SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Small Case of Rescue Work.

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Small Case of Rescue Work. Empty A Small Case of Rescue Work.

Post by petal34 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 pm

I was telling Left Behind about this case a while ago.
He suggested I place it on here.

My next door neighbour passed away a few days ago.
Very quiet gentleman and very polite and educated.
We often passed the time of day but that was all.

I live in Sheltered Housing so the walls are pretty thin between each bungalow.
I often used to hear him prowling about during the night.
He was a Manic-depressive.
Could not settle down to sleep at night and a very restless nature.
He was also a well educated man being a Professor of what subject,I have no idea.

The last few nights after his physical death,I was woken up many times by hearing knocks,bangs etc from next door.
The last evening I was woken at 4am by the sound of a door being slammed shut.
I had a very strong feeling he was still around but not sure if he realised he had passed from the physical life.
Not quite sure what to do but having heard of rescue work,thought I would have a try to 'settle' his spirit down and convince him where he was.
I spoke softly from my thoughts and mind to tell him he was no longer in the physical world and for him to leave in peace.
Since then I haven't heard another bang,clatter or sounds of movement in his bungalow.
Was I doing the correct procedure?
Petal
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

A Small Case of Rescue Work. Empty Re: A Small Case of Rescue Work.

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Good work. Sounds like what you did helped him over Petal.
The best spirit release and rescue work is just like this. Quiet ,gentle and peacefully loving.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 am

You might well have a talent for rescue mediumship, Joanie. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks Jim and Katy King.

I wouldn't have a clue about rescue work,just spoke to him as I used to speak to him in life.
So pleased my thoughts went out to him.
Thanks for the support.
Petal Smile
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 am

Rescue work is something I'm often asked to undertake - last occasion was at a Hospital when I had to attend during the 'night shift' and tread softly as to not wake the patients.... Whist not the oddest 'phenomena wise' it certainly was different from a location point of view.
My experience has always been that 'love' certainly is the biggest weapon in our arsenal.

Sounds like you did a great service by possibly helping a fellow soul on their journey Petal Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Leslie.
My sister in law was a staff nurse many years ago and worked in a private hospital.
One of the 'habits' (couldn't think of another word) was to allow the body of a patient to lie after death for one hour.
This was to allow the spirit or soul to depart from the physical shell.
Also out of respect for the patient.
Most patients were in private rooms.
I was quite surprised at this.

I have heard of rescue work being carried out in hospitals.
A most worth while request to allow a spirit to go the light.
Petal Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 pm

petal34 wrote:Hi Leslie.
My sister in law was a staff nurse many years ago and worked in a private hospital.
One of the 'habits' (couldn't think of another word) was to allow the body of a patient to lie after death for one hour.
As am I - I never knew this.

Petal Very Happy
This was the first 'active' and 'working' hospital I have been called to. Quite a strange experience on its own...

I've a set of 'pre-set' questions I ask to be completed before attending anywhere, as experience has taught that most of cases have a perfectly explainable explanation - and all to often, bears no related to paranormal phenomena in any shape or form Wink

There's some good books out there on the subject of which Penny Barber (SNU) has written a few, which if I recall can be purchased via the 'net'. If you need details or Penny's contact number etc.. PM me Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:24 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:
As am I - I never knew this.

Petal Very Happy
This was the first 'active' and 'working' hospital I have been called to. Quite a strange experience on its own...

I've a set of 'pre-set' questions I ask to be completed before attending anywhere, as experience has taught that most of cases have a perfectly explainable explanation - and all to often, bears no related to paranormal phenomena in any shape or form Wink

There's some good books out there on the subject of which Penny Barber (SNU) has written a few, which if I recall can be purchased via the 'net'. If you need details or Penny's contact number etc.. PM me Smile

Thanks Leslie for your help Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

petal34 wrote:

I wouldn't have a clue about rescue work,
Petal Smile

Sure you do, Petal: you did what worked! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Petal Very Happy

An excellent idea!

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Left Behind wrote:
petal34 wrote:

I wouldn't have a clue about rescue work,
Petal Smile

Sure you do, Petal: you did what worked! Very Happy

Jim

Thanks Jim! Nice to have a little support.
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm

That certainly happened with room cases when I was nursing also older staff nurses would put coins usually ten pence pieces one over each closed eye of the deceased. Those would be removed in the mortuary. Didn't happen so much on open wards on day shiftts. Porters collected pretty quickly. I think the coins thing was a very old practice we were certainly never trained to do it. Not done much in the way of rescue work so always interesting to hear of others experiences. Will oblige if asked but not work I'd seek to do.
Local chap runs a paranormal investigation group. They book a room at church for meetings. Everyone calls them the ghostbusters. They'll take a medium out to what they call clearances. No idea what they do when they get get there. My approach mirrors yours petal. Even if I don't see or sense I'll still chat to the spirit person and pray with them to move onwards .
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 am

KatyKing wrote:That certainly happened with room cases when I was nursing also older staff nurses would put coins usually ten pence pieces one over each closed eye of the deceased. Those would be removed in the mortuary. Didn't happen so much on open wards on day shiftts. Porters collected pretty quickly. I think the coins thing was a very old practice we were certainly never trained to do it. Not done much in the way of rescue work so always interesting to hear of others experiences. Will oblige if asked but not work I'd seek to do.
Local chap runs a paranormal investigation group. They book a room at church for meetings. Everyone calls them the ghostbusters. They'll take a medium out to what they call clearances. No idea what they do when they get get there. My approach mirrors yours petal. Even if I don't see or sense I'll still chat to the spirit person and pray with them to move onwards .

Ten pence coins? Laughing It was usually old pennies when I was a girl.
Not me,but was told about this when I was a young girl. It horrified me.
Wouldn't even go in and see my old grand dad after he passed.
Never seen a dead body in my life.
Had a horror in case his eyes opened.
That was death in my young days.
Shocked
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 am

silent Near enough fresh from school and very wet behind the ears. On our second day of training we had to attend the mortuary to observe an autopsy. Work experience counted for something back in 68. Mind you that was the Army Medical Corps and we were told at the end after half a dozen trainees had fled the morgue never to be seen again that they did it to weed out the squeamish. Worked too!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 am

Mrs K is the same way, first 'dead' person she saw was her mother eight years ago and she said the self same thing 'I was frightened she would open her eyes'.
Waiting for mist to lift so I can get back to digging over potato patch on allotment. Did two hours yesterday first this season. Mind is willing,and I enjoy it but if my poor old back had a vote....... it does not want to go.
Peterborough Regional College out your way was one of our teacher training venues until last year petal. They've gone with Anglia Ruskin University now. I miss the observation visits around Cambridgeshire, lovely countryside.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Cambridgeshire is lovely,very much country side.
I live in the small town of St.Neots.
Very friendly folk and relaxing.
I am five mins from the Spiritualist church and the town centre,very handy.

I know Peterborough,having a net friend up there.
Often visit when the two of us can get together,and have lunch.

Funerals! Nowt like a wake up north!
There everyone is,crying their eyes out then dishing the dirt on the dearly departed afterwards.
Suspect

Enjoy your digging! Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Three rows of Arran Pilot planted and stiff as a board. It was too hot to carry on by one o clock. Not complaining. Days like these are a bonus in March. I know St Neots lovely place. Peterborough I can take or leave. The powers that be there recruited Polish teachers in Poland and imported them. That when home grown teachers were being made redundant here.
Funerals are a mixed bag in NW now it was all cold cuts, tripe and tea at a UCP Cafe in the old days after interment. We still call silverskin onions .. funeral pickles.
I took a funeral prior to moving here for someone from a rough council estate. There was a punch up over flowers outside the crem. I beat a hasty retreat.
Not me but the story's true and a good un. Recently deceased came back to his widow at a Lancashire Spiritualist church via medium. He was furious . Wife had had him buried with Co Op funeral service and him a former president and lifelong stalwart of the local Conservative Club committee!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Mrs K shares this one.
She went to a funeral of a work colleague. One of attenders fancied herself as a bit of a tarot card and tea leaf reader always benging on about her 'mystical powers' at work. They come out from crem and are looking at flowers. One arrangement is shaped like a cat. 'Psychic' gushes... 'I just knew she would get a cat arrangement. I saw it clearly in the cards just last night. It's what she would have wanted'.
Hearing this the funeral director comes over and tells her non too quietly. 'Those tributes are from the previous service madam... this committals flowers are over there'. [no cat flowers to be seen]. Lesley [Mrs K] says someone approached her concerned she was sobbing when in fact she was shaking with suppressed giggles over what had been said. Deceased, who Mrs K knew well, hated cats with a passion being allergic to cat hair.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:58 pm

KatyKing wrote:That certainly happened with room cases when I was nursing also older staff nurses would put coins usually ten pence pieces one over each closed eye of the deceased. Those would be removed in the mortuary. Didn't happen so much on open wards on day shiftts. Porters collected pretty quickly. I think the coins thing was a very old practice we were certainly never trained to do it.

I sometimes wonder whether that dates back to ancient Greece: the coin being a fare for the riverman, Charon, to ferry the deceased across the River Styx?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:06 pm

That plus inflation Jim from a penny in petal's experience to ten pence in mine.
I kid you not, I have a grand daughter called Charon. Her mum [ex daughter in law] thought it classier than Sharon.
We should all get to name our own parents.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:08 pm

KatyKing wrote: silent Near enough fresh from school and very wet behind the ears. On our second day of training we had to attend the mortuary to observe an autopsy. Work experience counted for something back in 68. Mind you that was the Army Medical Corps and we were told at the end after half a dozen trainees had fled the morgue never to be seen again that they did it to weed out the squeamish. Worked too!

I had a law school classmate who tried unsuccessfully to become an FBI agent. He told me that one thing they did was to hand him a revolver - allegedly, to test his gripping strength - and tell him that they were going to time him to see how many times he could pull the trigger in one minute.

I asked him if he broke the action open to see if the gun was loaded. He told me no, that he just started pulling the trigger.

I told him that he flunked the test the instant he pulled the trigger. I told him that if for some reason they really wanted to measure his gripping strenght, there are devices that can do that accurately: that they were really observing him to see whether he was scared of the gun, and whether he was careful with the gun: and that anyone who looked frightened when they handed it to him, OR who pulled the trigger without checking to see that it was unloaded, flinked the test.

It was interesting to see the "Oh, S#$T!" look on his face while he tried to convince me and himself otherwise! Shocked Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:41 pm

KatyKing wrote:Mrs K shares this one.
She went to a funeral of a work colleague. One of attenders fancied herself as a bit of a tarot card and tea leaf reader always benging on about her 'mystical powers' at work. They come out from crem and are looking at flowers. One arrangement is shaped like a cat. 'Psychic' gushes... 'I just knew she would get a cat arrangement. I saw it clearly in the cards just last night. It's what she would have wanted'.
Hearing this the funeral director comes over and tells her non too quietly. 'Those tributes are from the previous service madam... this committals flowers are over there'. [no cat flowers to be seen]. Lesley [Mrs K] says someone approached her concerned she was sobbing when in fact she was shaking with suppressed giggles over what had been said. Deceased, who Mrs K knew well, hated cats with a passion being allergic to cat hair.

I can well imagine that. Remember when Ken and I went to arrange our funeral.
I 'threatened' him with the most dire punishment if he put his foot in it.
Out came the book with the coffins in,I held my breath!
Rolling Eyes
He took one look at the coffins then the prices!
Shoved the book away and told her 'Haven't you got any cardboard coffins for free?'
Then to me 'Haven't you got a few of those blue council bags left?'
The funeral director broke down in laughter.

Now this is an example of his sense of humour.
After he passed,I received a message from the spiritualist church,very good medium there that evening.
I was told 'he is telling me you will see him this Saturday evening'.

On the Friday of that week,I received a message to tell me that Ken's ashes had arrived from the crem.
I picked them up and felt quite sick!
Where was my lovely 6ft hubby,this wasn't him in a box,was the thoughts going through my mind.

I had made promises to send some of his ashes to his family and was also taking some to Australia to scatter at the war memorial in Melbourne.
So decided to do that awful job on the coming Saturday evening.
All prepared,I laid a white sheet on the counter top and sorted the boxes out.
As I picked up something to ladle the ashes into boxes,it struck me what the medium had told.

The language was terrible!
I was seeing him alright...... Laughing
That was Ken's sense of humour,gritty but funny.
But he is now where he wanted to be.....Melbourne,spread over the surf in Brisbane,with his family and buried in the back garden of our home and some which will always be with me.
When my time comes.....he will pay for all this...... lol!
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Did you ever read a copy of the Two Worlds from a while back?

I love Tony Ortzen's introduction at the beginning of the magazine.
He was writing about funerals in Oz. Some of the hymns that were sung at a funeral there.

One was,I think,about someone's mother-in-law's funeral.
The song was 'The Old Witch is Gone'
Can't remember the second one he spoke about.
Typical Aussie humour.....I love it!
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:42 pm

KatyKing wrote:Three rows of Arran Pilot planted and stiff as a board. It was too hot to carry on by one o clock. Not complaining. Days like these are a bonus in March. I know St Neots lovely place. Peterborough I can take or leave. The powers that be there recruited Polish teachers in Poland and imported them. That when home grown teachers were being made redundant here.
Funerals are a mixed bag in NW now it was all cold cuts, tripe and tea at a UCP Cafe in the old days after interment. We still call silverskin onions .. funeral pickles.
I took a funeral prior to moving here for someone from a rough council estate. There was a punch up over flowers outside the crem. I beat a hasty retreat.
Not me but the story's true and a good un. Recently deceased came back to his widow at a Lancashire Spiritualist church via medium. He was furious . Wife had had him buried with Co Op funeral service and him a former president and lifelong stalwart of the local Conservative Club committee!

What's Arran Pilot,Katy?
Tripe? Shocked
Ugh!
Nowt wrong with the Co-op.......cheap skates we are..... Laughing
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Left Behind wrote:
KatyKing wrote: silent Near enough fresh from school and very wet behind the ears. On our second day of training we had to attend the mortuary to observe an autopsy. Work experience counted for something back in 68. Mind you that was the Army Medical Corps and we were told at the end after half a dozen trainees had fled the morgue never to be seen again that they did it to weed out the squeamish. Worked too!

I had a law school classmate who tried unsuccessfully to become an FBI agent. He told me that one thing they did was to hand him a revolver - allegedly, to test his gripping strength - and tell him that they were going to time him to see how many times he could pull the trigger in one minute.

I asked him if he broke the action open to see if the gun was loaded. He told me no, that he just started pulling the trigger.

I told him that he flunked the test the instant he pulled the trigger. I told him that if for some reason they really wanted to measure his gripping strenght, there are devices that can do that accurately: that they were really observing him to see whether he was scared of the gun, and whether he was careful with the gun: and that anyone who looked frightened when they handed it to him, OR who pulled the trigger without checking to see that it was unloaded, flinked the test.

It was interesting to see the "Oh, S#$T!" look on his face while he tried to convince me and himself otherwise! Shocked Very Happy

Jim

I can imagine,Jim.
I would have ran for my life..... Rolling Eyes
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next