SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to everyone.

3 posters

Go down

Hello to everyone. Empty Hello to everyone.

Post by james simmons Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:37 am

My

Last edited by james simmons on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

james simmons

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone. Empty Re: Hello to everyone.

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 am

Hi and welcome James, I hope that you will find this an interesting site. There is never a lot of active chat but there are many good thinkers who are members of the forum so it can get very interesting at times.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:14 pm

"In the past couple of years I've been active on a selection of spiritualist and religious forums. These have all been disappointments. Very little I had to say was well received. I do hope that here things will be different."

You say you hope things will be different for you here and there's one way to find out - get posting!   Smile

I would be interested to learn what wasn't well-received on the Spiritualist forums.  I'm frequently in such a position myself when I post about Modern Spiritualism's approach to life, death and so-called life hereafter on various websites.

When we members speak about 'Spiritualism' by the way it's in connection with the religion, philosophy and science of (Modern) Spiritualism which has its roots over here in Hydesville, NY.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by james simmons Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll dream up a topic and we'll see what happens. Just let me say that on other forums the most trouble comes from atheists and Christians. Those two groups are particularly demanding. They love to argue and nearly always demand proofs of everything that one says. Honestly sometimes I think Jesus could walk into the room, say something and find himself in a heated debate. I hope this forum is populated by more enlightened types.

james simmons

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 pm

james simmons wrote:Thanks for the reply.  I'll dream up a topic and we'll see what happens.    Just let me say that on other forums the most trouble comes from atheists and Christians.   Those two groups are particularly demanding.   They love to argue and nearly always demand proofs of everything that one says.   Honestly sometimes I think Jesus could walk into the room, say something and find himself in a heated debate.  I hope this forum is populated by more enlightened types.

Why not just re-visit something you've used in the past rather than dreaming something up?

Here I expect you'll find few atheists or Christians but I'd guess most of us are Spiritualists or at least favour Spiritualist teaching. As such traditional mainstream religious subjects are less likely to have relevance or interest.

Quite how the state of being enlightened is understood may be a personal issue so let's just see what folk have to say about the subject(s) you post about.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum