SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic

3 posters

Go down

Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic Empty Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic

Post by Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:26 am

Ok the movie Red Lights, with De Niro playing a psychic, will soon be released. Having recently watched men Who Stare at Goats, a wonderfully plotless movie, on DVD I am not sure how this one will go.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/09/13/red-lights-trailer/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic Empty Re: Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic

Post by Wes Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:56 am

I can just imagine it, De Niro sitting in on a Thompson Seance, talking to a manifested Quentin Crisp or Louis Armstrong:

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?"

The audio commentary on the Goats DVD is far more interesting than the movie itself Jim, It's by the author of the book the movie is based on, and gives a lot of detail on the real life people that the characters are based on.

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic Empty Re: Movie Red Lights De Niro as a psychic

Post by Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:33 am

With a bit of luck De Niro would then take active steps to eradicate elements in the seance.

I will have a listen to the audio commentary then Neale.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Wes wrote:I can just imagine it, De Niro sitting in on a Thompson Seance, talking to a manifested Quentin Crisp or Louis Armstrong:

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?"

The audio commentary on the Goats DVD is far more interesting than the movie itself Jim, It's by the author of the book the movie is based on, and gives a lot of detail on the real life people that the characters are based on.

Hope it's good Smile whats the name of the book the movies based on

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:53 am

If it's The Men who Stare at goats you're asking about, the book has the same title as the movie, and it's written by Ron Jonson. In the audio commentary he admits that the book wasn't as good as it could have been due to various reasons, and that the second half is quite depressing, so be warned!

An extract from the book is at:

http://www.jonronson.com/goats_chapter.html

Last edited by Wes on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 am

It appears that Red Lights is an original screen play from the director Rodrigo Cortés’ who's last film was Buried (metaphorically so in the box office as I understand)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down