SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary mannion videos

+9
obiwan
Slatewriter
hiorta
Jane Lyzell
Lis
Admin
mac
Neilos
SeanceBells
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gary mannion videos - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary mannion videos

Post by mac Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:53 pm

SeanceBells wrote:
Lis wrote:Having looked again, and studied at some length the videos that show Gary Mannion fraudulently impersonating spirit, and spirit phenomena, I find myself even more angry than I was at first, espe.....................e action to cancel those events to protect their members and attendees against such a despicable cheat. I pray they do, for if not, they must be held as responsible as Mannion is for perpetuating deception on innocent people.

you hit the nail on the head here, and the disappointment i feel is nothing to the anger i feel at the mockery he has made of spirit. th fact that he continues and tries to find excuses is laughable.
on a less agressive note, fraud is fraud and new policies as well as lighter conditions are needed now.

This individual has simply taken advantage of those who attended his show and the event organisers.  Both  would reasonably have expected a demonstration of physical mediumship and not flim-flam.  

Mannion did not mock spirit - 'spirit' is not an organisation, not an individual, not an entity.  Our discarnate friends were not mocked as none of them was involved.  I expect they will strongly disapprove of what's happened but are probably more understanding and tolerant of human frailty than we are.  

It's important that event organisers who have scheduled similar shows should be made aware of these videos and allowed to draw their own conclusions before deciding whether to go ahead.  It is, after all, their responsibility to try to provide reputable demonstrators.

Last edited by mac on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanceBells Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 pm

my apologies, thank you for the correction. i agree wih everything you ahve said

SeanceBells

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanceBells Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

update: gary has made a statement

Statement: A bigger statement will come soon for now what I will say is. In regards to the seance in question. The room was searched before the seance started, I was searched by 2 independent people, I was tied up by 2 independent people, we had the end cut of the cable ties as we normally do so that they could be proved to be the same cable ties at the end. I went into trance, I woke up at the end of the seance still cable tied. At the end of the seance the 2 people who tied me up were asked to recheck the cable ties and everyone else was given the chance to check the table ties before they were cut off. My team also state they were in control throughout the seance. A bigger statement will come sooner. In the mean time I understand people have a lot of questions but if your going to put hurtful nasty comments I will simply block you. This whole incident may of thrown the spiritual movement into disarray and i think thats a good thing. Those who have been to my seances before judge me on what you have experienced for yourself. Going forward I will strive to gather as much evidence as I can and continue to work in more and more lighted conditions. A bigger statement will follow in the near future if thats not enough for you feel free to unfriend me and not comment to my posts!

If you have any questions please private message them to me and I will do my best to answer them!

SeanceBells

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:07 pm

What utter rubbish. He went into trance. His ('spirit'??) team were in control throughout the séance.

Ergo, whatever happened in the séance room was the 'spirit' controls responsibility. So, it is his 'spirit' team who got him out of the cable ties, got him to walk around the séance room waving trumpets about, lifting balls, moving chairs, taking his clothes off so people could feel his?a spirit's? belly and chest, etc., etc., while he was in an unconscious state.

So, his 'spirit team' got him unknowingly?? to impersonate spirit in order to deceive the people in the room, and enable him to fraudulently obtain money for not producing the phenomena he allegedly was able to produce.

I am so weary of such idiotic nonsense excuses for fraudulent behaviour that people are expected to accept. Why on earth would any rational person believe this 'statement' from someone who has, in the videos, clearly been revealed as carrying out the 'phenomena' allegedly the work of spirit.

Spirits don't cheat. Fraudulent mediums do.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:14 pm

Well said Lis

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Well it seems to me, if a purported medium doesn't know what is happening in the séance room when they are 'in trance' but it turns out that while in the 'trance state' they are found to be impersonating spirit, they should immediately stop holding séances purporting to materialise spirit, since they haven't been doing that, and retire from the physical phenomena field forever.

