SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Times Magazine 18 March on AFC

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Times Magazine  18 March on AFC Empty Sunday Times Magazine 18 March on AFC

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Interesting four page spread in today's Sunday Times Magazine . Good photos by Muir Vidler. Reporter Katie Glass undercover at an AFC ' Professional Mediumship Course' £440 for the week.
Will post a link if there is one.
Well written and quite tongue in cheek but fair. Last para reads....
......." It is the fourth day and I am paired with Claire a straightforward
,kind hearted woman. She brings through a man to speak to me 'a heavy smoker,with a foreign accent,dark hair,a business mind' She doesn't know my surname but she 'sees the letter G' Then she describes my dad,who died two years ago. The message is simple ' He's saying he's proud of you,'.
Who wouldn't want to believe in that?"..............
Same last page has a three short column insert piece by same journo on Sally Morgan with pics of SM plus SM on stage before a full auditorium seeming to imply that a message Sally gives from stage for 'Carol' who booked her tickets online and they were sent to her email address could have been info gleaned from Carol's social network pages.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Sunday Times Magazine  18 March on AFC Empty Re: Sunday Times Magazine 18 March on AFC

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I'd venture that ST reporter Ms. Glass may well be, what we term in the trade;
.... 'Somewhat conflicted'.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Sunday Times Magazine  18 March on AFC Empty Re: Sunday Times Magazine 18 March on AFC

Post by _Leslie_ Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am

KatyKing wrote:Interesting four page spread in today's Sunday Times Magazine . Good photos by Muir Vidler. Reporter Katie Glass undercover at an AFC ' Professional Mediumship Course' £440 for the week.
Will post a link if there is one.
Well written and quite tongue in cheek but fair. Last para reads....
......." It is the fourth day and I am paired with Claire a straightforward
,kind hearted woman. She brings through a man to speak to me 'a heavy smoker,with a foreign accent,dark hair,a business mind' She doesn't know my surname but she 'sees the letter G' Then she describes my dad,who died two years ago. The message is simple ' He's saying he's proud of you,'.
Who wouldn't want to believe in that?"..............
Didn't read any of the Sunday papers yesterday. But when I do, I always take what I read with a little 'tongue in cheek' Wink

Same last page has a three short column insert piece by same journo on Sally Morgan with pics of SM plus SM on stage before a full auditorium seeming to imply that a message Sally gives from stage for 'Carol' who booked her tickets online and they were sent to her email address could have been info gleaned from Carol's social network pages.
Neither 'for' nor 'against' Sally Morgan, but I do think its fair to say that suggesting anyone takes finds personal information from a social network is a little far fetched for my thinking - don't you have to be friends with a person to read things about them? (unless of course their profile is public). And of course if you could recall such information - you'd need one amazing memory Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:49 pm

I'd say so too Leslie. Not familiar with social networking myself but teh article implied it was easy to obtain info once you had someone's email address. i wondered how they knew about 'Carol' and if she was in cahoots with the reporter.
Hard to say.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down