Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:35 am

Interesting concept, it could actually suggest we are validating a level of Fortune Telling; also allowing mediums to give messages where there is no conclusive evidence of from whom or where they come. There is a lot of that already in Aus and I worry it will just legitimise Psychism in the eyes of many. Anyone's other thoughts. (Dictionary definition of a seer is a person who is able to see, or a person who is able to see into the future; this can be extended to One who foretells the future; a clairvoyant, prophet, soothsayer or diviner.)

I am not sure we should persuade mediums to allow themselves to think of themselves as Wise One's; they are the means of communicating from Spirit to an individual and this does not make them wiser than others. Even in trance, provided it is full trance not the ramblings of their own thoughts and subconcious, we would only receive the wisdom of the guide, the prior existence of the
guide can be difficult to prove so we must assess the content of the material. Is my personal higher self really able to give truly wise advice and foretelling.

Given Tony is an AFC tutor will we see this appearing at that August Institute; despite the SNU ban on fortune telling and certficate holding mediums working as Psychics.

I am personally uncomfortable to see this added into mediumship training but I suspect it will be hugely popular. However, I can see some big ego's developing from mediums claiming to be capable of seership, some may find this significantly easier than actually working as a bona fide medium.

Two 1 Day Workshops-Tony Stockwell and Louise Hermann-Sat 23rd March and Sun 24th March 2019

World Renown UK Spirit Medium and author Tony Stockwell will be joining Sydney based medium Louise Hermann for an exciting Two 1 day workshops in a supportive and relaxed environment. Tony is known for his television work including The Psychic Detectives, Street Psychic, Best of British Mediumship, Sixth Sense, Mystery of Body 115, Psychic Private Eyes and Legend Detectives. Tony has demonstrated across the UK, Europe, US, NZ and Australia. Louise has also conducted more than 700 public demonstrations of mediumship and authored two books.

Open to students with previous development experience-no beginners please.

Day1-Evidential Mediumship Masterclass-BRING THE SPIRIT WORLD TO LIFE

When you embrace spirit as a living and vibrant power, it steps you out of the past and into the present in your mediumship. As believers in eternal progression of the human soul, it's very limiting to just focus on their past physical life when their life in spirit goes on. Embrace the LIVING SPIRIT and listen to what they have to say about NOW. How is their life in the spirit world? What do they currently feel about earthly situations and what can they offer back to those they love, through their vantage point of view? Include new evidential aspects in your mediumship to bring colour, vibrancy and a real sense that those we love are still with us and living a life in spirit.

There is a point when mediumship needs to be about more than fact after fact, a time where the medium works so closely with the spirit world to really bring through the personality, intricacies and eccentricities of the communicator. Re-evaluate your evidence in readings and REALLY bring the SPIRIT WORLD TO LIFE.

Day2-Bringing Seership in your Messages

Our spiritual gifts are endless and the power that lies within each of us is immeasurable. In this exciting workshop, you will delve into aspects of Seership to compliment and work alongside your psychic work and mediumship. There are many more ways to work with the POWER OF SPIRIT than is often acknowledged. In ages past people like us would have been called the 'Wise Ones' providing guidance from the higher self and allowing their 'Soul's Knowingness' to flow. This workshop enables you to uncover your innate 'Soul's Insight' to reveal truths often shielded by just the mechanics of mediumship.

Allow this workshop to take you on a journey to discover the natural way of the Seer. These ancient practises await you and may prove invaluable in your future Spirit work. Come along with an open heart and lots of enthusiasm. We hope you'll have fun and learn much of the power of your own unique spiritual gifts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums Empty Re: Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums

Post by mac Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 am

At the usual risk of sounding like a long play record (remember them?) does it much matter to a movement that looks all-but moribund anyway? Does it matter to the officers of the AFC and the SNU that one of its tutors will be teaching seership elsewhere? It appears it doesn't.

Modern Spiritualism, with its mediums and simple teachings about survival, is all but finished anyway in my view. Less pessimistically we could say it's run its intended course and what's left are elements peripheral to the important issues. Are the AFC and the SNU relevant or important now?

When Spiritualism's former mouthpiece, Psychic News, sells itself as a colour magazine for MBS - mind, body, spirit - and Spiritualism is an also-ran, should we be concerned what modern-day practitioners are learning to do to entertain those who seek them out?

If folk nowadays are looking more for psychism or seership should Modern Spiritualism care?

mac

Back to top Go down

Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums Empty Re: Did I miss something when did we teach Seership to mediums

Post by Admin Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:36 am

Hi Mac,

Ther are a few of us who run centres that do care and are trying to train mediums to develop in the right way. The message of Spiritualism is entirely valid, even in todays world. Its the way we sell it that is killing it. Poor talks, indifferent mediumship poorly presented and with no evidence will finish it because we will never re engage with the mix of people drawn to it previously. I doubt I would return if I saw some of what I hear.

However, I retain some hope albeit I think the Ministerial SNU is barking in totally the wrong direction in trying to join the establshments of other religions. All crowded on one big ark with no flood to help them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Mac,

Ther are a few of us who run centres that do care and are trying to train mediums to develop in the right way. The message of Spiritualism is entirely valid, even in todays world. Its the way we sell it that is killing it. Poor talks, indifferent mediumship poorly presented and with no evidence will finish it because we will never re engage with the mix of people drawn to it previously. I doubt I would return if I saw some of what I hear.

However, I retain some hope albeit I think the Ministerial SNU is barking in totally the wrong direction in trying to join the establshments of other religions. All crowded on one big ark with no flood to help them.

Oh at an individual level I totally agree with your approach, Jim - I'm still a Spiritualist and Modern Spiritualism's message of survival underpins everything I do. When I can I refer seekers to its churches and ceners and I appreciate and agree with your approach to helping aspiring mediums be all they can be. For me a medium is what we both understand a medium to be.

It's today's 'corporate' approach and message I don't care for.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down