Fat chance that Mannion will.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:06 am

Lis wrote:Well it seems to me, if a purported medium doesn't know what is happening in the séance room when they are 'in trance' but it turns out that while in the 'trance state' they are found to be impersonating spirit, they should immediately stop holding séances purporting to materialise spirit, since they haven't been doing that, and retire from the physical phenomena field forever.

Fat chance that Mannion will.

Exactly my sentiments.  If I give him the benefit of doubt, if he was being controlled, then he needs to stop what he's been doing.  Then when he's mades changes, when he can't be controlled, he should show that's the case by having another video made showing him securely immobilised at the same time as phenomena are occurring.

And he needs to check out "his team" as they don't appear that trustworthy or dependable....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:16 am

His 'team' are clearly not trustworthy, if they (assuming they even exist, of course) are willing to pretend that they are walking around the room and producing phenomena when they are not.

I don't believe the 'spirit has taken over Mannion's body, so it's really spirit walking around' defense. Either spirit has materialised and is walking around the room, and not in Mannion's body, or it's the medium walking around pretending to be a spirit.

If there really were any spirits involved, and they had any integrity, they would announce 'we have taken over our medium's body in order to walk about and produce phenomena.'

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:09 am

I agree. What a shameful exercise and response.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:40 am

The following is a statement released by "the Spirit teams [sic] home-circle," that is the circle of the Wallacia Centre in NSW and the 'spirit' source of the statement is undoubtedly through the 'trance mediumship' of Gary Mannion.

'Who is in control during a séance? Statement by a spirit team, who's way of working is questioned. Direct answers in regards to sitter’s questions stated by the... team during home-circle. Posted with permission from the spirit team. Transcript and recording available to those that I (Inge Crosson), as circle leader, trust to be true and trustworthy.

"The time has come to re-evaluate physical mediumship and prevent its destruction. We are aware of the damage which has been done to the medium, but he will not be the only medium who will be subjected to this. We are obliged to work with the other teams as well and yes, we may have used this medium as the first port of call, but he won’t be the last, as the wheels are in motion. We are not the only team which has been asked to put their medium through this and are aware he is not the only medium in the firing line and other teams go through a similar process.

"It is not our intention to ridicule or destroy that medium, especially as we work with this medium, but we all, on our side of life, do understand that there is a greater picture and a greater desire from your side of life. Sometimes we must destroy and establish structure in order to change. Indeed, you yet have to understand physical mediumship. Many of your world will not understand and that is fine, as has been happening in the past with physical mediumship as well. Many who have been put down and were neglected by your side of life are now revered. (Inge’s note: read about defamation of Helen Duncan, Gordon Higginson, Alec Harris etc.) This will raise awareness of physical mediumship on your side of life and will draw many back to home-circle and redevelopment. This is a necessary fact of what we want to achieve with your side of life. Yes, sacrifices will be made and have been made before.

"On the grander picture this is about changing your movement and your understanding, and indeed within the circles and smaller groups, it gives us an opportunity to try new things and make improvements for the long run. We can attempt a lot more in a safer, smaller environment than what we were achieving in a public sitting. And this is not just with this medium, but with all other mediums. We have a greater opportunity to achieve greater things with your side of life and this will change the movement for the better. We are not the only team and work in collaboration with other teams to improve your movement. There is a need to upset the movement, to put questions in people’s minds to evaluate what is happening in a séance room and our capabilities, to raise knowledge, awareness and understanding. If questions are raised, we are happy to answer them. At the moment, this is the best way forward for us.

"Do understand, we gave the medium the impression not to sit and the location of the camera, but again, we were given the signal to go ahead with permission from the medium, so we worked the best way we could and work with what is our limitation. We have worked with your technology if and when we have chosen to and we have been happy with the results, but we do that at a time and place when we dictate and the time and energy is right to do so. The best argument we can give you with your statement going forward is, we worked with the situation which was provided to us. Under different circumstances we would have attempted to work differently. Just because your equipment cannot pick up everything we were attempting, does not mean fraud is automatically the result, as has been demonstrated by other mediums throughout the years. In regards to the night in question, yes, we used the medium as our blueprint, as the base to work from. Indeed, if we had not gone through it this way, it would have manifested in another way, in a more harmful way for the medium’s body. (Inge’s note: During a séance here, a loose light socket caused the light to come on while the medium was outside the cabinet tied in the chair, and ectoplasm was being extruded from his fingertips and nose and eyes. The medium was very ill for over 3 weeks).

