SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion

+8
Rev Deb
mandy
Bill
Admin
mac
obiwan
zerdini
iceblue
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Your opinion - Page 4 Empty Re: Your opinion

Post by julie Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:32 pm

damn me copy and paste

still nice to know I'm still on me journey.
Its funny but when I met my husband he said we were going on a journey I think he often knows more about the spiritual side of life then he lets on He will not have anything whatsoever to do with theology

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:09 pm

I am not sure we go anywhere. Death seems to be described as a change but not a relocation to another place as such.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

obiwan wrote:I am not sure we go anywhere. Death seems to be described as a change but not a relocation to another place as such.

Not what I'm expecting or as I understand it....

I'm expecting that the change will feel like a very distinct relocation of me along with my 'new' body. I'll definitely not be expecting to remain in the environs of the earth plane and, after my initial acclimatisation, will be expecting to experience locations markedly distinct and different from what I live in now.

Maybe that's just me?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Mac
I don't know whether your expectations are right or not Smile

However there is ample evidence that 'dead' folks communicating say they haven't gone 'anywhere'. I suspect, if it is true, that the reality is tricky to understand in terms of our current situation.

Maybe many planes of existence 'occupy' the same physical space whilst at the same time being completely independent of each other - a bit like terrestrial radio or TV signals. This would correspond to changes in frequency or vibration, not differences in location as such. Perhaps location has no meaning in their world. In that sense maybe this 'change of vibration' renders them undetectable to us but they might be able to communicate in some way by altering their 'frequency' and finding a suitable medium who can get close to matching them? I dunno. Need to go hug a crystal.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm

obiwan wrote:Hi Mac
I don't know whether your expectations are right or not Smile

However there is ample evidence that 'dead' folks communicating say they haven't gone 'anywhere'. I suspect, if it is true, that the reality is tricky to understand in terms of our current situation.

Maybe many planes of existence 'occupy' the same physical space whilst at the same time being completely independent of each other - a bit like terrestrial radio or TV signals. This would correspond to changes in frequency or vibration, not differences in location as such. Perhaps location has no meaning in their world. In that sense maybe this 'change of vibration' renders them undetectable to us but they might be able to communicate in some way by altering their 'frequency' and finding a suitable medium who can get close to matching them? I dunno. Need to go hug a crystal.

Maybe what's reported is simply down to personal perceptions and how the experiencer expresses what she/he experienced?

I totally agree with your description of how these 'locations' probably occupy the same space/volume but do not interfere with one another. We can only speak of them using the words most familiar to us, however inadequate they may be. I also agree with the way you describe the communication mechanism. What I do feel, though, is that there is interchange of information mostly at the 'edges' of the planes of existence, where the 'lowest frequency' of one is very similar to the 'highest frequency' of the other. Hence the details and sensations are expressed in respect of familiar, shared experiences. My expectation is that once we move away from these 'touching' boundaries there is a communication separation resulting in details which are hard to adequately convey, maybe impossible.

When that happens I feel I'd be expressing it as 'going somewhere' whereas the very earliest experiences are indeed so close to the environs of the physical level that maybe it doesn't feel like an experiencer has gone anywhere, feeling like they're in much the same location until they begin their travels away from those touching boundaries.....

I find it hard to express in words what I clearly see and feel inside me but I have no doubts that the later stages after we've passed over will involve a very distinct element of movement, of "going somewhere".

Nice to be 'speaking' to you again my old duck friend. Smile Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I take the points you make Mac. Nice to be quack, I mean back Very Happy

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm

NOO I didn't see anylink either which is why I am looking for other answers.

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm

julie wrote:NOO I didn't see anylink either which is why I am looking for other answers.
What do you mean?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:56 am

obiwan wrote:
julie wrote:NOO I didn't see anylink either which is why I am looking for other answers.
What do you mean?

"That is why I am so interseted in Spiritualism cause It was so strange a feeling." I have to say I don't see any link between Modern Spiritualism and your condition."

