SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meditation, and Mediumship

+2
KatyKing
Left Behind
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Meditation, and Mediumship - Page 2 Empty Re: Meditation, and Mediumship

Post by Quiet Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:38 pm

KatyKing wrote: sunny Lana is it Jim?

Q you are spot on. Everyone has their own path to walk there's as many different ways to develop as there are people. Everybody is psychic like it or not. We're spirit first and foremost
Mediumship I reckon is more common than some say because so many people report mediumistic experiences. Loved ones in Spirit will contact whom they will. Its just that most folk don't take the time to listen or they are so wrapped up in a technique for listening and/or worldly busy-ness that can't listen well or they're deaf to all save their own desires for contact and that becomes a barrier. Quiet reflection call it meditation if you will, in any form that suits is the best path. That's a way which has stood the test of time. If you like the Desert Fathers [John the Dwarf is my all time favourite. So funny but so wise too] and have beads handy then the Jesus Prayer technique with the breathing is very good. If mind wanders just gently bring it back to the breath plus the words. You'll get there. Martin and 'Liz' [Betty?] in Spirit are both rooting for you and send regards and there could be a nun as wants to apologize too. But ya kinda knew that anyway.

Thanks KK. Smile. Liz (Elizabeth (Betty) is my maternal great grandmother, born in Yorkshire in 1847 and migrated here in the 1870's. After my father, she was the first person to come through in spirit and she has done so a number of times now. Before that I had no knowledge of her but through that first appearance discovered a side of family history that none of us knew - and some new cousins. Elizabeth was quite a remarkable woman. Not sure about Martin ... but the knowledge will come, as did Elizabeth. There are various nuns .......... not sure which one this is.

And yes, I do keep getting the call to silence. The onus is on me to make that happen. Life goes on. I think I have been walking on the right path without realising it ...... always wandering off, looking for something else Smile.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Wandering off is good. You find new places Q.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Martin in oz I feel not Yorkshire. White coat but not a Doctor. Something to do with lanolin could be a chemist or grading wool. Smells of sheep but no sheep around him. Rode a horse to get to work but riding in a town not countryside and there are trams round him. Stocky chap shiny hair. Watch chain? Mayoral chain? Held some office chain proudly significant. He has you very young looking at an old stereoscope 3D picture gizmo. Old photos like two postcards side by side you looked at them through some sort of wooden lensy thing to see one 3D picture. He has to do with that may be pictures of England and it was an old toy to Martin when he was a boy too. He could have come back from the first world war. There's a Clarice Cliff orange and cream square teapot to do with this link too. Has to be pre second World War so before your time. It'll shape up if its your message.

Nun might be an assumption but Assumpta or like that anyway.
Total cow on this side. Much nicer now.

HTH.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 pm

KatyKing wrote:Martin in oz I feel not Yorkshire. White coat but not a Doctor. Something to do with lanolin could be a chemist or grading wool. Smells of sheep but no sheep around him. Rode a horse to get to work but riding in a town not countryside and there are trams round him. Stocky chap shiny hair. Watch chain? Mayoral chain? Held some office chain proudly significant. He has you very young looking at an old stereoscope 3D picture gizmo. Old photos like two postcards side by side you looked at them through some sort of wooden lensy thing to see one 3D picture. He has to do with that may be pictures of England and it was an old toy to Martin when he was a boy too. He could have come back from the first world war. There's a Clarice Cliff orange and cream square teapot to do with this link too. Has to be pre second World War so before your time. It'll shape up if its your message.

Nun might be an assumption but Assumpta or like that anyway.
Total cow on this side. Much nicer now.

HTH.

Not sure about this but will keep it in mind.

How strange the apparent connections can sometimes be. My brother was a scientist (chemistry)and worked in wool research and testing for 30 years. He used to manage wool classers amongst many others. His name is not Martin, however. My brother was very close to our mother, Elizabeth's grand daughter. He was city based but travelled a great deal in the country and overseas. He is still alive as well.

Could just be making things fit.

