SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about the Scole Experiment?

+3
KatyKing
_Leslie_
Left Behind
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you think about the Scole Experiment? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think about the Scole Experiment?

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

I think that,s a really valid point Jim (admin) telekinesis could well explain some phenomena. Who is to differentiate? I've just sent Tom Harrison's extended book on his mum's physical mediumship to Jim LB. Definitely real phenomena I'd venture but some of it I reckon was telekinetic. Not all but possibly more than they realised at the time especially the movement of brass bells and other heavy items. I do think circles are good but not necessarily home based as the homeowner or medium tends to own the show no matter how chummy everyone is. Circles meeting regularly in neutral venues are possibly easier to sit in and perhaps more likely to succeed sooner. There's the human nature facet with home circles. Just say that someone emerges as a powerful physical medium who isn't the original medium of the home owner.
There's always the chance of jealousy rearing it's ugly head, that can happen in church based physical circles too but possibly the more 'democratic' neutral venue is a more effective forum to encourage development within the group. I'm watching our new church based physical circle with great interest.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the Scole Experiment? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think about the Scole Experiment?

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 pm

KatyKing wrote:Circles meeting regularly in neutral venues are possibly easier to sit in and perhaps more likely to succeed sooner. There's the human nature facet with home circles. Just say that someone emerges as a powerful physical medium who isn't the original medium of the home owner.
There's always the chance of jealousy rearing it's ugly head, that can happen in church based physical circles too but possibly the more 'democratic' neutral venue is a more effective forum to encourage development within the group. I'm watching our new church based physical circle with great interest.

Good point, Peter!

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Admin wrote:What a surprise to hear that Mac sounds more like a Stargatian... yes we have wandered off track but as you said it may be appropriate in that we are mirroring the events at Scole.

Have we, liked the Scole Experiment, opened the door to a dangerous dimension? Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:06 pm

I must say, as re Jo Bradley, that she's published some photos indicative of ectoplasm and transfiguration, not just telekinesis.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:[i]
I'd forgotten about the link I sent to Jim (New Orleans) earlier - I can't remember where I found it. Jim may be able to send it to you.....

Mac, you'd sent me that via a PM on Spiritual Forum. I'm just-now reading your and Peter's conversation here. I'm sure I still have the message with the URL in it. It's getting late here, so I'll check on that tomorrow, and post it here.

Jim

Let's hope this works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSEi_sfaSU&feature=uploadmail

If not, maybe try

Scole Experiement youtube

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:22 pm

The video is now listed as Private.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Very Happy It's been spirited away.
Might this be our first apport on here?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

KatyKing wrote: Very Happy It's been spirited away.

asport....?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:41 pm

mac wrote:

asport....?

Asport! Apport's when it's brought to you: asport's when it's taken away.

You remember: "The Lord giveth, . . . .", and all that! Laughing

I remember asportation from the old, common law definition of larceny: "The unathorized taking and asportation of the personal property of another, with the intent to permanently deprive the lawful owner of its use and possession."

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Well I never knew that. Some toe rag at Heathrow baggage handling once asported a big pack of duty free tobacco from my luggage.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 pm

KatyKing wrote:Well I never knew that. Some toe rag at Heathrow baggage handling once asported a big pack of duty free tobacco from my luggage.

Classic example of larceny: meets all aspects of the definition. Mad

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:13 am

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:

asport....?

Asport! Apport's when it's brought to you: asport's when it's taken away.

You remember: "The Lord giveth, . . . .", and all that! Laughing

I remember asportation from the old, common law definition of larceny: "The unathorized taking and asportation of the personal property of another, with the intent to permanently deprive the lawful owner of its use and possession."

Jim

So it was asported as in (above quote) "It's been spirited away."

Last edited by mac on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:00 pm

So much stuff went missing from baggage that the airport came to be known as Thiefrow. They cracked down and discovered some baggage handlers were living like Ottoman potentates. Porsches,Yachts, villas in Spain, private schools for their kiddies. And these were minimum wage jobs. Big splash in newspapers a few years ago but all sorted now one hopes.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Isn't it amazing what people can accomplish by working hard, living thriftily, and investing wisely? Razz

Last edited by Left Behind on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:49 pm

KatyKing wrote:So much stuff went missing from baggage that the airport came to be known as Thiefrow. They cracked down and discovered some baggage handlers were living like Ottoman potentates. Porsches,Yachts, villas in Spain, private schools for their kiddies. And these were minimum wage jobs. Big splash in newspapers a few years ago but all sorted now one hopes.

Just a quick note'
Do you know that customs have a certain tool to use on baggage they wish to check?
No doubt baggage have the same accessory.
A long narrow tool with a tiny hook on the end.
The hook is inserted into the zip of the suitcase and there you go!
Baggage is open.
Told to me by an ex customs officer.
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:13 pm

They say thieves never prosper but I do wonder sometimes...
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 pm

Left Behind wrote:I saw a fascinating video on the subject that Mac forwarded to me.

What do you think of the Scole experiment?

Jim

The NAS dealt with this subject at the time.

There was little if any survival evidence and I had extensive correspondence with Montague Keen about it

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2