I think she means the above posting, obi, copied and brought forward from the previous page.

I do wish contributors would use the 'Quote' button when answering (was it an answer???) a posting from such a long way back, although the response was hardly illuminating anyway.... Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:28 pm

obiwan wrote:I am not sure we go anywhere. Death seems to be described as a change but not a relocation to another place as such.

Totally agree! Worlds within worlds, all that changes is the atmosphere, it's a shift in consciousness, Spirit consciousness

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm

hiorta wrote:Reincarnation? There is a section on views on this topic which might be helpful in showing the range of possibilities. Understanding the great depth of this topic really begins with the question: Who am I? How did I get to where I now stand.
If you've a spare 30/40 years after that.....
Ha ha just noticed that 30 or 40 years to answer the never ending uestions my head is full of questions. Take me a hundred years. I'm not one of the worlds great shakers and movers I'm afraid, but I know that resolving thise kind of problems needs a clear mind. Where do I get one from?? rabbit

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:13 pm

It is doubtful whether a 'clear mind' is fully acquired, but like the sky only being 'clear' at times, so like Mind.

Meditation is a wonderful help and the simpler the better. The desire for intervals of peaceful clarity of Mind is probably the starting point.

Very Happy Or you could play very loud rock music and abandon the whole idea.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 pm

you know some people have ended up in padded cells p'raps i will try meditation before i reach the padded cell stage

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Seriously, this is growth and really cannot be forced - only encouraged.

But a padded cell is a peaceful evironment, outwardly at least.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:20 pm

hiorta wrote:Seriously, this is growth and really cannot be forced - only encouraged.

no i take your point on meditation though. but trying to understand how and why we operate in this universe seems a preety big question Suspect

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:44 pm

julie wrote:
hiorta wrote:Seriously, this is growth and really cannot be forced - only encouraged.

no i take your point on meditation though. but trying to understand how and why we operate in this universe seems a preety big question Suspect

It may be just as useful to live each day as best you can and ask yourself just one question at the end of each day: "What could I have done better?"
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:08 pm

has anyone heard of ronald pearson??

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Wes wrote:
julie wrote:

It may be just as useful to live each day as best you can and ask yourself just one question at the end of each day: "What could I have done better?"
If I did that it would be dawn before I got to sleep Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:21 pm

julie wrote:has anyone heard of ronald pearson??

yes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Mac there is a wealth of meaning in that simple comment "yes" I feel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 am

Admin wrote:Mac there is a wealth of meaning in that simple comment "yes" I feel

you betcha! Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

is ronald pearson really ontosomething he seems very sincere

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm

julie wrote:is ronald pearson really ontosomething he seems very sincere

You'll need to judge for yourself how much his work has impacted the spiritual scene.... I have no reason to doubt his sincerity.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Well I could only conclude that he trying to make life after death a repectable and scienetiifc study. But its not like the laws of gravity or anything because we can all see and observe Newtons findings everyday but we cannot see Ron Pearsons conclusions, or at least not the unthinking person. That is the person who is to busy to ponder on these things amidst a busy life schedule. Good luck to him as long as Pearson remembers he has technolgy to compete with as well. I'm reading Ena Twigg at the moment she is very interesting. What has this to do with modern spiritualism I hear someone yelling at me.....

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:33 pm

julie wrote:Well I could only conclude that he trying to make life after death a repectable and scienetiifc study. But its not like the laws of gravity or anything because we can all see and observe Newtons findings everyday but we cannot see Ron Pearsons conclusions, or at least not the unthinking person. That is the person who is to busy to ponder on these things amidst a busy life schedule. Good luck to him as long as Pearson remembers he has technolgy to compete with as well. I'm reading Ena Twigg at the moment she is very interesting. What has this to do with modern spiritualism I hear someone yelling at me.....

"What has this to do with modern spiritualism I hear someone yelling at me....."

what indeed Question I wonder why you're posting here at all when you have expressed no interest in Spiritualism.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum