SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Table Tipping

+12
obiwan
taushin
bravo321uk
_Leslie_
Bill
normy
petal34
Left Behind
Admin
Mark74
Juniper
Wes
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Table Tipping - Page 3 Empty Re: Table Tipping

Post by taushin Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 pm

it has made an interesting discussion thanks for posting it btw. the phenomena of the movement of the table is amazing, whether it is done by energy from the person involved or from a connection with spirit, still the feat of the table moving is phenomenal, but us being human have to have a foundation of understanding based upon previous experiences and in doing so we might have took away from the phenomena on the video.
taushin
taushin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatoDNA Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:44 pm

I first heard about table tipping when I was a child; it was referred to as the talking table. Four people would sit around a light-weight table with one side left open; everyone would cross their thumbs and their pinky fingers with the person next to them. Everyone would say...up table up, up table up...over and over. Eventually two legs will lift up. Then the table could answer yes/no questions (one tap down for yes and no movement for no). It will also answer numbered questions. The first time I had seen this I was about 15, and was just an observer. Four people who had never done this before sat at the table doing this for about an hour or two before the legs came up. But then for the next four hours or so we asked it questions. It would answer stuff that wasn't possible for anyone to know. One person went into another room and grabbed a handful of candy from a jar and put it in their pocket. They came back in the room and had the people ask the table how many pieces of candy were in their pocket...and it was right on! The person didn't even know how much candy was in their pocket! One person was skeptical the whole night, and we finally got them to ask a question that nobody there would know the answer to. As soon as it was done answering the person didn't say a word and quickly went out the door, got in their car, and sped out of the driveway!

I have been table tipping for about 15 years now. My first hands on experience happened when I was about 17. It wasn't too long after that I started table tipping by myself. I soon realized that it would respond to questions that I had just thought about, without saying anything. Because of that, I realized that I can mentally affect the answers. I also thought about how people say that it is just subconscious muscular movement, but how can that explain how it could answer questions that nobody knew the answer to? The table will also do things you can't do just using your muscles. Every time I table tip, I can feel something pushing back. Sometimes when starting the table will start creaking, and make a ticking sound...almost like an old heater warming up, without moving! I really don't know how this could be muscular movement. Sometimes too, you can feel like as if there was a rolling pin rolling under the table top at different directions. Other times it feels as if your hands are on top of water with gently rolling waves moving under them. Sometimes I could swear my hands were down in the table one second, then the next it felt like they were pushed above its surface...like waves. Sometimes it will feel like the table stiffens up and gets tight...or expands and contracts...sort of like its breathing.

Over the years I have experimented with a lot of different things besides tables. I have done chairs, skateboards, small plastic CD cases, empty card board boxes (these you can really feel expand and contract, you can see and feel the sides of the box bulge out). I have also done dressers, I got one to slide around and also make a popping sound on the bottom as if someone hit the bottom, when it wasn't even moving! It really doesn't matter what you use to do this, you just have to really believe it’s going to respond. I have also done a dining table with someone weighing about 130 lbs sitting on it. It moved about a foot across the floor till they jumped off and went running out of the room! When I table tip with the table that I use regularly, after placing my hands on it for just a couple seconds, it starts creaking and wanting to move around. After about 30 seconds or so two legs will lift up, then I can ask questions or just let it move around. The time varies depending on who is around me, or how comfortable I am. The more time I spend on it, the less physical contact I need to have it move around.

Saying that it is nothing more than subconscious muscular movement is just an easy way to try to debunk it. I kind of think that it does play a part though; after all we have been taught for centuries that it takes a physical force to move something. This is why it’s good to start with a light-weight table. It’s easier for us to believe a lighter object can move on its own compared to something really heavy. I have done this for years and it still creates a block in my head when I attempt to do something heavier, it creates doubt, we are taught it takes a big physical force to move something heavy. It is hard to unlearn that. Also, when your hands are on the table you can feel the energy moving around, and instinctively want to help, or improve it. So you tend to physically unknowingly try to help or guide it. But sometimes the energy will move abruptly and push against you or go a direction that you’re not expecting. It still can't explain how accurately it can answer questions that you have no way of knowing the answer to. Like...how many dollar bills are in Dan's wallet? To this question, you could get different answers. Maybe, how many $1 dollar bills are in Dan's wallet would be better. But maybe even using Dan's full name would be more appropriate. The questions have to be very specific, or else you don't know how the question was interpreted.

You don't have to be a medium to do this stuff; anyone can do it, with just a little patience and belief. And it turns out to be whatever you think it is. It is a really subtle force. It doesn't have to be dark (I have done this outside in the middle of the day). It doesn't have to be a haunted location either. Any location will work; it just depends on how that location makes you feel as to how it will respond. I really think that it has something to do with the human psyche that we really don't understand. When table tipping, the table shows definite signs of intelligence and character. If you put on music it will tend to "dance". If people are laughing...it tends to laugh or be joking. One time I observed it "looking" at something in the room when people were talking about something and not paying attention to the table. The table skewed in that direction as if it had eyes on the side that was up in the air, to look at what they were talking about! Whether it is our spirit or our mind, or maybe universal mind. Consciousness, sub consciousness, or super consciousness. There is definitely something to the table tipping phenomena that deserves more attention!