"In regards to the night in question, that was a great opportunity for us to experiment to try something different and indeed, many who sat there that night were worked with and they felt our side of life and their loved ones and they experienced phenomena. Yes, we used the medium as a blueprint, as a base to extract that phenomena, but what they experienced for themselves was real.

"As we have spoken earlier, it’s a new experience for us as we normally work with the ectoplasm and it was a very different and strange experience and indeed, when we work that way we work with the medium's mind and the personality. And indeed, we are happy with that experiment and I know from your side of life you do not understand it and are unhappy, which we hope to correct, but we were happy with what we were able to achieve.

"Also, as I said in regards to the cable ties, indeed as we have demonstrated with this medium and with other mediums, if we wish to go beyond the restraints we will do so and we have done so. Indeed, because your side of life has become so caught up on what is genuine and what is fraud, you see the cable ties as a means of restraining the medium, whereas the cable ties are there for the medium's protection. If we were to try to experiment and we need to subdue the body, it prevents injury to the medium, but as it has been demonstrated with multiple mediums, that if we wish to work beyond the cable ties we can do so. (Inge’s note: example - during checking by sitter, she noticed that the medium’s arms were tied to the front of the chair and the lower half of his body was towards the back of the chair and in another sitting the lower part of the body was missing all together. Another time, Imelda was asked to check the ties and then move back for 2 seconds and then forward to check again and the medium's onesie was flying out of the cabinet with the medium still securely tied.)

"It is not a necessity of the cable ties that is a misunderstanding from your side of life. The cameras which were used in the incident in question would not pick up on a lot of what happened in the room that night." (Inge’s note: Medium was tied at the beginning and still tied at the end of the séance and independent sitters verified that they were the same cable-ties through the way they cut them when tying him up)"

Released by the Spirit teams home-circle Inge Crosson, Imelda Penny, Jennifer Bennett, Cindy Grimwood, Eddie Dzenis and Olive our beautiful matriarch.'

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:58 am

I totally agree with the thoughts here. To blame the "Spirit team" is a disgrace, why would Spirit waste this much energy on such an event which they would know could only cause damage. Indeed why do it when Spirit surely were aware of the presence of cameras even if the "medium" was not. Its rot and I would say the same of all the incidents surrounding recent "well known physical mediums". We know this repeats and dark séances were banned in the USA as far back as 1867 because of the antics of the Davenport's, Fays & Eddy's. In the UK in 1882 (see https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2043-light-and-psychological-review-lead-ban-on-dark-seances ) nd in the 1960's in America after the incidents at Camp Chesterfield https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t566-the-snooper-scope-infra-red-camp-chesterfield-revelations   https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t507-camp-chesterfield-in-the-news-pre-lamar-keene )

A recurring blot upon Spiritualism.

Just to reiterate a few things we know, from all of the past research and look at some of the basic elements of this "séance".

In the long review of David Thompson's work, which is on this forum, several people made contact with the Magic Café, a fabulous forum for magicians, with many interesting tricks, a few of which duplicate early Séance experiences. In the discussion it became clear that escaping cable ties was one of the easiest things to do. They could be undone, then redone exactly, or by careful muscle control, the arm could be extricated without untying them. Cable ties are not an effective control at all. Sadly the magicians who contributed had no interest in replicating a séance, their aim was to trick people into seeing things that were not real in the light not the dark.