I am aware of very strong family support in spirit. Am looking forward to meeting all these long departed family members.

Do you think family themes work their way through life in spirit as well as life on the earthly plane?

Thanks again KK.

Last edited by Quiet on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 am

KatyKing wrote: Very Happy Keep at it Jim. I still get that Mari Beth round your posts too but I'm not much of an electronic medium.

Hmmm. . . that doesn't sound familiar, but I will think about it.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

KatyKing wrote:That plus some of 'em only want shills in the audience Jim.
We have suffered more at the hands of the physical merchants than from anything else.
It's not THAT some of 'em will be found out it's WHEN.
Always has happened always will because 99%of what passes for physical mediumship is conjuring tricks executed by heartless charlatans to gull the gullible or vulnerable.
We probably don't hear about the genuine phenomena.
Good rule of thumb........
If it's reported in the psychic 'trade' press and there was a paying audience... then it was faked.

I won't put you on the spot by asking you to mention any bad ones by name, Peter. But can you recommend any contemporary who you feel confident are the real thing?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm sure there are some genuine physical groups out there beavering away quietly circles and getting all sorts of physical evidence Jim. Bit like the old 'Saturday Night Club' they just get on with it and you only hear about it all much later because they don't really want publicity. My problem is none of the ones I know about who go in for physical phenomena will let me attend their sessions.
The minute they know my name then it's a no-no and disguises wouldn't work as I'm easy to spot. Not many 5 foot 10 stocky tattooed bald guys with obviously pierced ears and a broad Lancashire accent on the circuit. One becomes 'known'.... not famous you understand, notorious perhaps ;-)
Given the chance I'd give em all the benefit of the doubt. All I ask is to be able to wear night-sight ex military 'goggles'. Quite happy to sit at the back and promise to sign any affidavit not to speak, move or in any way interrupt proceedings. I just want to sit there and observe.
But will they let me?
Hey ho.
My old Dad sat with Helen Duncan now there was a physical medium's physical medium. No doubt at all about what was produced via Mrs. Duncan's mediumship. Minnie Harrison too, there's someone who was the absolute opposite of publicity seeking. Amazing phenomena and all witnessed by respectable non-self-seeking staid and very upright sober individuals.
Mate of mine who I respect has sat in at one of young Scott Milligan's performances. 'Some of it is a show' he said 'but then something will happen and you just think.....that could have been real'
I'd love to sit in with young Milligan but it won't happen. Even though we have bought one of his super-excellent seance trumpets.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

A couple of good names from the past, at least! Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Bit of a cheap gag that trumpet.
I can 'throw' my voice a bit (never ever done so whilst demming but magic and vent work was a hobby when I was growing up hence I'm very suss about the physical) I do do one or two fun tricks on the platform sometimes, not in services of course; but a riday or saturday social dem is fair play and folks enjoy it. I always tell them why and how it works.
Mrs. K's lady friend from next door just about took off vertical when the trumpet "said" 'Hello, Give us a kiss cheeky' to her.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Well I don't know I'm sure Q, it's a mystery. I just say what I get and those were pictures clear as a bell. Martin the name I just heard. Does seem a bit of a coincidence and (coincidentally) there's no such thing as one of those in spiritrualism.
:-)

I'm sticking to Martin. It'll come good if it's for you and if it's not I've dreamt it (not unusual).
Very Happy
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 pm

KatyKing wrote:Well I don't know I'm sure Q, it's a mystery. I just say what I get and those were pictures clear as a bell. Martin the name I just heard. Does seem a bit of a coincidence and (coincidentally) there's no such thing as one of those in spiritrualism.
:-)

I'm sticking to Martin. It'll come good if it's for you and if it's not I've dreamt it (not unusual).
Very Happy

Yes, I've taken a copy of what you said and put it in my diary in case something else comes up later Smile. The first time Elizabeth came through to me in 2007 I had nor idea who she was. A couple of months later I was 'nudged' to google my grandfather's name and found that someone in the UK had done the family tree. We knew almost nothing about my mother's family background at that time. Cutting the story short, Elizabeth has come through a number of times since and I've researched much more about her family in Yorkshire. They were quite comfortable traders way back in the 16th and 17th centuries and were well known in Leeds. They held municipal and church office (Anglican on this side of the family).