I also have a video of me table tipping. It was just a spur of the moment random video. I had just gotten a new cell phone and my girlfriend was messing with my camera and I was messing with the table so she filmed it. I am a new member and it won't let me post my video...but you can see it here...my youtube channel is...youtube.com/user/platodna. Or just type in "table tilting" at google, and go to videos...mine should show up.

Last edited by PlatoDNA on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PlatoDNA

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 am

Thank you for the report and welcome to this fine forum. It takes me back to when i was looking into whether Spiritualism held anything of value.

While it seems reasonable to say that Mediumship is 'about survival evidence', it has other purposes, too. If/ when phenomena occur, there has to be an explanation (apart from trickery). Should all the usual concepts not be able to point to an explanation, then it must lie beyond the obvious.
The response often arouses curiosity or fear, when 'rational' explanation fails to explain.
If the phenomena creates a desire to 'find out' then it has served to open minds to consider other possibilities, just like Mediumship. When it is realised that there has to be Intelligence underlying the phenomena, the genuine enquirer finds themselves at one of Life's great crossroads.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:27 am

Interesting report PlatoDNA. I don't doubt any of it, as I have experienced something similar several times over the last nearly twenty years. However, in my case success has always been with recognised physical mediums present, and I failed several times when I tried table tilting myself, or with interested friends. We knew, and believed, it could be done, but it didn't happen.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 am

Interesting Normy in the NSAC this work, Table Tipping, Speaking Trumpets and Transfiguration has no relation to physical mediums as you may define them. Dark Seances are banned and traditional mental mediums do this type of mediumship.

Sub consciously our physical mediums have been programmed to belive Dark Seances are necessary amd light or noise is dangerous. The sub conscious mind and the psychic forces are very powerful so they can be self fulfilling prophecies. It is important to look at the developmental differences between the USA and the UK .

Plato DNA we are not talking abut the classic muscular movements like Michael Faraday's first debunking of table work circa 1852 but the groundbreaking work of Cox Crookes and DD Home where even Home believed Spirit was not involved agreeing on a Psychic Force. Of a necessity this includes the sub conscious element of mind control yielding results that you personally do know, like the money in a wallet which one party knows and becomes available to all. Not Spirit but fascinating anyway.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:58 pm

By now subscribers to Psychic News may have seen the report on page 7, issue 4087, 22 Sep - 6 Octber 2012, mentioning table tilting at 'Leicester Progressive Spiritualist Church and Training Centre'. There's also a very old photo showing four people sitting down to 'perform' this tilting.

I've followed this thread casually and was reading the report in an equally casual way when I noticed the name of a former website member. The report says of the upcoming autumn events: "...A planned highlight and something perhaps unusual in Spiritualist churches will be the centre's 'in house' branch of the Qi Gong Health Academy offer of a class led by Qi Gong Grandmaster 9th Duan 'Sifu' Peter Keefe." ah, so, grasshopper.... Laughing

To say that such an academy is " ....something perhaps unusual in Spiritualist churches...." is somewhat of an understatement! Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatoDNA Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:05 pm

I am not familiar with the work of Cox Crookes and DD Home, but I will have to check into it. The table can answer questions correctly that even the people at the table, or around it do not personally know. You can have a jar with a random amount of marbles in it that nobody at the table has ever seen or been around, and it will still give the correct amount. It could mean that there is more going on with the levels of cousciousness than what we are aware of.

PlatoDNA

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatoDNA Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey Normy, you just need to be patient. When first starting, especially by yourself, it could take some time. Don't let the failed attempts leave you thinking...last time this didn't work, or I didn't feel anything. It would help to have 4 people and preferrably an old card table, the ones which usually have a pattern on top and are really light weight. Would be best too for everyone to say....up table up, up table up...at a steady pace all at the same time. Take occasional breaks. Keep reassuring yourself...your gonna feel something, even if its somebody accidently moving the table...you can use that to imagine it working...this does help. The more time you spend the more things you will feel and the more movements you will get. The mood should be relaxed and fun...you can't be too concentrated or focused. If you keep working at it, it will happen. When it does, the next time will be even easier and faster. Just be patient and keep at it!

PlatoDNA

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 am

Here is Sir William Crookes book Researches in the phenomena of spiritualism (1874)

http://archive.org/details/researchesinphe00croo
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 am

There is also the other short book of his Remarkable spirit manifestations (1891)

http://archive.org/details/remarkablespirit00croo
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 am

His fellow investigator Edward William Cox wrote his own account Spiritualism answered by science (1872)
http://archive.org/details/spiritualismansw00coxe

While Crookes was an eminent scientist Cox was a very eminent Barrister at Law. He also became very interested in Psycology becoming President of the Psychological Society of Great Britain.

