SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs

4 posters

Go down

Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs Empty Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs

Post by Left Behind Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 am

Here's an interesting quote from a rather incomprehensible little booklet entitled UNSEEN FORCES, by Manly P. Hall:

"The latter group (known also as etheric shells) are the etheric bodies of individuals who, in passing out at death, have gone on to the astral plane. Casting off the etheric body soon after the physical form, they leave it behind in the ethers, where it slowly disintegrates. These shells are the basis of the greater percentage of mediumistic manifestations, A FACT WHICH CAN BE DETERMINED ONLY THROUGH AN EXAMINATION OF THE EYEBALLS OF THE MEDIUM." [my emphasis]

Most of this is Blavatsky / Theosophical wackiness: but the part about examining the medium's eyeballs seems to be Mr. Hall's own bizarre contribution.

Has anyone heard this before: or have the slightest idea what he's talking about?

Last edited by Left Behind on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs Empty Re: Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs

Post by Jane Lyzell Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:22 am

well Silver Birch says he took an astral body to reatch Maurice Barbarnell as a medium so Yeas ther is left overs to use Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs Empty Re: Etheric shells and mediums' eyeballs

Post by Left Behind Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Jane Lyzell wrote:well Silver Birch says he took an astral body to reatch Maurice Barbarnell as a medium so Yeas ther is left overs to use Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But did Silver Birch --- or the entity behind Silver Birch --- really use an empty etheric shell? Or was it an intermediary consciousness, used as a kind of step-up transformer between a high spirit realm and the earth realm?

It's mainly the idea bout examining the medium's eyeballs that amuses me. Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:17 pm

The BLavatsky idea is bunkum, like musch of her work Jim try reading Madam Blavatsky's Baboon. It caused teh schism between she and Emma Harding Britten who was a founding comittee member when the Theosophical Organisation was first formed in New York.

Blabatsky's mediumship was hammered by both the SPR and DD Home, who knew her from his days in Paris. He reaction was to call the fall out the 'Great Crisis for Spiritualism' which drew even more into the fray. like Andrew Jackson Davis. Its a long study but I am astounded that Theosophy became so strong and long lasting given the issues surrounding its founder and then another leader who was an acknowledged Paedophile.

I suspect Annie Besant restored some confidence in it as a movement.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 am

And it's all just history anyway.... Does it matter any more - if it ever really did?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:19 am

Probably true Mac but I do get theosophists attending my open group occasionally and when theer is Spirit communication they still repeat the Blavatsky line that all we are communicating with is the astral remnant. So its useful to know the history.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 am

Admin wrote:Probably true Mac but I do get theosophists attending my open group occasionally and when theer is Spirit communication they still repeat the Blavatsky line that all we are communicating with is the astral remnant. So its useful to know the history.

I can see that, Jim but I wonder how much weight your argument carries. It might be my age but I find now I just can't be bothered engaging such folk.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:34 am

If I remeber right Blavatsky tried to sitt fore physical mediumship and failed (she was spiritualist from the beginning) and becourse it dident woork fore here she clamed itdosnent existed and started the theosophie bilt on mentel mediumship.
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:54 pm

I often feel that the whole esoteric / mystic / occult community is composed largely of consumers who are trying to buy something that helps bring something interesting to their otherwise uninteresting lives: and producers who are selling them what they want. Rolling Eyes

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Left Behind wrote:I often feel that the whole esoteric / mystic / occult community is composed largely of consumers who are trying to buy something that helps bring something interesting to their otherwise uninteresting lives: and producers who are selling them what they want. Rolling Eyes
New age begins whit them is my upinjon
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 am

On another of my regular websites someone wrote that she says 'new age' in the way that rhymes with 'sewage'. That tickled me! Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down