SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Eldred - Melbourne

+13
obiwan
Ebs
Shelley
mac
hiorta
my-journey
Krya
jzwarycz
emorie
Quiet
Lis
Admin
richard
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 3 Empty Re: George Eldred - Melbourne

Post by mac Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 pm

curiouser and curiouser - Do we have an instance of a less-than-genuine new member? Wink 

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:01 pm

mac wrote:curiouser and curiouser - Do we have an instance of a less-than-genuine new member? Wink 

That would be quite shocking Mac!

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 3 Empty George Eldred

Post by xopont Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 am

Hello I am Maree.
How wonderful to hear George Eldred being discussed,
I knew George, I started my Spiritual pathway at the VSU Melbourne in 1980
and attended many of Georges discussions and his Esoterical evenings
witnessing George in Trance.

xopont

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:09 am

In reality any discussion about George Eldred was over some time back, the genuineness of later contributions becoming ever less convincing...

mac

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 3 Empty George Eldred

Post by xopont Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

[quote="mac"][color=#000000]In reality any discussion about George Eldred was over some time back, the genuineness of later contributions becoming ever less con
Dear Mr Mac.
As this was my first contribution, only discovering this site, I was not expecting such a nasty rebuff from you for mentioning
the name of George Eldred, He was indeed a Spiritual man who helped many along their pathway including myself.
Maree

xopont

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 am

No rebuff intended but we've had some idiots on these forum pages and it's impossible to tell them from well-meaning new members - just take a look at the comments above.

I'm happy to learn that you're not such a person.  Welcome and I look forward to what you can add to this thread....

mac

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 3 Empty Dear Mr Mac

Post by xopont Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Dear Mr Mac.
Thank you for your kind reply.
I was indeed happy to find this site, having started my pathway at the VSU IN Melbourne.
I have been living in England now for quite a few years, am on a committee at a Church hertfordshire
and work as a Medium in Hertfordshire and around London.
I was very saddened to read of all the internal disruption within the Church in Melbourne.
If we cant work together in a peaceful and harmonious way within the Spiritual movement
What hope is there for world leaders to bring about peace and end all the discord.
LETS ALL JUST TRY A LOT HARDER ...WE NEED THAT LIGHT TO GO OUT NOW MORE THAN EVER.
Forget about self importance. It is definitely not what it is all about.
BLESSINGS TO ALL MAREE X

xopont

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks for getting back, Maree, and for telling us a little about yourself.  I'm just 'mac' by the way, a shortening of part of my full name.  

Perhaps you know (of) Jim and Lis, the website owners, from your time living 'down-under'?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:09 am

Hi Maree,

Welcome to the site, I have had no experience of the VSU but my wife Lis started her Journey to become a medium in George Eldred,s circle back in the late 1960's. Continued there until she moved to London in the 70's where she went on to work on the platform for a circuit of churches around East London over a 13 year period before coming back to Aus and Adelaide.

I have heard of the issues at the VSU and their adoption of a different set of principles. I believe there are very few churches now affiliated which seems a shame but we have little or no contact with the churches there just a few of the mediums, some of whom run there own centres and were once strongly involved with the VSU, like Joanne King
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 3 Empty Jim and Lis

Post by xopont Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:29 pm

mac wrote:Thanks for getting back, Maree, and for telling us a little about yourself.  I'm just 'mac' by the way, a shortening of part of my full name.  

Perhaps you know (of) Jim and Lis, the website owners, from your time living 'down-under'?

Dear Mac.
I cant recall ever meeting Jim or Lis Bless Maree

xopont

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 3 Empty VSU

Post by xopont Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Maree,

Welcome to the site, I have had no experience of the VSU but my wife Lis started her Journey to become a medium in George Eldred,s circle back in the late 1960's. Continued there until she moved to London in the 70's where she went on to work on the platform for a circuit of churches around East London over a 13 year period before coming back to Aus and Adelaide.

I have heard of the issues at the VSU and their adoption of a different set of principles. I believe there are very few churches now affiliated which seems a shame but we have little or no contact with the churches there just a few of the mediums, some of whom run there own centres and were once strongly involved with the VSU, like Joanne King

Dear Jim.
Thank you for your welcome.
The VSU certainly sounds like a completely different church than the one I knew. It is a very similar trend here at the moment. Some people
are strong in their belief that the SNU as it is referred to here is the way which will make the religion of Spiritualism accepted and respected as
a recognised religion , on a par with orthodox religions whilst maintaining our core beliefs. There are also many many centres everywhere being
run by Spiritual people which many mediums serve, The wonderful thing about Spiritualism is it allows the individual to grow and expand on their own
pathway, without being boxed in to one way of believing...The seven Principles which it adopted is at the core, even though some now feel it time
to change and bring them into this era, changing what they feel is right for them.
The church where I am on the committee, is an SNU church and we are very happy with this.
Has Lis heard of a medium called Mavis Patilla? I am going to one of her workshops this weekend in Manchester.
Bless Maree

xopont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3