You can read a book he wrote A Monograph on Sleep and Dream: Their Physiology and Psychology ... (1878)
http://archive.org/details/amonographonsle01coxgoog

A reminder of the close relationship between the developing understanding of Psychology and Spiritualism
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 am

mac wrote:By now subscribers to Psychic News may have seen the report on page 7, issue 4087, 22 Sep - 6 Octber 2012, mentioning table tilting at 'Leicester Progressive Spiritualist Church and Training Centre'. There's also a very old photo showing four people sitting down to 'perform' this tilting.

I've followed this thread casually and was reading the report in an equally casual way when I noticed the name of a former website member. The report says of the upcoming autumn events: "...A planned highlight and something perhaps unusual in Spiritualist churches will be the centre's 'in house' branch of the Qi Gong Health Academy offer of a class led by Qi Gong Grandmaster 9th Duan 'Sifu' Peter Keefe." ah, so, grasshopper.... Laughing

To say that such an academy is " ....something perhaps unusual in Spiritualist churches...." is somewhat of an understatement! Wink

Hmm I noticed that our ex member gets Leicester progressive good coverage, I also noted a fortnight before he had a letter published where he was a Dr through a phd. He is consistent, he always said we should move on and the only important part of Spiritualism was survival and Spiritualist Centres should let it all happen. Pretty impressive to get to Grandmaster 9th Duan "Sifu" he must have spent many years working at this.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 am

Yes the Leicester centre's had some useful publicity and all power to their elbow albeit it's not my idea of a centre involving the word 'Spiritualist'.

I too had noticed, as you mention, that he was qualified to PhD level but it wasn't obvious from the quality of his postings. Having said that the quantity was impressive at times and maybe reflected his academic accomplishments, although I don't understand his 'Grandmaster' healing qualification.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatoDNA Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am

Hey Admin, thanks for posting those links on Crookes and Cox. I will have the look into those when I have some time.

PlatoDNA

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeB Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi Wes, This is my first time posting on the site, so I hope I get it right. Table tilting is a very good fun way of creating psychic/spirit energies, although it can be somewhat tedious and requires a great deal of patience. I have experienced table tilting on many occasions and do find it rather interesting, but as already quoted not always very good evidence of survival, but nonetheless worth a "wee try", after all what is life but an experience.
WeeB Smile

WeeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Admin wrote:Pretty impressive to get to Grandmaster 9th Duan "Sifu" he must have spent many years working at this.

Sounds like a gobbledygook title to me. Compare that "qualification" to Allan Kelson's, who teaches in Adelaide:

My Qi Gong (Chi Kung) training and accreditation comes from Xi Yuan Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Beijing), Beidahe Qi Gong Rehabilitation Hospital (China), Beijing & Shanxi Colleges of Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Beijing Sports University.

I have completed the International Qi Gong (Chi Kung) Training Course in Beijing, and I am an accredited International Wai Dan Chi Kung Instructor. I am a Foundation Member of the World Academic Society of Medical Qi Gong (WASMQ) in China, and was elected a Standing Council Member in 1993. Elected to the Executive Council in 2004 & to the Position of Deputy - Secretary General in 2006.

I am also a Master Instructor and Honorary Member of the Swedish Medical Chi Kung society, where I conduct training and workshops from time to time.

Finally, I've been training at Shaolin in Kung Fu and Qi Gong (Chi Kung) sets since 1989. My teachers are both 31st Generation Shaolin Monks from the Songshan Shaolin Temple, including my teacher Master Feng Geng Hui who is also the director of the Henan Shaolin Wushu Institute.

So if such a title as 9th level Duan exists, one would think you would need to speak fluent cantonese or mandarin, and be a regular visitor to China to earn it...
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 pm

WeeB wrote:Hi Wes, This is my first time posting on the site, so I hope I get it right. Table tilting is a very good fun way of creating psychic/spirit energies, although it can be somewhat tedious and requires a great deal of patience. I have experienced table tilting on many occasions and do find it rather interesting, but as already quoted not always very good evidence of survival, but nonetheless worth a "wee try", after all what is life but an experience.
WeeB Smile

Looks like you got it right Weeb :-)
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 pm

My Qi Gong (Chi Kung) training and accreditation comes from Xi Yuan Hospital

I had been thinking the thoughts you expressed Wes, "larger than life" comes to my mind in many ways. Oh by the way one of my regular group members is moving back to Queensland in the new year and April Mackie is visiting Aus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 pm

WeeB wrote:Hi Wes, This is my first time posting on the site, so I hope I get it right. Table tilting is a very good fun way of creating psychic/spirit energies, although it can be somewhat tedious and requires a great deal of patience. I have experienced table tilting on many occasions and do find it rather interesting, but as already quoted not always very good evidence of survival, but nonetheless worth a "wee try", after all what is life but an experience.
WeeB Smile

Hi WeeB welcome to the forum I agree with your thoughts.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatoDNA Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Here is a short video of me table tilting.

PlatoDNA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3