SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available

+2
Starling
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available  Empty The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available

Post by Admin Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:24 am

This can be found here
http://www.iapsop.com/archive/materials/yorkshire_spiritual_telegraph/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available  Empty Re: The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available

Post by Starling Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:49 pm

This is great thanks for posting! Very Happy

Starling
Starling

Back to top Go down

The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available  Empty Re: The original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph is now available

Post by Lars Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:08 pm

If it does upset no one I will zipper all copies and link to the site or can email to members as Admin wishes to do.
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 am

Lars I would prefer to direct people to the excellent iapsop site. These people are putting their own time and money in on a voluntary basis to benefit all of us so they deserve that people go to their site, yes privately collect their material but why then make it available again on your own personal internet hot file without proper attribution to those who did the very many hard yards.

They have bought film from libraries, original papers and many people have donated. It is a labour of love from them, even though they are not actually Spiritualists, to provide us our history.

If you have not attributed these files to IAPSOP I will be very cross.

As a matter of fact those involved Marc Demarest and John Pat Deveney are very serious researchers with a wealth of knowledge. Thankfully they form part of a group of researchers (including Lis and I) who willingly assist each other. They constantly seek new material and more is going up every month. To have people seemingly piggy back that material onto the web is disrespectful even though they make it freely available.

It is always best to, like with Psypioneer, go to the source of the documents directly. In addition that gives respect to the efforts who provide us such excellence voluntarily. I know how hard the Psypioneer team work Paul Gaunt and Leslie Price but also Garth Willey who archives it and is from this forum who proof reads and helps in editing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 am

Nothing I do pleases you. Yet you allow Jon Donnis - ok I got the it.
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:09 am

Look Lars I was not asking you to please me. In honesty I am a little bemused by what you did on this thread, when I have already shown people how to get the copies of that publication, from the group who have worked so hard to make a dream happen, why would you create another version.

Jon Donnis came on and like anyone who comes on here we will get involved in debate, maybe your lack of English means you cannot understand that we were not agreeing with his ideas indeed the opposite we were getting into some good robust debate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Admin wrote:Look Lars I was not asking you to please me. In honesty I am a little bemused by what you did on this thread, when I have already shown people how to get the copies of that publication, from the group who have worked so hard to make a dream happen, why would you create another version.

I took their versions and put them all together to save bandwith for the poor people who did the versions. Some people have lo bandwith or pay long fees and I compressed into one file for all version s and all people. This is good.

Jon Donnis came on and like anyone who comes on here we will get involved in debate, maybe your lack of English means you cannot understand that we were not agreeing with his ideas indeed the opposite we were getting into some good robust debate.
Jon donnis is de bait.

Last edited by Lars on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid Lars)
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm beginning to have concern that all is not what it's made out to be....

debate is changed to 'de bait' A better command of the English language than is made out, perhaps? Or simply a failure to understand?

With all the recent troll activity on forum boards it's hard to resist the suspicion that this could be yet another instance.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:16 pm

mac wrote:I'm beginning to have concern that all is not what it's made out to be....

debate is changed to 'de bait' A better command of the English language than is made out, perhaps? Or simply a failure to understand?

With all the recent troll activity on forum boards it's hard to resist the suspicion that this could be yet another instance.
shirley not?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:22 pm

obiwan wrote:
mac wrote:I'm beginning to have concern that all is not what it's made out to be....

shirley not?

lol

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:32 pm

I understand wat is being posted as if that is wat you mean. I am sorry for English not first language scream at my mum for sending me to skolan i Sverige.

I resist you. Try it.
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

obiwan wrote:]shirley not?
I have now seen Shirley McLaine's Out On The Limb. Very good. Recommend. Use pirate bay maybe.
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Lars wrote:

I understand wat is being posted as if that is wat you mean. I am sorry for English not first language scream at my mum for sending me to skolan i Sverige.

I resist you. Try it.

I'll be persuaded that you're not trolling when you just ask, or answer, the usual topics we discuss on this website. You appeared just as Jon Donnis joined the website and then began debating with him in the way you did - that seemed odd.

Now I'm not saying you're a troll but there has been a lot of unpleasantness recently so if you're a genuine member, seeking to discuss aspects of Modern Spiritualism with other members (rather than Jon Donnis) I'm sure you'll understand my concerns....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Lars wrote:
I have now seen Shirley McLaine's Out On The Limb. Very good. Recommend. Use pirate bay maybe.

Because the English language is not your first language I'll try to explain. This was meant as a joke because 'Shirley' and 'surely' sound very similar and the joke was used in the movie 'Airplane' with lead actor Donald Nielsen (I think) as its hapless pilot.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Lars wrote:I have now seen Shirley McLaine's Out On The Limb. Very good. Recommend. Use pirate bay maybe.

mac wrote:Because the English language is not your first language I'll try to explain. This was meant as a joke because 'Shirley' and 'surely' sound very similar and the joke was used in the movie 'Airplane' with lead actor Donald Nielsen (I think) as its hapless pilot.