Of course, out here they were not well off at all but Elizabeth had an indomitable spirit. She taught school and piano on the goldfields to keep bread coming in when her husband was invalided.. Last year I visited the grave of her husband and infant child in one of the old cemeteries in a rural city here. That day was very moving and I felt that she was truly present as I sat near the grave and thought about them all. After her husband died, Elizabeth left Australia and settled in South Africa with her daughters and youngest son, leaving the two older boys here. One of the latter later became my grandfather.

In our family we seem to have repeated themes, as families do. My brother's work in the wool industry is connected to what our ancestors did in Yorkshire centuries ago. Teaching, nursing and positions in civil religious life also run in the family. Of course, we might never know the full story. I hope to visit Yorkshire in a few years.

So 'Martin' could be a family member or someone connected. I'll do some more checking.

The nun interests me as well. I wonder whether the name was 'Helena' rather than 'Assumpta' but who knows? Long story there. She was very scary to a naive 15 year old Smile. I am not aware that she owes me an apology but I hope she is at peace. Even as a teenager I knew she was not a happy person. There always seem to be nuns around me in spirit - not sure what that means. I think that one is a healer. though.

Very interesting KK Smile. I am aware of not 'making things fit' but will hold those things in consciousness to see whether at some time later they fall into place.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Good background Q. Ta.
Next village to my home in Lancashire is Todmorden. Lancs Yorks border ran through the length of terraced houses. Depending on which county set the lowest rates the residents switched front doors. One year back door in Yorkshire became front and hence the address for rates. Another year front door in Lancs would be used. That went on til the boundary was shifted in the eighties and they are in Yorkshire now like it or lump it.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by WishingMel Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Really cool to hear stories of families being traced back to other areas of the country, and to hear what professions relatives did..

WishingMel

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Millers yours were Mel.
Waterwheel not windmill.
Hence your own fondness for a fast flowing stream.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:55 pm

WishingMel wrote:Really cool to hear stories of families being traced back to other areas of the country, and to hear what professions relatives did..

Hi Mel,

I simply got the name "Elizabeth" from Spirit in a reading from a medium after a meditation class when I was new to all this. A couple of months later I got an intuitive 'nudge' to check my grandfather's name on the internet and found a family tree, That is how I discovered who Elizabeth was - my great grandmother. So my investigations took an earthly turn at that point Smile. Fascinating family story which I am still uncovering

Elizabeth has come through evidentially a number of times since with different mediums who don't know each other. I do feel quite strongly that she and the family are there with me. Elizabeth's son, my grandfather, also came through evidentially in a completely different church and with a different medium again.

So it has been a chain of events, connected to spiritual and earthly realms. After the nudge from my great grandmother, I searched the nornal ancestral records, newspapers et al Smile.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 pm

It's interesting how Spiritualism can tie in with many other subjects, like science, history, and genealogy.

What is it they say: our learning, and our character, are the only things we will take with us into the next world? Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:20 pm

And our wallets Jim.
Please tell me that I can take my wallet!
;-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Old Spanish proverb: There are no pockets in shrouds.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Very Happy We'll just have to ensure that our credit will be good there then.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Put your money in a bag and take a cheque with you to cash the other side Katy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 am

TRAVELLER'S checks, definitely: drawn on the Summerland National Bank!

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Very Happy Well if there's to be no money then I'll feel right at home cos Mrs. K. has all mine [such as it is ] now, and what you've never had you don't miss.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 am

You won't have any money there either, Peter: but you won't NEED any money there! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 am

I may set up a small shop selling essentials. Nothing too fancy, nice hats that sort of thing. queen
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Who will buy them when they can create them by visualizing them?

And you'd have to do business via barter, or via substitute currency. The way they use cigarettes in prison. Or so I'm told! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next