SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit of Aaron Russo appears on digital camera

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spirit of Aaron Russo appears on digital camera - Page 2 Empty Re: Spirit of Aaron Russo appears on digital camera

Post by Admin Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12 am

I must be reading a very different thread to you Leslie, I cannot see what Mac has said which you could interpret badly. Macs position is very straightforward about Modern Spiritualism and nothing on this thread was aggressive as far as I can see.

I think Mac is quite right to stand up for the label we have. The progressive dilution to the acceptance of all things New Age is just as dangerous for the movement as is poor mediumship. I tend to find one is rather interlinked with the other as many new agers feel proof of surviaval a waste of time. Too many untrained 'mediums" do psychism "spirit says" when it could be their subconscious, the persons energy or delusion just as easily and indeed more probably.

Personally I feel that although we may move forward incorporating things it should be through intelligence and discernment. In some ways labels are important.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spirit of Aaron Russo appears on digital camera - Page 2 Empty Re: Spirit of Aaron Russo appears on digital camera

Post by _Leslie_ Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:29 am

I think it might be about perception and obviously, I perceived what mac has said differently to you, hence I stand by my opinion.
(no doubt he'll now perceive your comment as an indication of support and possibly see it it as an opportunity to 'reopen' dialogue - which you will have also read, I've tried to not continue... I hope not... )
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am

KatyKing wrote:Just been watching Monty Somebody doing eight days on a beam trawler. Now that is hard graft.
Mrs. K gets those celeb mags every week. There are some in there just famous because they are never out of the mags. They don't seem to do anything except turn up to parties and have their photo taken. At least our celebrity mediums do something for a living.
Not for me. I don't particularly enjoy parties. Nice silver tea now,that I like. Little cakes on tier stands, cucumber and salmon sandwiches and maybe Earl Grey in nice china. There's posh.
Mrs. K maintains that its the cake not the religion that's kept me a spiritualist. She was CofE but didn't go. We were courting six months before I let on was a medium . Now she'll turn up for a special and helps out with bookings. Funny how things turn out. We moved here six years ago and Elaine next door who has become best mates with Mrs K turns out to be a spiritualist. I had to keep my religion quiet at work until this last few years but with diversity nobody can say anything against us now and for that I am thankful to oir Moslem colleagues they won concessions for time off for religious reasons so we all can have similar rights. I can have paid leave for Hydesville Day if I want it.
Shame that's all we have. I was thinking of pitching an annual pilgrimage to Lily Dale along the lines of thr Moslem Haj to Mecca but don't think management would wear it.
Spiritualism as a religion is a bit wanting in high days and holy days more' the pity.
The omly Spiritualist crowd I'e come acrss that I would say were a 'it keen'in saying they are more right than the rest of us are those who say that it's not a religion. My answer is always 'Not to you it aint,but to me it is religion but not 'A' religion' and leave it at that. Each to their own. But some of 'em will bang on.

Way too many words above for me to follow so just for simplicity, are you a Spiritualist? And are you a Spiritualist and/or evidential medium?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:41 am

_Leslie_ wrote:I think it might be about perception and obviously, I perceived what mac has said differently to you, hence I stand by my opinion.
(no doubt he'll now perceive your comment as an indication of support and possibly see it it as an opportunity to 'reopen' dialogue - which you will have also read, I've tried to not continue... I hope not... )

I can stand up for myself and I've already said my piece on the earlier matter but perhaps you could tell us if you're a (Modern) Spiritualist and/or an evidential medium?

It might help me to understand your own position. Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 am

Hello mac,
We've had this conversation before. I'm public medium, member of a Progressive Spiritualist Church and contributor/advertiser in PN and TW since
1977. Sorry my postings are over long for your taste, feel free to skip them in future. Hope that helps.
Best Regards
KK
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm

KatyKing wrote:Hello mac,
We've had this conversation before. I'm public medium, member of a Progressive Spiritualist Church and contributor/advertiser in PN and TW since
1977. Sorry my postings are over long for your taste, feel free to skip them in future. Hope that helps.
Best Regards
KK

Ok, thanks. I must have forgotten what you said before - sorry. I will indeed continue to skip over your postings as I have thus far.

So you're a "public medium" which I'll have to guess that might mean an 'evidential medium'? A member of "a Progressive Spiritualist Church" so perhaps not a traditional Spiritualist (?) And maybe a Spiritualist medium, but you haven't actually said that either..... An advertiser/contributor to PN? Not sure what that says but it's not what I asked about anyway.

I'm sure I shall be accused of being a pedant but I find that clear expression helps better understanding.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Best we leave it at that mac. Just ignore Very Happy my posts and I'll not respond to yours. It'll save any confusion.
Best Regards.
KK
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:48 pm

KatyKing wrote:Best we leave it at that mac. Just ignore Very Happy my posts and I'll not respond to yours. It'll save any confusion.
Best Regards.
KK

another Les-style reaction then, eh? Rolling Eyes

You know...when folk react in such ways, it leaves me wondering what they're avoiding. Question

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:31 am

Corinthian Church & Healing Association - so you're a medium as defined by this church organisation, the one you appear to serve - if my research is accurate.

So why, one wonders, the evasion? Why, one might wonder, would someone post on a Spiritualist website but refuse to disclose their own, very different persuasion and interest?

Not a Spiritualist medium at all then and no indication what kind of mediumship (psychism?) you use. But now I understand what you said earlier "Best we leave it at that mac. Just ignore my posts and I'll not respond to yours. It'll save any confusion."

No need to respond as there's now no confusion at all, Peter..... Wink Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2