SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Spiritual Field of Expression

3 posters

Go down

The Spiritual Field of Expression Empty The Spiritual Field of Expression

Post by james simmons Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:57 am

I'd

Last edited by james simmons on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

james simmons

Back to top Go down

The Spiritual Field of Expression Empty Re: The Spiritual Field of Expression

Post by mac Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:04 am

james simmons wrote:I'd like to hear from you all and perhaps I can learn something.   It regards spiritualism.  

The physical universe consists of physical, ethereal, astral and lower mind matter.   To go higher we must move to the...............................rit"?  I have my own beliefs in this but it would be a great help to me to know what you all think.   Please do not refer me to an outside source.   I want to know what you think, not someone else.

Thanks

James

Perhaps it would first be helpful to know what Spiritualism means to you?  KISS please - keep it simple sweetie.  We Spiritualists will be pretty clear what it is to us and I fancy there will be differences between one and the other.  

The term "average spiritualist" is a nonsense; there's no more an 'average Spiritualist' than there is an average human being.  

You say you have your own beliefs about the issues you raise in your last paragraph, things that an average spiritualist 'believes', and one might then reasonably assume that you can give us your idea about what constitutes an 'average spiritualist'. I wonder if I'm one!  

If I am I'll be able to tell you myself!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:21 am

james simmons wrote:I'd like to hear from you all and perhaps I can learn something.   It regards spiritualism.  

The physical universe consists of physical, ethereal, astral and lower mind matter.   To go higher we must move to the spiritual universe where the lowest plane is what we would call the higher mental....   There are six others and then there are other universes higher still.   The usual work of the spiritualist is in the high physical but rarely into the spiritual universe proper.   Readings, messages, aura anaylsis and all that sort of thing,  are high physical plane activities.   Almost always it is the astral emotional lower mental which is contacted.   Most deceased people reside on the high astral/low mental.  I can tell the plane contacted by the feel of it.   Do others?

When a spiritualist is engaged in some sort of psychic activity, doing a reading for instance, He or she is clearly connected to another plane of existence.   Is it enough to call it the astral or lower mental.   Can these two planes be vital by themselves?   Are they subtle parts of the physical universe or not?   Is there a spiritual universe which coincides with but predates our own?   Is this where the medium goes to obtain information?    If so exactly how does it work?   What are the mechanisms?   If deceased people are being contacted then what plane are they in and what greater structure is that plane a part of?   Finally if there is a spiritual universe then is it static or dynamic?   Does it just happen to exist or are there forces within it that are responsible for this earth life that we all are immersed in?

What I want to know is this.   Does the average spiritualist believe in the spiritual universe or do they just move about in the astral/emotional/lower mind and call it "spirit" without necessarily making any association with a vital universe of existence separate from the physical one that we know so well?   What does the average spiritualist know about "spirit"?  I have my own beliefs in this but it would be a great help to me to know what you all think.   Please do not refer me to an outside source.   I want to know what you think, not someone else.

Thanks

James

I will get back to this but once again you have defined your own truth without sources or verification. There are so many alternates about the Spirit World and its construction. Yours appears a bit of a blend of Theosophy and Andrew Jackson Davis Spheres and realms maybe with a touch of Cayce thrown in.

You seem to make an assumption about average Spiritualists. Mac is right, if you define one to us maybe we can help you more.

There are also clear misunderstandings of how mediumship and psychic work, which are not uncommon if you do not come from a proper training and learning in the area but have picked ideas from new age (including Cayce) or Theosophical writings.

I will get back to it but it does seem you want to debate the undebatable again...the myriad concepts of Spiritual Realms rather than the mechanics of psychic and mediumship.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down