SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue energies?

+3
bravo321uk
_Leslie_
normy
7 posters

Go down

Blue energies?  Empty Blue energies?

Post by normy Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I took about thirty photos at the same physical mediumship workshop I posted about earlier. This was the only one with anything unusual on it, and others have also captured blue energies. I have no idea if there is a normal explanation, but as a medium was present, and we theorise about energies and ectoplasm, here we are.

Blue energies?  Mogger12

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Blue energies?  Empty Re: Blue energies?

Post by _Leslie_ Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:01 am

Normy, do you have anything larger please? I've tried downloading it to get a better look, but the size makes this a little difficult.

_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:11 pm

I cant really see much with this pic as its not very large... but it can probably be explained by the fact there is a window to the far left ect... the same way the last one can be... I know the medium claims it to be an etherialisation... buts its not... as wouldnt every1 in the room of seen these things if it was? rather than being a image on a camera.x

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Nice picture Normy, I know Jo and can vouch that her motives and intentions are sound.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:Normy, do you have anything larger please? I've tried downloading it to get a better look, but the size makes this a little difficult.

Can't do it Leslie, but this link to another forum might help if it works: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4217536967492&set=o.183147298453286&type=1&theater
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm

bravo321uk wrote:I cant really see much with this pic as its not very large... but it can probably be explained by the fact there is a window to the far left ect... the same way the last one can be... I know the medium claims it to be an etherialisation... buts its not... as wouldnt every1 in the room of seen these things if it was? rather than being a image on a camera.x

I think the medium believes it to be 'energy' however that is defined, not etherialisation in this case, but I am intrigued by photo anomalies and how they are produced. As well as the blue mist, there are streaks of something unexplained within it. Just an image on a camera yes, and I've heard the argument that just because it has not been explained that does not mean it's not explainable. That's a good sceptical argument and can't be refuted, but I think the onus is on the sceptic to prove how it happened, to those of us without the technical knowledge. x
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Normy I was refering to picture you posted previously... which the medium described as

"An example of etherialisation, a vapourised form of materialisation of spirit x"

But my point being is.... if we are talking physical mediumship involving ectoplasm,,, then the people in the room would see the things that are being photographed, in fact if they had any physical substance at all people would have seen them... as thats the point of physical mediumship isnt it?

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:24 pm

I haven't yet seen ectoplasm bravo, but I understand that Jo and others during another course have seen ectoplasm objectively, and transfiguration photos have been taken showing build-up of different features on the head, which were seen by those present. These photos can be seen on Facebook.
I also understand that some kind of unknown energy is involved as well as ectoplasm to enable the conversion to physical matter. My theory is that the digital camera is able to capture this energy, as in the photo I took, although the human eye may be unable to see it. Other explanations are welcome. Smile
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Well... ill have a go at this for you... and this is with best intent,,, and not meant with malice Normy... now im not a professional so please take what i say as a mere observation... Smile And i like looking at stuff like this and just trying to figure it out.. I am also a devloping physical Medium and drive my circle nuts,,, as i always look for the possible as i believe when you can remove the possible you are left with the impossible and that is so special.
anyway... the way i see it you have to look at both the photos that you have provided on here to get a full picture.. and put them side by side.. when you do that you can see in picture 1... that light is breaking in from the far left window... and casting a light and refection across the room...
now look at photo 2,,, your then able to see that this is a continuation of the light and refelection from photo 1... its the same area and the same consistancy... even using something as simple as auto correct on microsoft picture manager really shows this up... your also able to blow the picture up alter the contrast and colour and a few other neat things... also the camera used wasnt a very good quality one,, you can really tell that when you take a proper look at the pictures... and the lower quailty digital cameras are renowned for all sorts of effects from light and dust... I have loads of them ha..
Anyway Just my view Normy... and is in no way slandering the medium... its just looking at the photo,

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:12 pm

bravo321uk wrote:<SNIP> i always look for the possible as i believe when you can remove the possible you are left with the impossible and that is so special.
<SNIP>
Now that I like Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 am

Really good discussion here. Bravo its a bit like the way I would deliberately get the light source to catch the edge of my lens to trigger a prismatic effect in a picture. First time it was an accident but then I realised that many effects came from the position that light struck the lens.

Thats what makes photographs difficult to judge, the majority of orb pictures are a reflection of the impact of light sources on the lens and the way the actual lens prism is set up. As you say all of this is no reflection upon the people involved, or their determined honesty, it is just to quote you "removing the possiblle"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:33 am

A good way to remove the chance of optical effects ocurring would be to have two or more people taking pictures from different parts of the room at roughly the same time. Using tripods (or chairs, bookshelves, or anything stable with a flat surface) would allow photos to be taken with a slower exposure, to provide better quality pictures.

With multiple pictures taken from different locations, any anomaly that only appears on one camera's photo could be ruled out as a glitch with that camera. Any anomalies that appear on more than one camera's photo, and from different angles would be very, very interesting!

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 am

A good discussion and suggestions, thank you. As an ex-scientist, I look upon everything with a scientific outlook, but I have an open mind. You have to be honest and share what you believe to be true.
The photo-taking at that workshop was just one experiment among several which are on-going, but it might be of interest if I further explain the conditions and context, from my viewpoint.

I trust the medium absolutely, so fraud is ruled out for me. Light through the curtains was good enough to see clearly what was going on. The students were seated in a natural place at the end of the hall. Each of the ten students took photos of each other, who sat in the same place, in turn. We all had hand-held point and shoot cameras with flash disabled. I took about 30, and the others took a few each, so I reckon about 300 were taken. Out of these, only the two I have posted showed anything unusual, all others looked normal but grainy, due to the low light. We shot the pictures in an arc, I shot mine each time from left, right, and facing positions.

My question to myself is, is it possible that glitches to my camera, and on one other camera, combined with the light through the window, to produce the two anomalous images under similar conditions? It is possible, but I don't see that it's likely. Anyway, open mind is still open!

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Wes
That would work if the effect was objective in some form. In a situation where images are caused because the person using the camera is actually the medium, unknowingly perhaps, it might not as this person may be producing the images on the camera directly themselves - hypothetically of course Smile

In this case, assuming for a moment that the images are not simply an optical effect, it is unclear to me whether they are objective and who the medium for them might be (if anyone).

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 am

Well that again is a good point obi... from what I understand they are not objective,,, no one seen them with there eyes... which rules out physical mediumship and takes us if anywhere into spirit photography.
Now from my understanding of spirit photography it was the person holding the camera that was USUALLY the medium

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 am

Hmm, then you could swap cameras half way through the experiment, taking note of the time they changed hands. So if an anomaly appears on one camera's pictures, then starts appearing on the other camera's pictures after they changed hands then you really would have something to ponder Shocked

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

@ Wes: Good thinking Smile
@ bravo: I think you're right.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down