Thank you. Did you like not the Shirley movie?

Lars
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:22 pm

mac wrote:I'll be persuaded that you're not trolling when you just ask, or answer, the usual topics we discuss on this website. You appeared just as Jon Donnis joined the website and then began debating with him in the way you did - that seemed odd.

Now I'm not saying you're a troll but there has been a lot of unpleasantness recently so if you're a genuine member, seeking to discuss aspects of Modern Spiritualism with other members (rather than Jon Donnis) I'm sure you'll understand my concerns....
Off topic. I get it. You don't like Lars.

Lars
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Lars wrote:

Lars wrote:I have now seen Shirley McLaine's Out On The Limb. Very good. Recommend. Use pirate bay maybe.

mac wrote:Because the English language is not your first language I'll try to explain. This was meant as a joke because 'Shirley' and 'surely' sound very similar and the joke was used in the movie 'Airplane' with lead actor Donald Nielsen (I think) as its hapless pilot.

Thank you. Did you like not the Shirley movie?

Lars

I likely have seen that movie but I don't remember it. Either way Shirley McClaine's films are from a long time back and I'm not generally keen on either old movies or old music.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Lars wrote:
mac wrote:I'll be persuaded that you're not trolling when you just ask, or answer, the usual topics we discuss on this website. You appeared just as Jon Donnis joined the website and then began debating with him in the way you did - that seemed odd.

Off topic. I get it. You don't like Lars.

Lars

I neither like Lars nor dislike Lars. I don't form like/love/hate relationships with individuals I encounter online. I've made too many mistakes in the past and I won't repeat them. To repeat myself, if you come to discuss or debate issues surrounding Spiritualism, or to improve your understanding of it, (the purposes of this website) then I'll be happy to engage with you.

But if it's to be about Jon Donnis bashing then I don't want any part of it.

Last edited by mac on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : plural form of 'issue' needed)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Lars wrote:I have now seen Shirley McLaine's . Very good. Recommend. Use pirate bay maybe. Did you like not the Shirley movie Out On The Limb?

Lars

mac wrote:I likely have seen that movie but I don't remember it. Either way Shirley McClaine's films are from a long time back and I'm not generally keen on either old movies or old music.

You no like Beatles of Schubert or Good Morning Vietnem or I bet you like Dirty Dancing. bounce
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:44 pm

mac wrote:But if it's to be about Jon Donnis bashing then I don't want any part of it.
Some persons hack you then.

https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t1839p30-zerdini-s-departure-from-the-forum#17218
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:06 pm

We're way off-topic now but you seem to delight in it. Rolling Eyes

The thread was originally about the original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph - shall we get back to that now?

Let's show we're interested in Spiritualism byleaving Jon Donnis behind, should we - what do you say?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Lars wrote:
Lars wrote:I have now seen Shirley McLaine's . Very good. Recommend. Use pirate bay maybe. Did you like not the Shirley movie Out On The Limb?

Lars

mac wrote:I likely have seen that movie but I don't remember it. Either way Shirley McClaine's films are from a long time back and I'm not generally keen on either old movies or old music.

You no like Beatles of Schubert or Good Morning Vietnem or I bet you like Dirty Dancing. bounce

Dirty Dancing? This is all too ridiculous for me - I'll leave you to your own devices at this point. My suspicions are again aroused as to your intentions on this website.... Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:56 pm

mac wrote:We're way off-topic now but you seem to delight in it. Rolling Eyes

The thread was originally about the original Yorkshire Spiritual Telegraph - shall we get back to that now?

Let's show we're interested in Spiritualism byleaving Jon Donnis behind, should we - what do you say?
Shure. Wat you want to speak about? Question
Lars
Lars

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Lars wrote:
mac wrote:We're way off-topic now but you seem to delight in it. Rolling Eyes

Shure. Wat you want to speak about? Question

I'm pretty well familiar with most aspects of Spiritualism (other than its history) so I don't have anything to say right now. As you're the new member I'd assumed you'd have something to say yourself - perhaps you didn't after all?

Maybe the thread topic is of interest to you? If not, why not start a new one to reflect your own interests?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Why do I get the distinct impression LARS is a very different person from the numerous mess of posts on here, fine command of English Grammar and language one minute appalling joke Swenglish next. So very different from Jane Lyzels's posting. It is also clear LARS only leapt on here to chase Jon Donnis and now he has moved on LARS gad better sort his postings on this forum out or move on to find where Jon is.

Per se we neither like or dislike you Lars you would always be assessed by what you post. So far you have failed to persuade me you are not just a Jon Donnis chaser. I suspect you have been on here before, under a different name but this is an IP address which nicely matches a Swedish identity.

There is also some humour on display and pretty good knowledge spread.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next