We also found out that magicians are well tuned to working in the dark, carefully measuring their steps around the room so that they did not get lost when the lights went off. So once out of the ties negotiating the room is simple, well errors may occur, which could explain the never to be forgotten report of a foot, wearing a trainer, stepping on Roy Stemman's foot, during a well known mediums séance, or of the numerous reports of the wrong people being approached by the "materialised Spirit" who then has to move around the room to the correct person (not to mention the wrong bad leg being touched etc etc). Look at this you can experience fine dining in the dark in many of the world's Cities, http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/12/1076548159581.html . As further food for thought the medium, often through the forms people fill in, knows who is attending, meets them at the start and often places them in their seat. People attending séances are very often vocal about their attendance and what they are seeking, on forums, Facebook, or other social media, before the event. A veritable smorgasbord of information for anyone who wishes to access this, which can then be linked to the person on arrival and to the seat when they are placed into it. They can also tailor their offerings to suit the interests or expectations of the séance group, should they so choose. However, one may have hoped that someone moving around in the dark, who is a decent mental medium, could do the survival messages without cheating, albeit giving a message from a materialised loved one would be cheating. Certainly, in training circles, I have seen good messages from people wearing eye masks (and done so myself) even after they have been spun around and people have moved places.

In a very mind altering way people are subjected to deprivation and excited anticipation. Before they enter the room, shoes, phones, purses, keys etc. and are often subjected to a metal detector. They also go in with a sense of anticipation and excitement; will the trumpets fly, will I feel Spirit, will Spirit give an inspiring talk, will I see Spirit, or feel it and will loved one's appear in the room . On top of this there is no air in the room, they have no water and  the room is reduced to a level of blackness they never experience in normal life situations. Apart from the happy excitement the disorientation is similar to that exercised in interrogation techniques aimed at destabilising individuals. There is then singing, music (often very loud) to add to this sense of disassociation. It must be noted that in a group situation the effects are intensified by the combined energies of all the people present. This is one of the reasons that telekinesis  can be so effective in groups, for example it is not Spirit moving the table but the psychic force generated by the attendees. That combined energy can impact upon the individual experience of what occurs in the séance.

So some people go away completely convinced by events others reject what happened. However, when you have a film individual perceptions are stripped away.

Looking at these propositions, in the light of Gary's video's and Lis's analysis, we can see how they fit in the pattern listed above, the cable ties, the careful movements. This is not Spirit in action, this is a man who told the room they may see and experience materialised Spirit and receive proof of survival. What they got was the "medium "at work; conversely if I felt Spirit were capable of this level of fraud on both the medium and the attendees, I would give up mediumship immediately and Spiritualism permanently. However, my experience, now for over 30 years, tells me this is not what happens. When things go wrong the most probable cause is people not Spirit. I may not say never Spirit, because I do wonder if those who were practical jokers in this life cannot resist a jest when they run into the gullible on the physical plane.

So let us say no to Gary, go back out of the public eye, rethink and regroup, your mental mediumship will now be at question, as will the "trance healing" you do. Find a circle with a leader who is a martinet, not accepting any short cuts. Get the dim red light on and set the cameras rolling (preferably with a thermographic capability so that any non visible deviations are caught). If this starts to yields results take the full package back out to the public and wow us all by proof of Spirit on camera.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:05 am

Because there is, I fear, a very real risk that many of the comments that have been made in response to this statement on the Centre's facebook page will soon be removed, I post below a selection of them.

Deb Mewes of the Australian Academy of Spirit wrote:
"😀 when we contacted gary manion about what we believed to be questionable seances about 2 years ago, we witnessed at the wallacia symposium. Which funnily the other two physical mediums couldnt be there. We mentioned that we could see that the 6 foot tall materialized spirit person had black undies on. We asked why spirit didn't choose just not to materialize that area. We notice now on the videos that spirit has become cleverer. Now they choose to wear a g-string and a cloth hanging down the front. Which in fact if seen in the dark may just look like that area is not materialised. Clever spirit oooops I mean gary! Who ever is in charge here. My question is now, what is the purpose of presenting a human half naked body in front of a sitter and take their hands and rub them all over it. Is it to prove that it is a human body, or to try and trick the sitters into believing its a materialised spirit. One seems pointless the other deceitful. Is this really the work of spirit? Here is the statement from the extreamly clever spirit team we have been waiting for. 😀 do you believe it?"

Gillian wrote:
"So are you saying that you Condone what Gary has cheated? His psychic surgery aside, are you going to let him continue to take money off of people as he has been doing to fund his lifestyle! People who genuinely believed that they were in the presence of spirit? Sadly mud sticks and if your intention is to support Gary and allow him to continue to publicly demonstrate, what we know now as fake, PM and allow him to charge people for it then it's going to have a knock on affect to yourselves and your reputation you have built. Spirit did not make Gary leave the cabinet, Gary's greed and cunning made him leave it and con all those including his circle here in the UK out of trust, money and real spirit interaction. Faith destroyed!!!
The best and only statement any of us want is for Gary Mannion to admit he cheated, to tell the truth why he cheated (sorry blaming spirit is a joke and a cowards "get out of crap"), apologise to all he has conned and upset."

Ian wrote:
"100% agree... People need to stop defending the indefensible. It shows how truly unintelligent or else invested in their own agendas (bank accounts) these people are. I am so embarrassed to be associated with this industry when I see BS like this... and worse to even try and provide BS justifications from his 'spirit team' that it is part of some grand plan. Disgraceful."

Naomi, however, holds fast on to her believe in Gary Mannion and wrote:
"If you all think so lowly of Gary Mannion then unfriend him. Gary doesnt need to apologise. Its YOU who needs to apologise for all this negativity. If you believe Gary is a fraud and a cheat, well that's up to you. I personally believe in Gary and his spirit team."

Karl responded to Naomi by writing:
"you need to view the video evidence for what it is then Naomi - it is nothing more than deceitful behaviour. Those sitters paid hard earned money to be deceived. Surely you can see that?"

Warren suggested:
"Perhaps Naomi it would be wise to look at the video...no spirit or etheric double gets undressed..."

Undeterred Naomi responded:
"I dont need to watch the video, nor do i intend too. The video will not make me change my mind nor will the vídeo make me belive its ok to publicly humiliate anyone. No one was forced to go to a seance, no one was forced to hand over money. IF, , Gary Mannion is a fraud then he and his team put on a damn good show and i have enjoyed each and every one that i have been to.
JUST LET IT GO NOW. SERIOUSLY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..."

Claire is of the view:
"Gary Mannion needs to apologise to the people who paid money to see him demonstrate his "gift" to those mediums working with integrity and honesty, but mostly to the Spirit world. The disservice to them is abhorrent and incomprehensible. One wonders what will be said on the day of his return home."

Wellse wrote:
"Omg Naomi ..., indeed enough is enough... Hope you are talking to yourself .. I didn't want to see the video but I had to. If you haven't seen it, how can you judge? I know Gary and I liked him very much. But this has to do with just being fraudulent!"

Karl queried:
"ok Naomi - put it another way....a mother loses her son. Mannion promises he can materialise spirit people, so the mother goes to his seance, hoping for a contact from her boy. Of course all Mannion does is take off his clothes, drag the mother's chair across the floor and wave his shirt in the air in the dark and the mother thinks it's her spirit son. But that's ok isn't it?"

And here are a few other comments:

"What a load of bollocking wtf is wrong with people. If u truly believe this is anything other than idle rambling from the mediums own min then it's an even sadder day."

"Aptly, Facebook has deemed this post to be about 'Work and Money'. Couldn't have said it better myself. Shameful!"

"Your statement includes the line,
'In regards to the night in question...many who sat there that night were worked with and they felt our side of life and their loved ones and they experienced phenomena.'
HOW MANY HAVE COME FORWARD TO AGREE THAT SPIRIT WERE THERE ON THE NIGHT?
None so far... I don't know how you dare....seriously. (go on, delete my comment)"

"We all have been cheated by Gary & he has cheated the very people who r supporting him. Very sad really"

"You really are the entertainer Gary Mannion, Well I'm feeling like I'm at a comedy show right now, thanks for the laugh!!"

"IF and it's a big IF it was the etheric Al blueprint there is no reason for said blueprint to take of t shirt and swirl it around to create a breeze....hide behind every excuse u can 90 percent of people see straight through this ridiculous story and know the simple truth. You have been caught. Man up admit it and move on."

"I am sure he will get what is coming to him, the universe will make sure of that. I don't understand how his supporters can stand by him given the evidence against him showing what he actually does in his sittings. ??? Regardless of what they thought they experienced surely this evidence should at least raise some doubts within them. As for the statement above..... I feel he is trying to feed us a bucket of crap and I for one am not eating."

"I stepped back from the public side of my spiritual journey a year or so ago for this very reason - the organisation/movement is full of people, possibly filled with their own self importance and disillusioned beliefs that what they are doing is right. And here we have two absolute disgraceful examples. One - an apparent conman caught clear as clear could be, cheating, trying to fool the public and living a life of lies and deceit. Two - an apparent learning centre unable to see the truth even though their actual purpose should be to pursue it.
This makes me livid and sometimes ashamed to be part of such an organisation that is continually ridiculed and sometimes for good reason. Well done to the lady below that has suggested that this has set our wonderful organisation back 200 year. Perhaps a bit harsh - but she's not far off the truth."

"Spirit would not !! NOT entertain Gary to do such thing. No doubt Gary has a gift. But ego and greed has taken over. Which has then probably had an effect in Gary's work which had then lead him to what he has done! THERES NO EXCUSE !! Apart from greed!"

" Garbage, Garbage, Garbage Gary Manion, Shame on you. Karma's coming to get you , can you feel a breeze, or a spirit touch, or can you see the lights coming for you, maybe your chair being dragged ? It's coming and not pretend, Karma's coming for you ooooh ! beware Gary Mannion !!!"

"Oh good lord - it just proves to me that spirit can only bring a message - it is up to the integrity of the physical medium to pass spirits message on - or as the case shows - not. We just stepped back 200 years for spiritism 😱"

"I think your centre has just lost a lot of respect from people far less experienced but also far less gullible than you!"

"

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 am

It is, I think, quite disturbing that an alleged spirit team would impart through an alleged trance medium, as an explanation for what appears to be overt and deliberate fraud, the idea that they made the medium fraudulently impersonate spirit and phenomena in order to bring about changes in the movement. Almost like Gary is a martyr to a cause of 'cleansing' of the movement!!??

I think not.

The statement is, on my reading of it, nothing more or less than Gary Mannion's attempt to explain away his deliberate fraud to his dedicated believers.

There are none so blind who will not see.

I feel, sadly, that the Wallacia Centre has by supporting this statement, and the 'medium' through whom it was given, destroyed its credibility and integrity.

At this point, almost 4,000 people have read the comments on the Gary File forum. People from all around the world are reading about what happened and have watched the videos. Many others have come on to this forum. This means that a significant number of people who have an interest in physical mediumship, and Spiritualism, are now aware that Gary Mannion has acted fraudulently in a séance.

They must, inevitably, now question whether all the séances that Gary Mannion has held were also fraudulent. They must also question whether his trance and psychic surgery activities might also be suspect.

Perhaps some will, out of curiosity still attend one of Mannion's séances, just to see for themselves, but many, many other people will be wise and steer clear of this unscrupulous cheat.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:33 am

plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.....    Rolling Eyes  

Those who appear desperate to believe what they've seen may never be persuaded it wasn't genuine.   Others will be overwhelmed by it all and unsure about what they've experienced.  The remainder may feel, totally-understandably, they've been duped, that the performance was purely that - a performance!  No relevance to anything remotely of the spirit.

The explanation of the events was clap-trap and if those who offered it actually believe such far-fetched nonsense then no matter how many well-reasoned, well-presented arguments are presented it will be water off a duck's back.  They may listen but they won't hear

Haven't we been here before concerning similar nonsense from two other performers who present themselves as physical mediums?   I despair....Rolling Eyes

Jim and Lis specialise in the history of Spiritualism and will know far better than I how fraud and deception have been a part of Modern Spiritualism since it first emerged a century and a half ago.  

Those who run Spiritualism-focussed centres that provide platforms for performers such as Mannion are the ones who most need to consider their position.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:39 am

Must be psychic ...
http://brianclegg.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/desperately-seeking-psychic.html

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Seven years on and it seems things haven't improved on the Mannion front.....     Rolling Eyes

good link, obi Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 pm

mac wrote:Seven years on and it seems things haven't improved on the Mannion front.....     Rolling Eyes

good link, obi  Smile
Exactly! Thanks Mac.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by wattie Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Perhaps a new career beckons:

http://www.starnow.com/garymannion

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:02 pm

perhaps...... Razz Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:11 pm

😂😂

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 pm

http://psychicnews.org.uk/
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:48 pm

This was published today (29th June) by Psychic News in their July issue.

“(Nic) Whitham did two things. He refunded everyone's fee for the (recorded Mannion séance) and
 he revealed to Mannion that he had video proof that he had produced the phenomena himself.

His aim, he has explained to Psychic News, was to stop Mannion holding any more physical séances and to encourage him to return to his roots as a healer. Whitham's actions and decisions, he added, had been taken in conjunction with spirit advice.

Mannion agreed. On 28 May, he flew out to Australia, where his company, Afterlife Agents, is based, having given an undertaking to Whitham that he would never hold physical séances again. And that should have been the end of the story.

Mannion's Australian advertising seemed to provide confirmation since it promoted only psychic surgery, healing workshops, trance demonstrations, one-to-one mentorship appointments and psychic and mediumship appointments. There was no mention of physical séances.

But then word got back to Whitham that people he knew had just attended a physical séance with Mannion.

There was only one action that could be taken and that was to make video clips public in the hope that they would reach the widest possible audience, to make people aware of what had happened.

Equally as shameful is the revelation, made by Whitham to Psychic News, that Mannion asked him, via Facebook, to “name your price” for the video.”

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:40 pm

I've just been reading the latest edition of PN.  It's good to see that publication critically reviewing what's happened with the intention of publishing more in August.

Now Mannion's been exposed after his filmed performance it's to be strongly hoped that venue operators will cancel any bookings they have with him.  If they don't they run the risk of being tarred with the same brush.  

Anyone remember the brouhaha surrounding the SNU's proposals on filming not so very long ago?  Mediums with integrity have nothing to fear but frauds would be shown for what they are.

Performers who produce trick phenomena are not mediums and may not even be psychics.  And if phenomena don't demonstrate the message of survival then their production is not mediumship;  practitioners should then be described as physical psychics or something similar Perhaps 'phenomenalists', a word I've used before in that connection.

Last edited by mac on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:54 am

Hello, Mac! Smile I've not seen the July issue of PN yet: my airmailed copy should be arriving in a day or so. One thing that certainly can be said about PN, in general: they pull no punches where fraudulent mediums and psychics are concerned. If anything, they delight in reporting on the fakers and con artists.

This Mannion was supposedly tied down during his performance? Not tied down very well, apparently: or does he have the escape skills of Houdini?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:08 am

Hi Left Behind, to escape cable ties requires little  skill, but sadly they are in common use. Many videos are, apparently, around showing a variety of methods, bunching muscles (or placement on the arm), which enables them to stay in place to re insert the arms, up to an array of other approaches (specialist cable ties). The first is a favourite, I believe those who train in martial arts can do this without much bother (do a check on physical mediums with a background in this area). Of course, when the magicians were asked on the Magic Café each offered a variation which would leave the end result, back in the ties, apparently unchanged. the Academy of Spirit in Queensland have one showing a very rapid escape and a re entry to the ties, one reason they want all séances filmed and, preferably, in dim red light.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next